Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paris Hilton 'Doing Well' in Jail

Default Paris Hilton 'Doing Well' in Jail

Paris Hilton is coping as well as possible with an "unjust, unfair" sentence alone in a tiny cell 23 hours a day, her lawyer said Monday after visiting the heiress.

"Her attitude is: I'm going to come in here, I'm going to do my time, get it over with, and I'm going to show the world who I really am," attorney Richard A. Hutton told reporters outside the women's jail in Lynwood. "She's using this time to reflect on her life, to see what she can do to make the world better."

Hilton, 26, was sentenced to 45 days on May 4 for violating her probation, but with good behavior could serve 23 days.

She reported to jail late Sunday after a weekend of partying and attending the MTV Movie Awards.

"She's doing very well under the circumstances," Hutton said. "The staff here have reported that she has been gracious, polite, and thankful for helping her."

Hilton's celebrity made it impossible for her to serve her sentence in a dorm-like room with dozens of other women where "the time would pass quick," he said. Instead, she's been segregated from the general population and placed in a cell less than 100 square feet for 23 hours a day in solitary confinement, according to Hutton.

"Because of who she is, they had no choice and believe me, we are more interested in her safety more than anything else but they had no choice but to place her in administrative segregation," he said. "The one hour of the day she's out, she is allowed to ... take a shower or talk on the phone.

"But she's in isolation for 23 of the 24 hours of the day," he added. "And ask yourself, for what? For driving on a suspended license as a probation violation. This is unjust, unfair, and she really is, unfortunately, a victim of a system that we pride so much on being fair. But for Paris Hilton it is not. Finally, my client's reaction to this has been fantastic. I'm very, very proud of her."

http://www.people.com/people/article...041354,00.html

Instead, she's been segregated from the general population and placed in a cell less than 100 square feet for 23 hours a day in solitary confinement.

I love it!

"But she's in isolation for 23 of the 24 hours of the day," he added. "And ask yourself, for what? For driving on a suspended license as a probation violation. This is unjust, unfair, and she really is, unfortunately, a victim of a system that we pride so much on being fair. But for Paris Hilton it is not. Finally, my client's reaction to this has been fantastic. I'm very, very proud of her."

Oh, don't even get me started on that! Bull shit! Of course it's fair, she broke the fucking law and now she has to deal with the consequences like any other human being would have to.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Oh please! It's only been one day so far. I supose we'll be hearing daily updates for the full time she's in the slammer.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Must be a slow news day

Elite Member

Silly me for thinking we would be Paris-Free for 23 days. She was the leading story on ET, etc. Give me a break. Who gives a shit. Now I'm hearing if she does cleaning duties, etc her sentence will be even shorter... .I'm hoping for at least 7 days. I want to see her go into withdrawls from all the shit she is on.

Yea she's suffering all right, sure to learn her lesson and never break the law again.

Ya right.

When i read the title, my first thought was "I'm sorry to hear that". I hope she cries her eyes out (the good one and the bad one) every day she's there. I hope she's miserable, it's jail, not a resort.

Bronze Member

yeah it is so unfair, she has to serve less than half the time someone else who commit the same crime would serve.

Where's the 300 pounds bulldyke when you need him?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Where's the 300 pounds bulldyke when you need him?

she got banned.
    i wonder if paris is as drugged out as they say. will she suffer withdrawl? would be pretty unpleasant in a cell by yourself. at the same time she'll be ready to party come release day.

^^ I don't think it's much of a problem to get drugs in jail.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I thought you don't get to wear yoru extensions in jail.

and if you really think about it, solitary for 23 hours a day would drive anyone crazy. that is so insane I'm almost glad she'll be serving 3 weeks like that.

she better serve three weeks. she originally got 45 days...where the hell did that go?!
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

Paris Hilton was coping well after spending her first night behind bars at the Los Angeles County jail, according to her lawyer.

After visiting the heiress, Richard A. Hutton told reporters: "She's doing very well under the circumstances. The staff here have reported that she has been gracious, polite, and thankful for helping her."
    Scroll down for more
    Paris, with a face full of make up, managed a small smile for her mug shot

Hilton's wax figure at Madame Tussaud's in New York was given a jailbird suit to mark the occasion

"Her attitude is: 'I'm going to come in here, I'm going to do my time, get it over with, and I'm going to show the world who I really am.' She's using this time to reflect on her life, to see what she can do to make the world better."

Hilton is being housed in a special unit where she was spending 23 hours a day in a solitary cell.

Hutton said: "If she was an ordinary citizen she would have been placed in the general population... she'd be living in a dorm with 30, 40, 50 other women and the time would pass pretty quick. She is really being punished because of her celebrity," he added.

The 26-year- old hotels heiress had strolled down the red carpet at a Hollywood awards show only hours before reporting to jail to serve 23 days for repeatedly driving while disqualified.

Crowds at the MTV Movie Awards were surprised to see her attending alongside celebrities including Victoria Beckham and Cameron Diaz.
    Hilton declared: "I'm really scared but I am trying to be strong. I hope I'm setting an example to other young people."

At 10.30pm, the sort of time she would normally be starting a night out, Hilton arrived at the Lynwood Century Regional Detention Centre, next to a motorway and railway line, with her mother Kathy and younger sister Nicky.
    Prisoner 9818783 was photographed, fingerprinted, given a health check and issued with the orange jumpsuit that will be her entire wardrobe while she serves her sentence.
    Scroll down for more
    Paris Hilton enjoyed her last hours of freedom at the MTV Movie Awards

Hilton, who was given a meal of cereal, bread and juice when she arrived on Sunday night, has a cell to herself in a small unit reserved for police officers, public officials, celebrities and other high-profile inmates.
    Her 12ft by 8ft cell has two bunks, a table, a sink, a toilet and a small window.
    Scroll down for more
    A teary Paris Hilton has admitted to being 'scared' about her time in prison

Paris Hilton, with her mother Kathy, headed off to jail just hours after posing on the red carpet

The heiress, who starred in the reality TV show The Simple Life, will have to adjust rapidly to days that start with a 6.30am call.

She will have all her meals in her cell and be allowed out for only an hour a day to shower, watch television, take part in outdoor recreation or make phone calls.

No mobile phones are allowed in the jail, even for visitors.
    Scroll down for more
    Take two... Paris in fact has multiple mugshots

Hilton was jailed last month for violating the terms of her probation for a drink-driving offence.

She claimed she did not know about the disqualification as she employed people to read her mail rather than checking it herself.

Scroll down for more
    Doing time: visiting hours at the centre in Lynwood

Paris Hilton's prison documents

Paris 'doing well' after first night in solitary confinement | the Daily Mail

"But she's in isolation for 23 of the 24 hours of the day," he added. "And ask yourself, for what? For driving on a suspended license as a probation violation.

Oh, fuck off, dickhead. She's in isolation as a favour to you guys so she doesn't get the crap beaten out of her by the general population. If you are trying to make us feel sorry for her, it isn't working.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Well, we can all rest easy because, with Ms. Hilton in jail, the world must surely be a safer place.
    Last edited by buttmunch; June 5th, 2007 at 10:57 AM.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information