Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin wins "father of the year" -- and loses visitation rights

Default Alec Baldwin wins "father of the year" -- and loses visitation rights

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And, we've learned, the tape could cost Baldwin his visitation rights.

After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went bersek on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

TMZ.com

Got to TMZ to listen to the phone call.

Silver Member

I'm confused about one thing; in the message he says its 10.30am but that she isn't answering her phone at 10pm at night? Or did I interpret that incorrectly?

If he wants such controlling interaction with his daughter why depend on a mobile phone like that? Why not just be in town for his daughter when he needs to be rather than expecting a child to be so completely responsible as to be ready to accept the abusive phonecall from her father at a time designated by the court, and have her phone charged ready and waiting. Poor kid, that's just horrible.

I know people will say that Kim must have set the child up for this but it's one thing to have a parent criticse the other, it's a WHOLE other kettle of fish to leave a message like this on a child's mobile phone. Can you imagine the child actually receving that voicemail? Clearly he went running straight to her mother and you can't blame her. It wasn't Kim who did that.

Ok, so why is this so horrible? If she's being rude and disrespectful about not answering his scheduled calls, why shouldn't he ream her a new one?

Silver Member

I just happen to think it's a lot to expect of an 11 year old, to be so disciplined and willing to interact with a parent per some court instruction, and to make sure the phone is fully functional.

Or maybe I'm just too soft

Wow that's a bit harsh for missing a scheduled call!
    I feel for the poor girl. Imagine growing up with parents
    like this.

I think, when you know full well everything you do is being examined under a microscope ,it would be wise not to give the OtherSide ammunition on a silver platter. He had to be under the influence of something questionable. I don't see he gave the Judge a big choice.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Ok, so why is this so horrible? If she's being rude and disrespectful about not answering his scheduled calls, why shouldn't he ream her a new one?
    I'm on the fence about this, but leaning a little more to your side.

We all know that Alec has issues with his temper. That said, I really believe that Kim takes him to that edge at times. She really despises Alec (maybe rightfully so, who knows?) and I think she uses this child as a pawn. It's always been apparent to me that Alec adores this child. He's at the breaking point though. I think I'd be there too under similar circumstances. He relies solely on these phone calls and I can understand his frustration when he can't reach her. I think completely taking away his visitation rights was a bit extreme.

I feel for his daughter because she's in the worst possible position.

Man, how many scheduled phone calls do you have to miss to get someone that angry at you.

It didn't even sound like him to me, isn't his voice usually very deep and raspy?
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    But there was no need to use such foul and abusive language with an 11-year-old girl.

Well if my father left voicemail messages like that, I would probably avoid his calls, too.

Sad, I like Alec Baldwin. He should know better.

I think it's over the line because no matter what the reason she missed the call, he's no supposed to verbally abuse her. It's bound to be damaging. Why would she ever willingly talk to someone who would talk to her like that? I'm sure he's upset not being able to reach her, but can he blame her for not answering him? She's only 11. An adult wouldn't call back anyone who would leave a message like that, why should a child have to?

He could have told her the exact same things in a non-abusive way. It wasn't necessary to scream and curse at her. It even sounded like he was threatening her the next time she'd visit.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

I think he was taking out his aggression towards his ex-wife Kim on their daughter. He blames Kim for everything, he blamed her for Ireland not being around to pick up the phone. Seems like projection.

Not saying it's right to talk to your kid like that but it seems like he's most angry with Kim and their messy divorce.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

It sounds exactly how my daughter does her father but he doesn't start screaming at her until after the 2 missed call.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

It doesn't matter if this was the 2nd missed call or the 22nd. He is the parent and he should KNOW better in a situation like he is in than to leave a message like that on an answering machine. Talk about stupid!! Further, she is just a kid and I don't think you should be verbally abusive like that with a child. It can scar a kid.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information