Thread: Kim Basinger denies voicemail leak: calls Alec Baldwin 'unstable'

Bronze Member

Default Kim Basinger denies voicemail leak: calls Alec Baldwin 'unstable'

Apr 24, 2007 08:25 AM
    Associated Press

LOS ANGELES Kim Basinger denies she leaked a voicemail in which her ex-husband, Alec Baldwin, calls their 11-year-old daughter a "rude, thoughtless little pig."

"Kim Basinger did not release the voicemail. Additionally, the voicemail was not sealed under a court order," said a statement released by the actress's publicist, Annett Wolf, on Monday.

Baldwin left a voicemail lambasting his daughter, Ireland, for failing to answer the telephone for a prearranged call. The tape was aired by the celebrity website TMZ.com on Thursday and quickly made headlines around the world.

A Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner ordered Baldwin to stay away from his daughter pending a May 4 hearing.

Baldwin, who has been locked in a custody dispute with Basinger since their 2002 divorce, blamed her for the leak on Friday. He also apologized on his own website for "losing my temper with my child."
    "I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now," Baldwin wrote.

"Everybody is always asking why this custody battle has been going on for so many years, and now they have the answer. The issue is not about Kim or the alleged alienation that Alec constantly refers to; it is about his ongoing aggressive behaviour, " Basinger's statement said.

"Kim's sincerest wish is for him to finally address his unstable and irrational behaviour so he, at some point, can potentially create a relationship with his daughter," the statement said. "Until then, Kim will continue to protect and safeguard her child's well-being as any parent would."

Basinger is facing trial on 12 misdemeanour counts of criminal contempt for allegedly disregarding court orders concerning Baldwin's visitation rights.
    TheStar.com - artsentertainment - Basinger denies Baldwin voicemail leak

"Kim Basinger did not release the voicemail. Additionally, the voicemail was not sealed under a court order," said a statement released by the actress's publicist, Annett Wolf, on Monday.
    If Kim did not release the voicemail, why did the publicist find it necessary to add that it wasn't sealed under a court order?
    "You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Kim is certifiably whacky, although Alec might have some aggression issues. Then again, he's east coast...it might just be his way.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

They are both selfish pricks more concerned about laying the blame on the other person than what's in the best interest for their child. I hope the judge orders joint counselling for all.

Basinger is facing trial on 12 misdemeanour counts of criminal contempt for allegedly disregarding court orders concerning Baldwin's visitation rights.

As I've been saying, nobody flips out like that the first time this happens - try TWELVE and I might be having some anger issues too....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^And, why have there been no reprocussions for Kim. 12 misdeamour counts would have most of us "regular people" in jail.

exactly .... I don't support verbally abusing a child, but something should have been done about Kim deliberately keeping the child from him too. He may not be the most stable person in the world, but I bet he's more stable than her...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Even the most stable person would go a bit bananas after the kind of shit she appears to have been doling out to him for quite some time. We all have our breaking point.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thumbs down

Even the most stable person would go a bit bananas after the kind of shit she appears to have been doling out to him for quite some time. We all have our breaking point.
    WHATEVER Kim did or did NOT do, there is no justification for Baldwin screaming at his daughter like that & calling her a PIG and threatening her!!!!!

If he is ANGRY, the person to be angry AT, is Kim, not an eleven-year-old girl!

The fact that so many people still support this out-of-control, raging man is very frightening!

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information