Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Beth Ditto says its the gays' fault

Default Beth Ditto says its the gays' fault

Beth Ditto Blames the Gays

Beth Ditto said that gay dudes are the reason why chicks obsess about being skinny sluts.

She told NME Magazine, "If there's anyone to blame for size zero, it's not women. Blame gay men who work in the fashion industry and want these women as dolls. Men don't know what it feels like to be a woman and be expected to look a particular way. The Beckhams are part of the machine, Paris Hilton is part of the machine. There's that thing Paris Hilton said about Lindsay Lohan 'You're poor, ugly and fat.' It's always women who are victims."

The 210lb singer doesn't put Kate Moss into that category though. She says Kate Moss feels her pain. She said, "I spent one night talking to Kate Moss and she said the most amazing things about bodies. I didn't think I was going to like her, but she said, 'Do you know what I hate, Beth? When people tell my big girlfriends, 'You have a beautiful face…' That's a really radical concept."

Beth darling....what Kate meant was "It's a really radical concept, because there's nothing beautiful about big girls! Not even their faces!" That's what Kate really meant, let's be real.

How dare she say that about the gays! Bitch doesn't know her demographic! The gays are the only ones buying her music! I don't agree with her anyway. Donatella Versace anyone? Oh wait, she's a gay man. I stand corrected.

Source: Female First
    Thx Jo

Dlisted | Be Very Afraid
    I kinda like this girl. She makes an interesting point. its not necessarily believable, but interesting nonetheless.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think she weighs more than 210 anyway.

Blaming gay people is completely wrong.
    However, people working in the fashion industry do *want* models ad dolls... they have to look as much as possible as clothes-hangers.
    So, I agree that she makes an interesting point here.

Hit By Ban Bus!

and i suppose she is an example of a healthy woman? one extreme to the other i think. she looks like a drunken slob.

not only do i not find her point interesting, i find her ridiculously obese and her blatant attempt to make fat okay by attacking a whole demographic to be a bit pathetic.

back away from the ho-ho's beth, your concern shouldn't be with those wanting to be size zero ... it should be with those who think a 30W dress is a good size for any woman.

I think she has a point but i cant think about that right now bcause i'm on my way to the toilet to throw up after seeing that picture.

Well how many gay men on the street like size zero women?

The answer is: NONE OF THEM CARE.

It's the fashion industry, you bloated JabbaCow.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yeah since when were gay men looking at women and pressuring them to look a certain way!?
    Men aren't even as critical as women.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Well how many gay men on the street like size zero women?

The answer is: NONE OF THEM CARE.

It's the fashion industry, you bloated JabbaCow.
    good point. it's the rag sellers and the paint makers. if models were 200 pounds "the gays"would still be working in the business.

Well yeah.

Fat chicks need threads too.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

She's probably just another "black girl butt" admirer who thinks the "bigger the the butt the better" like Kylie.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

She looks like Pete Doherty's fat, drugged-up twin sister.

She supposed to be a SINGER but she seems to be trying to make a career out of being unhealthily overweight.

How does this make her better than models who are doing their jobs (and it is their job to be extremely thin right now).

There's that thing Paris Hilton said about Lindsay Lohan 'You're poor, ugly and fat.' It's always women who are victims."

I thought it was the fault of "the gays". But Paris Hilton isn't a gay man. Is she???

Why gay men? Donna Karan, Stell McCartney, Anna Sui, etc may have less then uber feminine looks, but they are not gay men.

The fashion industry and media pressure women to be skinny.

Hit By Ban Bus!

With over half of America overweight, I find it funny that people diss on her for being proud of who she is? Does she need to lose a few lbs? sure, but so does most everyone else. The difference between her and other obese people is that she doesn't hide out and hate on herself like most. How many people are scared to go out or look sexy b/c of weight? But instead, she gets a band and guess what??? people like her b/c of who she is, imho that's what overweight people need to embrace instead of telling themselves "if only i was x lbs. lighter life would be worth living, i'd be worth something, etc" So what if people think she's glorifying obesity, in many ways most of you probably do, too. Everytime you go to mcdonald's or dairy queen you are saying I love being fat in a psychologically unhealthy way. I can speak from experience b/c 4 years ago I lost 135 lbs. (on my own, no gastric bs). So on the inside is there probably a part of her that wouldn't mind being size zero? sure but until she does it, I'd rather have her speak up for the meek who actually are the majority. I know that the bigger a person gets, the more invisible they become. So until you're willing to go tell every fat person that they are gross and disgusting (which more than likely will include your mothers, sisters and friends), leave her the heck alone. She's right, we're all so brainwashed into what's normal. Of course she isn't aesthetically pleasing when we are bombarded w/ crazy skinny girls. And as far as health, models like Emme showed that it is possible to be fat and healthy, so unless you see her medical records, you don't know her health. Just look at poor Britney, she gets to 140lbs and gets grief. Now let's go to any mall and find a 140 lbs person and I guarantee you wouldn't call them fat. Sorry so long but I'm sick of it.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information