Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dita Von Teese: I tried to help Marilyn Manson

Default Dita Von Teese: I tried to help Marilyn Manson

Marilyn Manson's estranged wife Dita von Teese recently gave an interview to the Toronto Star in which she discussed her split with the shock rocker and Manson's new video for "Heart-Shaped Glasses", featuring Marilyn in a love scene with his new girlfriend, Evan Rachel Wood. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Toronto Star: What is the most insulting thing you've ever read about yourself?

Dita: (Laughs) I guess the most insulting thing I've read is that I married for money because I didn't. Didn't make a dime. Didn't plan to. Didn't want to.

Toronto Star: Are you officially divorced?

Dita: Not at all. (Laughs) We're officially still married.

Toronto Star: Any reaction to your ex's new music video "Heart-Shaped Glasses", featuring Marilyn in a raunchy love scene with his new girlfriend, Evan Rachel Wood?

Dita: I have not seen it. I know a lot of people are shocked by it and think I should be shocked but he has put every one of his girlfriends in his videos so it doesn't come as any surprise to me. I was in three videos. Rose McGowan was in two videos.

Toronto Star: Did you two grow apart?

Dita: I wouldn't say growing apart. He's been very vocal about his depression and drug use ... I tried to get him help and he chose not to change his lifestyle and not to get better. And found someone ... (pauses) I think he decided to surround himself with people who want to live that lifestyle as well.

Toronto Star: Are you dating now?

Dita: No, I'm not. I went on a few dates and had a little fun. My first priority is work and having a good time and spending time with my friends and family. I want to be a single girl for a while.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - MANSON's Estranged Wife: 'I Tried To Get Him Help And He Chose Not To Change His Lifestyle'

I'm sure you did. That guy needs help.

The best reaction is to not acknowledge the video. I think she's clever for saying she hasn't seen it, i think thats the best answer even if you have seen it. I have no doubt that video is intended to hurt her, especially since he wears his wedding ring in it.

I think he decided to surround himself with people who want to live that lifestyle as well.
    Eek, so does that mean Evan Rachel is a depressed drug addict too?

She sounds reasonable, good for her. Although it is hard to deal with people who suffer from depression or are addicted to drugs. Both combined must be even more difficult.

her first priority is work...??
    she works?

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    The best reaction is to not acknowledge the video. I think she's clever for saying she hasn't seen it, i think thats the best answer even if you have seen it.
    Same thing I thought. I believe she has seen it, but saying she hasn't is the best thing, I would say the same.

Somehow I can't help but like this girl, ok she's a stripper and she was involved with MM, but at the same time she sounds real and grounded.

She comes across as decent and intelligent in this article - good for her. I'm always impressed when a celebrity sounds smart!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Hit By Ban Bus!

i'm on team marilyn. she annoys me. she must have signed a prenup.

Dita: (Laughs) I guess the most insulting thing I've read is that I married for money because I didn't. Didn't make a dime. Didn't plan to. Didn't want to.

Take note, Ho-ther ... this is what classy women do. They earn their own money and don't take what isn't theirs from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggle View Post
    her first priority is work...??
    she works?

She's a burlesque dancer.

DITA VON TEESE - Official Website of the Burlesque Performer, Fetish Star and Model

Elite Member

this is utter BS. is she saying in thr 4yrs they dated before they got married, they didnt know he was a drug addict? and she probably was too. what a PR whore.

Elite Member

I think dita is pure class.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

I like Dita...and I like Marilyn too. Meh.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

She handled those questions well, and she got a nice dig at ERW by pointing out it's no big deal to be in one of his videos. I don't know if it was meant to be a dig actually, but it did show that she wasn't upset over it and she has already moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    is she saying in thr 4yrs they dated before they got married, they didnt know he was a drug addict?
    Where does she say that? She said he's been very vocal about his addiction, but chooses not to get help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information