Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie has filed a petition to change Pax Thien Jolie's name

Default Angelina Jolie has filed a petition to change Pax Thien Jolie's name

Pax's New Name -- It's the Pitts!

Posted Apr 24th 2007 6:45PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Kids, Brad and Angelina
    Angelina Jolie has filed a petition in L.A. County Superior Court to change the name of her latest adopted child from Pax Thien Jolie to Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt.

In papers filed April 16 and obtained today by TMZ, Angelina -- the sole adoptive parent of Pax -- is requesting the change so it will reflect the last name of her partner, Brad Pitt, and so it is the same as that of her other three children.

Angelina adopted the three and a half-year-old little boy from an orphanage in Vietnam last March.

Pax's New Name- It's the Pitts! - TMZ.com
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

What a screwed-up name. Poor kid.

Don't worry Edie, before much longer he'll just be referred to as "number 4"... so it won't matter!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I don't see the big deal with adding Pitt's name. That way he'll have the same hyphenated last name as his new siblings. And why wouldn't the parents give him their last name(s). Adoptive parents do it every day, and the world still spins.

Just name them all George like George Foreman did with his sons...

Hit By Ban Bus!

i think people are getting very nit picky about aj. why wouldn't she want all her children to have the last name? seems normal to me. it also seems to show that her union with pitt is still good. she seems damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. so she has a screwy background and also happens to be a gorgeous, rich actress. i think she is also a good person.
    people say she is a husband stealer. maybe if jennifer aniston (ja) wasn't a controlling workaholic she might not have lost her husband in the first place.

I don't see the big deal with adding Pitt's name. That way he'll have the same hyphenated last name as his new siblings. And why wouldn't the parents give him their last name(s). Adoptive parents do it every day, and the world still spins.
    The problem being Brad Pitt is NOT this kid's parent?

Vietnam doesn't allow couples adoption if the couple is not married, so a lot of shit went down when Angelina adopted because everyone on the planet knows she has a boyfriend. Meanwhile other couples who've wanted to adopt for years have not been able to do so because they're unmarried. Angelina claimed she was adopting to the letter of the law and told Vietnam she was to be Pax's only parent and so he was adopted only by her, NOT her and Brad. Seems to me she just conned the Vietnamese officials - she adopted Pax, then turned around, brought him home and in a month has no petititioned to have his name changed even though Brad is not legally this kid's father.

Hit By Ban Bus!

even if there is some shady dealings going on, what of it? she's giving the little guy so many oppurtunities he probably would have never had. lots of people out and out pay for babies and give them great homes.
    i bet pax is sitting by the pool in his ray -bans, practicing his new signature right now

even if there is some shady dealings going on, what of it? she's giving the little guy so many oppurtunities he probably would have never had.
    Well then why doesn't she go into Compton and kidnap a couple of kids from there? If the reasoning is that she doesn't have to follow the law or the rules cause she's rich and famous so any kid she adopts will have a better life.

I don't care if she changes his last name. I'm still having problems with her changing the kid's FIRST name though.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Well then why doesn't she go into Compton and kidnap a couple of kids from there? If the reasoning is that she doesn't have to follow the law or the rules cause she's rich and famous so any kid she adopts will have a better life.
    i'm not sure what compton is and perhaps i should choose my words better. i think this is a bit of a technicality at best and something i would do myself. i don't think she is kidnapping anyone. i hope she adopts 20 kids and the all live happily ever after. in fact i may write her a letter and say i'm up for adoption...
    i'd rather pick on britney who doesn't even want her kids.
    but each to their own.
    edit: i just looked up compton. gotcha
    and i do agree it's weird to change his first name.

I guess I just think that taking these kids in from an orphange is better than just walking by and passing out a teddy bear. I have a feeling she is more involved than most adoptive parents of foreign born children since she can afford to have the best of the best...

agree to picking on brit and alec... people that outwardly dont appreciate what they do have...
    and if i have a bitch about angelina is ... she said she wanted to do the mom thing... i wish she would .. i think they would adjust better... other than that.. more power to her and brad ...

[QUOTE=Novice;645305]Pax's New Name -- It's the Pitts!

In papers filed April 16 and obtained today by TMZ, Angelina -- the sole adoptive parent of Pax -- is requesting the change so it will reflect the last name of her partner, Brad Pitt, and so it is the same as that of her other three children.

Let me get this straight. AJ is the sole adoptive parent of these children but the children all have the hyphenated Jolie-Pitt last name. Jolie won't commit to the hyphenated last name, of course, because she and Brad aren't married and I get the feeling she wouldn't go down that route anyway. IMO. Okay, I get all that.

Has Brad legally adopted any of AJ's adopted children or do they just bear his name? I haven't kept up with all these adoptions! Why isn't Brad jointly adopting these children to begin with? Is that so Brad can make decisions in the children's lives while he is with AJ but when this thing heads south AJ ensures that she gets the adopted children because she's the one who solely adopted them?

I'm not trying to bash AJ, I'm just wondering if she prefers to solely adopt children because if the realtionship ends then she knows she will always have those children. With Shiloh, or any other children she has naturally, she will have to "share" them with their father.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Hehehehe, I know what Compton is and you're funny!

It really doesn't matter if she changes the name to add Pitt. She'll be dropping it soon enough. It's when he actually adopts any of those kids that I'll take it all seriously. Why hasn't he, after all? Rosie O'Donnell's partner has adopted all of the kids that Rosie had before she met Kelly. I wonder what they're waiting for?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think this came up in another thread and apparently the adopting of the other kids by Pitt is in teh works. I assume he'll file to adopt this one as well.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information