Thread: Britney Spears' mom thinks Britney is a bad influence on sister Jamie-Lynn

Default Britney Spears' mom thinks Britney is a bad influence on sister Jamie-Lynn

Britney Spears and her mother Lynne had just begun to mend their strained relationship, and yet another thing has happened that has put the two at odds -- and it's a tug-of-war over Britney's little sister Jamie Lynn!

A recent getaway to Las Vegas had the Spears family trying to get back into the fun groove, when something went terribly wrong. A source tells Celebrity Babylon that Lynne, 52, wasn't pleased with the way Britney, 25, was trying to influence her younger sister Jamie Lynn, 16.

"At night, it was Lynne the babysitter, and Britney wanting to go out and party. She had Jamie Lynn trying on her clothes, strutting around, and then saying they were taking Jamie Lynn out with them, but Lynne put a stop to that," says the source. k

Lynn wasn't shy about telling Britney to leave Jamie Lynn out of her social plans either. According to the source, Lynne loves Britney, but she is disappointed with the way her impulsive behavior has turned into a side-show circus for the world's entertainment.

"She doesn't want Jamie Lynn getting into drugs, or going down the wrong path. Ever since Britney's meltdown and rehab, she has closely monitored the interaction between Britney and Jamie Lynn, and has told Jamie Lynn flat out that until Britney 'gets better,' she should 'stay away from her' unless she is there to supervise." It's one of the things that caused the rift between mother and daughter in the first place, "Britney doesn't like to be told what to do," says the source, "you want her to go left, she'll go right, she's just that way."

Meanwhile, Lynne has her own dreams for Jamie Lynn, and has asked the man who made Britney a star to help guide her little sister to superstardom, none other than Larry Rudolph. "[Lynne] thinks lightening can strike twice, and this time she'll know the pitfalls better of how to handle what's going on in her daughter's life."

For now, Celebrity Babylon has learned that Jamie Lynn is to have no "alone" time with Britney until her life settles down.

Celebrity Babylon: Hollywood gossip, celebrity news, paparazzi photos
    Ha. Even her mom knows there's no stopping this trainwreck. Way to pimp out your second daughter, though. Because that worked so well the first time.

She JUST realized now?? Bullcrap.

It's cos Mom & Britney's relationship is on the rocks that Mom isn't afraid to voice her concerns re. Jamie Lynn!
    Go Habs Go!!

Hello! A mom goes to Vegas with her two daughters and two young grandsons, after one of the daughters has had drinking issues? She sees no problem with this?

Too little, too late for either of these two IMO. Lynn started giving a shit about ten years (maybe more?) too late. These two have been whores in training most of their lives. In 2 years mom won't have any say over what Jamie-Lynn does anyway, if indeed she even does now. Awaiting Spears trainwreck part II.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

This lady just seems clueless in the parenting department..

Doesn't Britters ever just want a quiet night in with her babies? Fucking tramp

I think Britney's mom is a bad influence on Britney.
    People who live in glass houses......yada, yada, yada

Dur!!!!!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Bronze Member

Wouldn't most normal moms try to stop their kid from going down the same path of temptation?? God, she has no fuckin' clue....and/or she sees the dwindling Britney bank account...

Yeah, Mama made all the $$$ she could off of the olderst, so now its time to protect her other investment and whore her out for a few years before she falls the same way.

I don't think Lynne has anything to worry about. I get the feeling that Jamie Lynn feels that she's above hanging out or associating herself with Britney, and I think that she has a lot of resentment towards Britney both because Lynne blatantly favored her for so long and because Britney constantly embarrasses her in the media. Now that she's a semi-celeb of her own and doesn't need to use Britney and Britney's fame to manipulate people and get perks, I couldn't see Jamie-Lynne having much interest in spending time with her, much less going out and making a fool of herself with her, unless it was some sort of attempt to humiliate or hurt Lynne.

Britney and Jamie Lynn both have bad qualities: Britney seems like a genuinely nice person who's just sort of stupid and immature and has been raised to believe that she doesn't have to take responsibility for her actions because she'll always have people covering her ass. Jamie Lynn, according to everything I've heard about her, is not as into the party scene (a large part of that is probably because of her age), but is a manipulative, vindictive bitch who is just mean as hell. And, intelligence-wise, I don't think she's any ball of fire, either.

well, hello Captain Obvious.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

you think????

Thread Information