Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rosie O'Donnell is leaving The View

Default Rosie O'Donnell is leaving The View

TMZ was right! Rosie O'Donnell is leaving "The View" after fulfilling her one-season contract. ABC just released this statement and Rosie will confirm on today's show at 11. ABC was unable to come to a contractual agreement for her second year and she will leave Mid-June.

Barbara Wawa said: "I induced Rosie to come back to television on 'The View' even for just one year. She has given the program new vigor, new excitement and wonderful hours of television. I can only be grateful to her for this year. I am very sad that ABC Daytime could not reach an agreement with her for a second year. We will all miss Rosie on 'The View,' and hope she will be back with us often next season. She remains for me a cherished friend and colleague."

Rosie said: "This has been an amazing experience, and one I wouldn't have traded for the world. Working with Barbara, Joy and Elisabeth has been one of the highlights of my career, but my needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me. To all the viewers out there, I just want to say 'thank you' for opening up your hearts and your homes to me this past year. But you can always find me at rosie.com. Here's hoping there's more confetti for all of us going forward."

Michael K said: "Fuck this show! I'm deleting it from my Tivo! Get Alexyss K. Tylor, CoCo or Lewis the Cat as a new co-host and I might change my mind!"

ABC has no plans to announce a new co-host yet.
    Dlisted | Be Very Afraid
    Thank GAWD!!!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Good riddance.

..and a huge sigh of relief fell over ABC land.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I wonder if they're going to try to fill her seat or drop the show altogether. Whatever you think of her, she pulled the ratings out of the tank.

She was good for ratings, that's true. I for one won't miss seeing her mug or listening to her drivel.

....the only way this affects my life is that The Soup on E! won't be able to play clips of her any more.......

....but I find myself still smiling a little........

Elite Member

I know I'm in the minority, but I like Rosie and I'll miss her. She reinvigorated that show.

Hooray
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    I wonder if they're going to try to fill her seat or drop the show altogether.
    It'll take a minimum of 2 maybe 3 people to fill that seat. ah...zing. Feel free to use that one Donald, no charge. Rosie's fat!

^^You and me tulip. Rosie is the only reason I tuned into The View. Before with Star, Meridith, Bitsey and Grandma it was so boring. I thought Rosie was kinda funny. I'll bet she's getting her own show.

I'm glad to see Rosie go. I don't like her. She's obnoxious.

don't know she popped into my head, but I think Lori Loughlin would be a good host. I'd also like to see another conservative so that it's not always everyone ganging up on Elisabeth, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority w/ that opinion on this board!

Did they get rid of that shrill, retarded neo-conservative Bush-fucker chick?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Southernbelle, I agree -- I think that another conservative would be good. I think having only Elisabeth carry the conservative torch is really hard for her. Usually, the guest co-hosts are liberal, and Barbra doesn't get involved in political discussions, so it's often 3 against one.

I'm liberal...but I think having a more balanced panel would make for more interesting debate.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I agree I'd love to see a sparring two on two re politics on there.

tulip-
    "I'm liberal...but I think having a more balanced panel would make for more interesting debate."

Much more..got tired of hearing only one side on every issue..
    i stopped watching. Not sure i will return.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information