Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve and Bindi Irwin reunited in new TV series

Default Steve and Bindi Irwin reunited in new TV series

Steve and Bindi Irwin reunited in new TV series - Yahoo! News

The late "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin will be reunited with his daughter Bindi when the pair appear in the eight-year-old's new conservation-themed television series.
    Irwin, who died from a stingray attack while filming last September, had begun work on "Bindi: The Jungle Girl" before his death.
    In launching the series from her treehouse at the Irwins' Australia Zoo on Friday, Bindi said she was pleased to be carrying on her father's legacy as a "wildlife warrior".
    "I'm proud to be showing kids that conservation and helping wildlife is a stack of fun," she said.
    "It's just the most amazing thing that we could ever do."
    Irwin's widow, Terri, said her late husband would appear in the show thanks to the "miles and miles" of footage that remained of him.
    "So it's great that he's still part of our lives and part of our television programming... and it's a continuation of what we started as a family and we're still very much a crazy family," she said.
    Terri said Bindi had been filming with her parents her whole life and it was a natural progression for her to be doing her own show.
    "Steve was involved with the first seven episodes and he really enjoyed watching Bindi doing (them) and showcasing the wildlife that he worked with for so many years," she said. "It gave him great pleasure."
    Terri said launching the series with Bindi would have been a special moment for her husband.
    "I think he would have said: 'Crikey, mate, I couldn't wait for Bindi to take over,'" she said.
    The 26 episodes, in which Bindi shows her audience animals from around the world, will screen in the United States in June and Australia in July.

i'm not sure how i feel about this. This little girl just doesnt seem to be a little girl. i could be wrong.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Just a few weeks ago she was bawling her eyes out at an Australian awards show over footage that didn't even show Steve and now now she's quite happily promoting this with no problems.
    I really don't get this woman AT ALL.
    She runs too hot and cold for my liking.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

^^ the footage was of her interview with Ray Martin... the interview was very emotional. Of course she was going to cry seeing that interview as it was very open and heartfelt. Are the emotions of a woman who has lost her soulmate supposed to be logical and consistent?? I don't think so.. I'm not really sure what you are getting at though... why should Terri cry over her daughter's achievements? this is a happy moment... Terri is being a supportive mum.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    .......and it's a continuation of what we started as a family and we're still very much a crazy family," she said.
    Yeah, well she's right about that.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

pimping out a corpse. Nice!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    I'm not really sure what you are getting at though... why should Terri cry over her daughter's achievements? this is a happy moment... Terri is being a supportive mum.
    I guess she is being a supportive mum but , I dont know.....I'm not the only one in australia who has a problem with the Irwins post-Steve. There is something strange about it all. I can't explain any better, sorry.

Your a fan and that's cool. But I can't help how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Ono View Post
    I guess she is being a supportive mum but , I dont know.....I'm not the only one in australia who has a problem with the Irwins post-Steve. There is something strange about it all. I can't explain any better, sorry.

Your a fan and that's cool. But I can't help how I feel.
    The family was strange before Steve died and nope they are not any less strange now but i don't think where or when the family cries has anything to do with anything.

But of course i must be a fan if i defend something... but alas i'm not.. the irwins shit me to tears but i appreciate what they do for the animals and their zoo has done wonders for my community and wildlife conservation
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    pimping out a corpse. Nice!
    , what way to put it... but its true!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    but i appreciate what they do for the animals and their zoo has done wonders for my community and wildlife conservation
    I totally agree. I appreciate that as well. What they have done to raise the awareness of wildness and also the environment is outstanding.

A*O

Yes, but IS it?? OK so they use their millions to buy tracts of land (aka potentially very lucrative real estate, cynical, moi?) as wildlife sanctuaries but what does Irwin Inc actually DO to win all these accolades as wildlife warriors. Sure they raise awareness about endangered species and yes they have a zoo/business empire (I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this hilariously ironic) but can anyone give specific examples of ongoing wildlife conservation programmes actively promoted and financed by Irwin Inc? I'm not doubting they exist, I just can't think of any which is why I'm a tad sceptical about the Irwins' status as the worlds #1 animal saviours.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^Well said. I'd like to get a look at their entire operation and see what is really going on.

According to their website they provide wildlife rehab in Australia, as well as financially supporting Tiger and Elephant conservation in Asia, and Cheetah conservation in Africa. Wildlife Warriors Worldwide - Home

Bronze Member

How about letting the little girl grieve and just be a little girl...this weirds me out.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    According to their website they provide wildlife rehab in Australia, as well as financially supporting Tiger and Elephant conservation in Asia, and Cheetah conservation in Africa. Wildlife Warriors Worldwide - Home
    So does the RSPCA and other wildlife rescue organisations who don't feel the need to plaster their volunteers (and their kiddies) all over the media at every opportunity. What's actually involved in 'tiger, elephant and cheetah conservation'? I don't doubt their passionate interest in the subject, but I'd love to see how many $$$$$ they spend on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information