Thread: Kirsten Dunst - Spiderman would be a big flop without me

Default Kirsten Dunst - Spiderman would be a big flop without me

BEIJING, April 17 (Xinhuanet) -- Whether there will be a "Spider-Man 4" movie remains a mystery with the cast giving no clear clues Tuesday, but Kirsten Dunst said earlier that one thing is for sure: a sequel without her, co-star Tobey Maguire and director Sam Raimi would be a box office flop.

At a press conference Tuesday, Dunst gave glimmer of hope when asked about how her character -- Mary Jane Watson -- had developed in the latest film.

"I think this last film -- not the last film, but the third film -- has really been a culmination of that growth of family," she said, referring to the cast.

Sam Raimi were also at the packed news conference, but no reporters got a chance to ask the question whether the superhero would return to the screen in a fourth adventure.

Separately Dunst told Entertainment Weekly that if that happens, a "Spider-Man 4" without Raimi, her and Maguire would be "disrespectful to the whole team."

"Audiences aren't stupid. It'd be a big flop without me, Tobey or Sam," Dunst said in a story posted on the celebrity magazine's Web site, ew.com.

"Spider-Man 3" made its world debut in Tokyo Monday. Maguire, Dunst and other stars of the movie attended the gala red-carpet premiere.

The previous two "Spider-Man" films have raked in more than 1.6 billion U.S. dollars worldwide since the first was released in 2002, making it one of the most successful franchises of all time.

Xinhua - English
    Last edited by Voodoo Child; April 23rd, 2007 at 11:56 PM.

Big head much?

Eli

You know what else would have been a big flop without her? Bring it On... um... what else was she in???

It would be a huge flop without Raimi and Maguire, Spiderman had other girlfriends- she's replaceable.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

LOL, I think spiderman 3 is gonna be a flop.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Going to have to disagree with you there. It's going to be a huge hit- the comic nerds are frothing. They introduce Venom, a gigantic story arc from the 90's.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

This is proof that she's stoned 24/7. Which is fine by me as long as I get to be stoned anytime I have to hear her talk or see her.

No, we're not stupid...not stupid enough to buy that sack of shit. Tobey and Sam I'd miss, but I actually think it's time for Spidey to move on and get a better girl.

Thread Information