Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prince Charles won't attend Princess Diana's memorial concert because he is "too old"

Default Prince Charles won't attend Princess Diana's memorial concert because he is "too old"

British royal PRINCE CHARLES will not be attending the memorial concert for DIANA, PRINCESS OF WALES this July (07), because he is "too old".

The complete line-up for the concert was finalised yesterday (26Apr07), with Sir Elton John, Kanye West, Rod Stewart, Natasha Bedingfield, James Morrison and Status Quo all performing at the summer gig at London's Wembley Stadium.

However, Prince Charles will not join his sons Princes William and Harry at the concert they organised to mark their mother's 46th birthday, and instead attend a church service with his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

A spokesman for the heir to the British throne says, "The concert is really for the younger generation to enjoy. William and Harry are organising the guest list.

"There will be a memorial service for Diana on August 31 (07 - the 10th anniversary of Diana's death), which will be an event for all generations of the Windsors (royals) to come-together."
    PRINCE CHARLES - PRINCE CHARLES TOO OLD FOR DIANA CONCERT

Elite Member

is too old translated as too much of a coward?
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

I agree. He would ruin the whole thing.

A*O

I'm sorry - why does a woman who;s been dead and buried 10 years need a concert to mark her '46th birthday'? I don't blame him for staying away.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Hit By Ban Bus!

he IS too old for that - what's the big deal? besides, she's dead - why celebrate her birthday like that? is it some sort of benefit concert? that would be the only way this could make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I'm sorry - why does a woman who;s been dead and buried 10 years need a concert to mark her '46th birthday'? I don't blame him for staying away.
    no kidding. and it's not like he loved her. he's probably glad he's finally rid of her. him and camilla will probably pop open a bottle of bubbly and have a good laugh at all the idiots waving their lighters around and crying.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Camilla won't let him go.

"and instead attend a church service with his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall."

Dear God,
    Camilla and i come before you today to pray for the woman we lied and cheated on. We know she hears our prays for her and is looking down from heaven with love and forgiveness.

Amen

A*O

Oh purleeze - You'd think he's the only man in the world who cheated on his wife. The Royal Family is FULL of adulterers and nobody gives a shit about them. At least he was a 'monogamous cheater', unlike Diana who shagged anything with a pulse. And don't say "he forced her to cheat". She had a choice.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

lol
    This is one subject the Brit (my SO) and I cannot discuss. He agrees with A*O and dislikes Diana. I am the complete opposite and really, in a rather unhealthy way, despise that dried up old bitch, Camilla.

On another note, I have always found marking the date of someone's death rather odd. I think you should celebrate their birth and perhaps just quietly reflect on them on the day of their death. The boys have the right idea.

Why celebrate death? Remember her life.

He just does not want to go. Have the jewels to say it.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Why would he WANT Diana remembered? lol. Camilla has only been accepted it would appear once Diana was gone. I think, had Diana lived, Camilla would not have been accepted by the public, not really.

Bronze Member

You forget before Diana died the press were starting to turn on Diana. Diana was becoming a national embarrassment. The cult of Diana was beginning to crumble. If she had survived I seriously doubt she would have been beloved as she is now. Diana would have been so disliked that Camilla (who you hardly ever see and has kept her mouth shut) would have made a refreshing change from Diana's antics. Camilla might well have been able to marry Charles with Diana still alive.

Diana was no victim although she played it to the hilt.

She KNEW about Camilla before the marriage. She wanted to be a Princess and she got what she wished for. Charles wanted a virgin brood-mare and he got what he wished for. Then she started whining because things weren't all going her way. Not that she suffered in silence - oh no - national TV programmes where she cried onscreen (remembering to wear NON-waterproof mascara of course to add to the pathos), sleeping around plenty herself and spending money like no tomorrow. Oh, she had it bad!

She was very attractive and manipulative as well in a way Camilla never could be. So what if Camilla's older and less attractive? That makes her the perfect match for Charles! The only reason Charles entertained the idea of Diana was to produce heirs. Diana was already a Lady with a capital L, so she moved in those circles and she KNEW what marrying a royal entailed and she wanted to be a Princess so badly she went for it.

I didn't hate her, she did some good in the world but she was a very silly woman and not the saint she's being made out to be.

too old= good nuf for me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information