Thread: American Idol plans to axe Randy Jackson & Paula Abdua and hire Britney Spears

Default American Idol plans to axe Randy Jackson & Paula Abdua and hire Britney Spears

American Idol plans to axe Randy and Paula, hire Britney Spears next season

According to Mike Walker’s column in the National Enquirer, American Idol plans to get rid of non-essential judges Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul next season. The show is still doing well, but since ratings are down producers want to make some changes. They’re even said to be considering Britney Spears for a permanent judge position!
    Here’s hush-hush from the Top Dawgs at “American Idol” - a major house-cleaning triggered by sinking ratings means Randy Jackson’s out as a judge next season, Dawg… and so is ding-dong wack-a-doodle Paula Abdul! “Ratings this year were the lowest in two years - one week, even ‘House’ beat it,” said a show insider. “The belief is that things have gotten stale, and ‘American Idol’ is now ‘American Idle.’ They really want to mix things up, create a whole new set, institute format changes - and get rid of Paula and Randy, replacing them with younger faces.”

Warning: Put on your dark glasses before reading this blinding lash, Idol fans - at the top of Fox’s wish list is… Britney Spears!
    [From The National Enquirer print edition, Mike Walker’s column, June 11, 2007]

Both Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson have three year contracts that they signed in 2006, meaning they both have two more years left. If this is true Idol will probably have to give them both substantial payouts if they want to replace them.

It sounds a little like fake news to me, though, especially since Britney Spears is being dragged into it. We’ll have to see what happens. She would make for an interesting judge, that’s for sure.

Today’s Page Six has another story of Paula acting weird in public. She was said to be 30 minutes late for the Fifi fragrance awards last week and to have slurred so badly while presenting that it was impossible to understand her. It’s kind of surprising to me that Idol has kept her this long.

Written by Celebitchy

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » American Idol plans to axe Randy and Paula, hire Britney Spears next season

Elite Member

if Britney Spears became a judge i would start watching the show again.

I wouldn't miss Randy or Paula at all. I adore Simon. Maybe to pick the ratings up, they should have singers that don't all sound the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I wouldn't miss Randy or Paula at all. I adore Simon. Maybe to pick the ratings up, they should have singers that don't all sound the same.
    I think so too. I heard on the radio they are losing their younger demographic audience. They said more and more people in their 40's are now watching.

Ha, I HOPE this is true! There are simply no limits to the comedy potential!

Silver Member

isn't national enquirer wicked un-realiable?

Silver Member

I would actually watch that just to see what Britney would have to say and see Simon's reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    isn't national enquirer wicked un-realiable?
    BINGO!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

I don't believe it. They want no part of the Britney trainwreck.

They would let go of Paula and get Britney? Fender bender to 50 car pileup?

I doubt it. Come on, like someone would seriously let Britney critique anybody's singing. What a joke.

^^^Hey, they've let Paula critique people's singing for years. And she has less talent than Britney.

And Simon would have a field day with Britney, not that I believe this story for a second.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

They do too many old fuddyduddy cover songs during the series that young kids just aren't in to. (That is if it's anything like Australian Idol).
    They should make the songs minimum 80s onwards. They do too many ballads and not enough dance stuff.

I'd love to see Britney as a judge. Car crash TV at it's best.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

That'd be entertaining i suppose, but what does Britney know about talent!

Thread Information