Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dina Lohan still riding Lindsay Lohan's coat-tails

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Dina Lohan still riding Lindsay Lohan's coat-tails

May 9, 2007 -- DINA Lohan, a former Radio City Rockette, is riding the coattails of daughter Lindsay Lohan to launch a TV career.

The leggy 44-year-old mother of three was hired by "Entertainment Tonight" to interview celebrities on the red carpet as they arrived at last night's New York premiere of "Georgia Rule," which stars her hard-partying daughter, as well as Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman.

"Dina wants to be a TV star," said one snitch. "But 'ET' may just be hiring her so they can get the Lindsay exclusive."

As much as Lindsay loves the limelight, she may be wary of granting interviews since London's News of the World newspaper published photos Sunday allegedly showing the 20-year-old starlet doing drugs.

A spokeswoman for the show told Page Six: "Dina Lohan will be a special correspondent for the 'Georgia Rule' premiere. We are looking forward to Dina asking the questions only a mother can."

This isn't the first time Dina has tried to use her daughter's fame to snag an "exclusive." When Lindsay was in rehab, her mom took "ET" on the plane with her and her other daughter, Ali Lohan, to go "visit" Lindsay at the Wonderland facility in L.A.

"She was so angry there were cameras there," said a friend of Lindsay's. "And people at the rehab center were infuriated."

OK! magazine also recently reported that Dina - who claims her friends call her the "white Oprah" - was vying for Rosie O'Donnell's spot on "The View."

One insider told Page Six that would "never happen," though reps for the show would not confirm or deny the rumors.

Instead of using her daughter to become famous, Dina should be keeping a closer eye on Lindsay. Spies saw Lohan go to the Christie Street den the Box Monday night, where the club's owner, Lindsay leech Simon Hammerstein, "whisked her away for half an hour the second she walked in the door."

Other notorious bad boys and girls at the bacchanal included the Olsen twins and Rose McGowan, with Robert Rodriquez.

Despite her recent bad press, Lindsay still plans to celebrate her Nylon magazine cover shoot tonight at Tenjune, where her friends will be keeping an eye on her. "She will be around people who care about her, and want her to stay clean," said one pal . . . so anyone who plans on cashing in off a cellphone video shouldn't get their hopes up.

LINDSAY'S MOM HOGS SPOTLIGHT - Pagesix - New York Post Online Edition
    This woman is completely pathetic.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Silver Member

I wish she would go away

I predict she'll OD before La Lindsay does. She hasn't got the stamina of a 20 year old.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

SVZ

.................................white
    .........oprah?

i love how her "questions only a mother can ask" were like "oh my god, did u see felicity huffman, she's so tiny, do you watch desperate housewives? i do".

Dina Lohan did not have enough talent to make it on her own, it's pathetic that she uses her children this way. As for her being the "white Oprah" WTF? This really explains how deluded she really is.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

PSYCHO...no wonder Lindsay feels so entitled and thinks the world revolves around her. Gross, just gross.

A big reason Lohan is such a fucked up cokewhore is that her mother, despite knowing there's a problem with her daughter, does nothing to help her because drama=fame. If Lindsay's drug problem goes away, Lindsay's notoriety goes away and takes Dina's celebrity dream with it. So what does Dina do? Turn a blind eye to what will most likely kill her own daughter at a very young age.

I saw this and it was hilarious. She asked Jane Fonda how hard it is to be a young actress with all the tabloids these days, yada yada, and what advice Jane would have for a young star (read: tell everyone how unfair the people treat Lindsay) Jane looked at her with digust and said her advice would be, "This is not a dress rehearsal. This is the real thing. You get one chance, don't blow it. Because you don't get a second chance."

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I saw this and it was hilarious. She asked Jane Fonda how hard it is to be a young actress with all the tabloids these days, yada yada, and what advice Jane would have for a young star (read: tell everyone how unfair the people treat Lindsay) Jane looked at her with digust and said her advice would be, "This is not a dress rehearsal. This is the real thing. You get one chance, don't blow it. Because you don't get a second chance."

I wish I had cared enough about Dina to watch her get trashed.

I jsut saw Jane Fonda on Larry King and he asked her about La Lohan showing up late to the set, etc. Jane had ALOT of praise for La Lohan's talent and basically said, not in so many words, that Lindsay comes from a really fucked up family and needs some guidance. It was quite interesting, actually. I'm still with La Lohan and think she'll eventually pull her act together.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I jsut saw Jane Fonda on Larry King and he asked her about La Lohan showing up late to the set, etc. Jane had ALOT of praise for La Lohan's talent and basically said, not in so many words, that Lindsay comes from a really fucked up family and needs some guidance. It was quite interesting, actually. I'm still with La Lohan and think she'll eventually pull her act together.
    maybe she can emancipate herself from her mother... her father... & her uncles & aunts as they all seem to be as bad as each other. She needs to break the cycle coz then she would be able to show her siblings that they don't have to go down that route... her little sister has already been sucked in....

What's up with the little sister?

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    What's up with the little sister?
    Sorry - badly worded, i meant she's already going down the "child star" route.... I mean, how many have actually ended up happy, functioning adults without drink/drug problems.... (not that I'm generalising or anything...).

She seems like such a sweet girl (the little sister), I don't want to see her go the same way.

This woman should hook up with Joe Simpson.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information