Thread: Not to be out done by mum - Nicky Hilton now speaks out (yawn)

Default Not to be out done by mum - Nicky Hilton now speaks out (yawn)

Nicky Hilton Says Jail for Paris Is 'Absurd'

FRIDAY JUNE 01, 2007 08:15 AM EDT
    By Courtney Rubin
    Nicky and Paris Hilton Photo by: Dave M. Benett / Getty With the June 5 deadline for Paris Hilton to turn herself in to jail looming, her younger sister Nicky is speaking out.

"I think she should definitely be punished, but going to jail for a traffic violation is pretty absurd," Hilton, 23, told PEOPLE Thursday at the BlackBerry Curve launch party in Los Angeles, which she attended with Paris.

Though a source told PEOPLE Paris is dreading jail time, the 26-year-old heiress wasn't showing it. Wearing a flirty pink dress, Paris was giddy and giggly as she chatted with her sister and a female pal. (She declined to speak to PEOPLE, saying: "I'm not doing interviews.")

A longtime Paris friend says the laughter is her way of coping. "She's the eternal optimist," the pal who spoke with Paris at the party told PEOPLE. "She's been through so much, but that's always her disposition.

Paris has until June 5 to turn herself in to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, Calif., where she will serve at least 23 days for violating probation by driving with a suspended license.

After serving time, Hilton can look forward to a party in St Tropez. She's the face of a canned sparkling wine called Rich Prosecco and, according to the company, will appear at their summer party. When's the party? Depends on when she gets out.

"We have to wait and see what happens on June 5," Gunther Aloys, the Austria-based head of Rich Prosecco, tells PEOPLE. "Her family is very anxious about what will happen. When it [the jail sentence] is over, she was planning to go on vacation at the end of June. We expect to have a party day then with her in St. Tropez."

The heiress who came to Zurich in April for the brand will also have a photo shoot on the Matterhorn in July or August, plus a market launch in England this summer. Her three-to-five year contract with the brand also includes a share of the business, though Aloys wouldn't specify how much.
    Nicky Hilton Says Jail for Paris Is 'Absurd' - Nicky Hilton, Paris Hilton : People.com

Nice to see that Paris' sentance isn't effecting her lifestyle....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Hit By Ban Bus!

did she really say absurd?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Man...I hate when people talk out of their ass. She isn't going to jail because of a traffic violation, she's going because she violated probation. Seriously,I bet she would be up in arms if she got into an accident with someone on parole,and DEMAND their parole be revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by doriangray View Post
    did she really say absurd?
    Yes. But it's still only two syllables, so don't go getting all excited.

She needs to commit a more atrocious crime so they can't get away with a wimpy 23-day sentence with special treatment.

God I hope the public gets sick of her quick so she'll no longer be considered a celebrity. Then maybe she'll get put in with the regular population next time she commits a crime. Yeah, yeah, I can dream, can't I?

Absurd my ass. Hey Nicky, yo mama's absurd.

No, really, she is ridiculous and absurd and pompous and self-entitled, esp. in court.
    Easy to see where you and your skank sister got that from.

A longtime Paris friend says the laughter is her way of coping. "She's the eternal optimist," the pal who spoke with Paris at the party told PEOPLE. "She's been through so much, but that's always her disposition.
    been through so much?? since when? What she's been poor, bankrupt, homeless, wondered where her next meal was coming from, drug dependant, unemployed, beatened by her parents, abused by her boyfriends?
    Any of the above?
    Or merely caught for breaking the law, punished & then caught for not complying with her punishment?
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I bet "A longtime Paris friend"=her aunt Kyle, Kathy's sister.
    Apparently attention-whoring runs in the family.

Thread Information