Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alexa Ray Joel vents on Perez Hilton for calling her ugly

Thumbs up Alexa Ray Joel vents on Perez Hilton for calling her ugly

Oops my title was supposed to say ..."calling her ugly"

Alexa Ray Joel-daughter of Billy and Christie Brinkley.

This is from her Myspace blog at blog.myspace.com/alexarayjoel

"I've got to get away from this computer! I know it's ridiculous, and I should have a thicker skin by now and just plain NOT CARE, but I can't help but be a little bummed out because the incredibly cruel, bullying Perez Hilton (this tabloid guy who calls himself the "queen of media") just put up a horrible picture of me on his site and basically in so many words called me ugly, or rather, wrote that I'm "not that bad, actually, I'm just no supermodel"...

I just feel like saying: "YES, my mom and I look completely different, and I'm OK with that. I like that I look unique, or more "exotic"--I don't want to look like everybody else, and I also don't want to look like a supermodel--I just want to look like ME!" (sorry if this sounds like a repeat of my last blog, but I just have to VENT)...

Oh well, I guess that's a part of the crap that comes with the industry--those sites LOVE putting bad pictures up, and everybody has a few unflattering shots--especially on the red-carpet! I'm still not comfortable posing on it, and (who knows?) maybe I never will be, but I'm just so OVER being compared to my mom looks-wise! I'm happy to have a lot of my father's features (especially his eyes and lips)--I think he's very handsome, and I'm quite sick of hearing people call HIM ugly--I think he has a very soulful face--the face of someone with character and integrity--who has LIVED, and has something important to say.

I just can't help but wonder these days: why does the media's idea of beauty have to always fit inside such a conventional box? Why doesn't the media promote any sense of individuality and open-mindedness? My boyfriend always tells me how much he loves my dimples and how I have a "cute over-bite" when I smile, as well as this scar on my chest that I used to be self-conscious about-- he calls it my "sexy mark", (yes--he's a keeper!!)-- so if these imperfections are what our partners end up growing to love so much about us, why isn't this celebrated as a natural, human truth? Why is it hidden, and replaced with this false truth that everybody's supposed to aspire to look like a "supermodel" (whatever looking like a super-model entails--I have no clue). When my mom saw that Perez Hilton thing, she was like, "OK, what's his point?--I have hundreds of bad pictures taken of me, and I'm a supermodel! Should I release them to the media so everyone can see that NOBODY is perfect?" (I love her for that).

It's just rather depressing on a larger, societal level because apparently his tabloid site gets an average of 6 million hits a day (internationally), and I just feel like--WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS WORLD? Why would 6 MILLION PEOPLE be on a site that does nothing but exploit, objectify, ridicule, and degrade public figures for no reason? Oh well, I know I shouldn't care--I guess I'm just a bit of an idealist and I wish the media wasn't so shallow and affected. It's like, why do these people get such a high out of bringing others down for no real reason?

I must say, I think this Perez Hilton guy is quite dangerous because has actually made a BUSINESS out of calling people "fat, ugly whores!" Why is this? Is it because the general public has somehow become so obsessed with the media that it is entirely acceptable to trash public figures (and their children) and call them all sorts of names JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT? I mean, there was even some blogger on there picking a part the appearance of my 8 year-old sister--it made me sick to my stomach to see that. She's just a little girl--and she's my adorable, beautiful little sister! I cried my eyes out when I saw that, I was so disgusted.

Sorry, I don't mean to get preachy on you guys--I guess I'm just venting. I also wanted to get all of this out there because I don't think there's a lot of people inside of the media who talk openly about it's artificiality, and really question why this is happening, and I think it's about time we started. Because the media really is in a terrible place right now, and I truly feel like the more tabloid magazines we buy, and the more tabloid sites we blog on, the more we are feeding into this dangerous obsession with the media that is spiraling out of control."

Last edited by KristiB; May 1st, 2007 at 07:57 PM.

Silver Member

Good for her. I think she is pretty. Yes, she doesn't look like her mom, but who does?

I also think she's pretty . I remember(yes I'm old) when Alexa was born. She had a real awkward stage but she's really grown into her looks.

I also HATE Perez and when he points and calls her ugly there's three fingers pointing right back at HIM!

I actually think she's quite pretty. Good for her for snapping at his sorry ass.

And she's got a pretty voice too...
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

i hate perez, he's mean

She seems like a talented, level headed girl- and she's not ugly! So screw him and go Alexa!

Perez Hilton's fat fucking ass has no business calling anyone fat or ugly.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I began to cry while reading this. I am one of those who see the dark, doe-eyed exotic looks as beautiful and a look I've always been jealous of. Me...I'm blonde, green eyed and what apparently is supposed to be the ideal for so many, yet I see myself as blah compared to those like Alexa. I say hooray to her Mom & Dad for raising a daughter with such high regard for humanity and YES, for bringing a beautiful woman like her into this world.

Go screw yourself, FatBoy Perez.
    Playful~

Playful kisses I completely agree! I am also a green eyed blonde and think exotic looking women like her are very stunning

guys also seem to love this look (but of course perez is not a guy so what can you expect)? Lol

She is very attractive and Perez is an asshole who needs to be killed after extreme and prolonged torture following being beaten violently about the head and upper body and having other acts of severe physical violence inflicted and perpetrated upon his person.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

She is lovely! He is an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    She is very attractive and Perez is an asshole who needs to be killed after extreme and prolonged torture following being beaten violently about the head and upper body and having other acts of severe physical violence inflicted and perpetrated upon his person.
    Well, Perez whined on his site that he had a nasty case of the flu while hosting an awards show in Australia last weekend. Maybe it's karma.

Oh wait- next week he'll love her!

I think she is beautiful.

This surprised me because i did see that picture of her on perez's site and i thought 'how cruel, its not like she is seeking the spotlight, its not her fault that her mother is Christie Brinkley so shes always going to be compared to her. I thought Perez was such an arsehole. And who is he to call anyone ugly!

*he's posted her myspace blog entry on his site for some reason*

What a cunt. Its one thing to make fun of the celebrities who deserve it, but he doesn't even do that- parisite is the ugliest, stupidest, and least talented bitch in Hollywood.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 1st, 2007 at 08:43 PM.

Silver Member

Thumbs down

perez

she is nice looking and she has her dad's talent for music

f-off perez

It's all about karma.

Perez will get his own worse than just a stomach flu. He better watch it.
    Go Habs Go!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information