Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes are fighting over Kidman’s kids

Default Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes are fighting over Kidman’s kids

According to OK! Magazine, Katie Holmes and Nicole Kidman are fighting over Kidman’s two children with Katie’s husband, Tom Cruise. Nicole wants Katie to know she’s their real mother, and is said to be angered by the young bride’s role in her children’s life.

OK! tells the story of how Isabella Cruise, 14, immediately visited a salon in Sydney when she was in Australia visiting her mom Nicole, and had blue streaks put in her hair. Tom and Katie would have been livid, they claim, and would never have allowed Isabella to dye her hair blue under their watch.
    “In a million years, I can’t imagine Bella doing that while at home,” a friend of Tom and Katie tells OK!. “As the so-called weekend parent, it seems Nicole may be letting Bella get away with things that wouldn’t fly at home in Beverly Hills.” The reason? According to an insider, Nicole isn’t happy about how close her kids are to Katie….
    Close TomKat friend Jada Pinkett Smith recently referred to Katie as Isabella and Connor’s mom in a magazine interview. “She’s a great mother,” Jada, 35, said. “Her kids - Connor, Bella, Suri - are some dynamic children and are extremely happy.”

While Nicole’s spokeswoman Catherine Olim tells OK!, “I doubt Nicole even saw the Jada Pinkett stuff,” other sources insist she not only knows of it but was hurt by it. “It was a pretty thoughtless thing for Jada to say,” a top studio executive tells OK!. “Bella and Connor only have one mother, and Nicole’s it!”
    [From OK! Magazine print edition, May 28, 2007 via Sammie’s Effluvia]

There was a story in February that Katie Holmes was overheard telling friends that she didn’t approve of a dress that Bella was going to wear to a party, calling it “too grown up” for her, but that Isabella told her that Nicole said it was OK for her to wear the dress.

Katie was said to have mentioned to friends that she needed to call Nicole to make sure she approved the outfit. She put in a phone call, and Kidman told her that she agreed and that Bella shouldn’t wear the dress.

At the time, UrbanDK said it meant that Kidman and Holmes were raising the kids together, but in retrospect it sounds like they have at least some drama in their dual-mommy roles.

I’m not sure if OK! has an insider information here, or if they’re just jumping to conclusions based on the known fact that Bella dyed her hair right after arriving in Sydney. Still, it’s not much of a leap to think that Kidman might resent Katie’s role in her children’s lives. They live with Tom and Katie and she hardly gets to see them.

Written by Celebitchy

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes are fighting over Kidman’s kids

I can't work up much interest in this lame catfight. Yawn.

Gold Member

I think she should be grateful that her kids like Katie. Maybe if she spent as much time rearing them as Katie they would be close to her.

I find it hard to raise much sympathy fro someone that willingly lives far away from their kids. If I had her money I would give up movies and buy the house next door to Tom to make sure that I was seeing them.

It take more to be a mother than opening up your cheque book and purchasing a couple of kids. Seems to me she has willingly vacated their life and left the raising to Tom and Katie. If my ex husband was a nut job like Tom I would move leave no stone to get full custody. She put up very little resistance when custody was decided.

It's hair dye - get over it
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

LMAO.. oh please... kids go to the other parents house all the time and have different rules... that is the way it goes... hell my ex pays outrageous amounts for hair things I would never consider.. as long as they stay within the school code then ... ehhhh.. who really gives a damn..

Gold Member

It could even be that temporary hair dye stuff. Kids have fun. Let them be young for awhile.

I agree. If she were that concerned, then she needs to take a more active role in her children's life. Heaven forbid if my husband and I were to get a divorce, but if we did, I would be fighting tooth and nail to have equal time with my children.

How do we even know Holmes is a mother to those kids at all? Because Jada says so? Please. She might not have anything to do with them at all. Lots of stepparents are neutral to the stepkids and it's not like anyone believes this marriage is real.

Jada should shut her yap and go bench press Will...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

They could have a worse step-mom than Katie. She seems pretty harmless to me.

Like Katie should be saying anyone's clothes are too grown up for them...she dresses like the Queen of England in her old lady clothes.

I doubt Nicole cares, she seems to have a whole different life, it's so odd to me that we never see pictures of her with her kids or at any of their games and such.

I think Nicole's problem is that Tom does everything in his power to limit Nicole's visitation with those kids, making her appear to be this uncaring bitch of a mother, while playing Katie up as the supermom.

I don't think that Nicole had much choice in the matter of how much time she gets to spend with the kids. They're Nicole's kids, and TomKat and their fellow cult-members have NO right to be insinuating that Katie is their "mother."

True, but I don't recall seeing Nicole with them much prior to Katie coming in to the picture either.

Nicole keeps the visits private. She saw them not too long ago and the visit was mentioned after the fact. Unlike Tom, she clearly doesn't feel the need to farm the kids out for photo ops to make herself look good.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She died her hair blue and they're going to be pissed? Is dying your hair somehow anti-$cientology? Otherwise, I don't see the problem.

They could have a worse step-mom than Katie. She seems pretty harmless to me.
    She's only harmless when you figure in that they're operating under the same regime she is.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information