Thread: Rod Stewart Marries Penny Lancaster in Italy

Default Rod Stewart Marries Penny Lancaster in Italy

Singer Rod Stewart has wed for the third time, PEOPLE has confirmed.

The 62-year-old rocker said "I do" early Saturday with model Penny Lancaster, 36, his girlfriend of about seven years, in a small town just outside the Italian Riviera resort of Portofino.

The ceremony took place at the 17th century Villa Durazzo in the town of Santa Margherita. Mariagrazia Benazzi, the town hall official who celebrated the wedding in lieu of the mayor, says the only people present were the bride, the groom and two witnesses.

Stewart is said to have given his bride a "huge white diamond ring," Benazzi says.

After the ceremony, which lasted about half an hour, the rocker went out into the villa's landscaped gardens to pose for privately hired photographers with his wife.

The newlyweds and the two witnesses were then whisked away by private minivans to a motorboat docked in the port of Santa Margherita, which took them back to their yacht (decorated with red balloons).

This is Stewart's third marriage he and model Rachel Hunter were divorced in January. He and Lancaster have one child Alastair who was born November 28, 2005. Stewart has five other children from his previous relationships.

Some of the kids, including daughter Kimberley, joined the couple earlier in the week vacationing along the Mediterranean coasts of Italy and France. They were spotted off the coast Villefranche on the French Riviera on Wednesday before their yacht docked off the coast of Portofino.

The day before their nuptials the couple lunched aboard their yacht and they were spotted walking hand-in-hand through a market in nearby Rapallo, where Lancaster bought costume jewelry.

They also took time out to celebrate the 20th birthday of Stewart's daughter Ruby and "Happy Birthday" streamers could be seen hanging up on the decks of the yacht Lady Ann Magee.

http://www.people.com/people/article...042844,00.html

He likes the young blondes. I've heard that he is a super nice man.

I can't help but be happy for them.

Shit! She's the same age as me! Good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I've heard that he is a super nice man.
    Wonder why he can't stay married to any of these wives then? Does he lose interest after they hit a certain age?

That may be possible. I can't help but have a spot for the guy, though, maybe because I had a crush on him when I was 14. I was too young for him, then;now, I'm sure I'm too old for him.

He married Rachel Hunter when she was only 21 and he was 22 years older or something. I've been sort of reading up on him, and he may like to cheat.

I have a hard time getting excited when somebody has been married so many times, his vows must really mean a lot to him

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    He married Rachel Hunter when she was only 21 and he was 22 years older or something. I've been sort of reading up on him, and he may like to cheat.

he may like to? he is a womanizer who has said once she hits 40 it's over. or was it 30? maybe he's raised the age as he is older. i have heard he is generous except with his exes who he blackmails. i think he and kelly emberg had the first big palimony suit. bet this one sticks cuz he's old and she's a honey.

This goes back a few years but I remember when Rod Stewart was on a TV talk show and he said he would rather cut off his penis than cheat on Rachel Hunter.

06/15/2007
    Rod Stewart leaves a party singing with his fiancee, model Penny Lancaster in the northern Italian coastal town of Portofino June 15, 2007.

Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster after their wedding at Villa Durazzo in the northern Italian coastal town of Santa Margherita Ligure June 16,2007.

Source:
    Yahoo! News Search Results for rod stewart
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

No man ever looks good in a white suit. Blech.

I know she has turned into a bitch now ...

Why is she a bitch? I'm curious because I remember watching her on Gilligan's Island [the reality show] and she was one of the nicest peeps there.

I was just reading that he has a 45 year old daughter that he refuses to acknowledge. My guess is that would mean he had to admit he wasn't 30.

Thread Information