Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Lily Allen cancels tour dates - 10 US towns cheer!

Default Lily Allen cancels tour dates - 10 US towns cheer!

'Tired' Lily Allen cancels US tour

NEW! LILY ALLEN HAS scrapped the rest of her North American tour, saying she is 'too tired' to complete it.

The singer announced her decision by posting a blog to fans on her MySpace page admitting she has 'never had to do any hard work before'.

The 21-year-old singer, who is the daughter of actor and hell-raiser Keith Allen, has been touring the US to promote her debut album Alright, Still, The Guardian reported.

She has been hinting that she might pull out of concert dates for some time, after being pictured in tears after the Brit awards in February when she was due to fly back to the US.

Earlier this month the singer, whose album is number 74 in the US billboard charts, wrote on her blog that she had been crying 'under the duvet' on the tour bus because she missed home so much.

'I have been on tour with this album for a year now,' she wrote on her MySpace page. 'I have fulfilled every commitment up to this point. I am tired, but more than that I don't think I have been giving my best performances recently.'

In a tongue in cheek aside, she added: 'I have cancelled many of my May and June tour commitments in America.

'The reason for this is because my mummy and daddy are very rich and I have never been in a position where I have actually had to do any hard work before.'

A total of 10 tour dates have been cancelled. She apologised to those with tickets and offered a full refund, saying the cancelled dates will be rescheduled for later in the year. (17 April 2007)
    ‘Tired’ Lily Allen cancels US tour - Marie Claire - news and celebrity photos, fashion and beauty advice, plus horoscopes, travel, food and competitions

'The reason for this is because my mummy and daddy are very rich and I have never been in a position where I have actually had to do any hard work before

Ugh, hate you bitch.

oh come on, did she really say that?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think that she needs to lay off the satire!!!

blog.myspace.com/lilymusic

Hey Guys ,
    I'm writing to tell you that I have cancelled many of my May and June tour commitments in America . The reason for this , is because my mummy and daddy are very rich , and I have never been in a position where i have actually had to do any hard work before . I thought that being a popstar meant going out getting trashed with famous people and sleeping in all day . The fact that this is not true has come as a huge dissapiontment to me , and as a result I am throwing the towel in .

No but seriously , I have been on tour with this album for a year now , I have fulfilled every commitment up to this point . I am tired , but more than that I don't think I have been giving my best performances recently . I have been getting really drunk because i've been so nervous about doing bad shows , and I don't want people spending money on a going to see a show that isnt the best it could be . I am not falling apart at the seems , I am not suffering with exhaustion , I am not pregnant* , and I am not going to rehab . I will be here in America , promoting the album and also starting to write the second album , which I am beyond excited about . The LA and New York shows will still be happening , and I am still playing Coachella and Bonaroo and all the other festivals .

I'd like to apologise to anyone who has bought tickets , but you can get your money back , if you take 'em back to the place you bought them from .

* well that answers a question in another thread.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

"..my mummy and daddy are very rich , and I have never been in a position where i have actually had to do any hard work before..
    No but seriously , I have been on tour with this album for a year now , I have fulfilled every commitment up to this point . I am tired , but more than that I don't think I have been giving my best performances recently ..."

Refreshing that she doesn't take herself too seriously.
    Still don't like her music though.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Elite Member

Not the way to get people to follow your music.

I might find her honesty refreshing, if I were also a spoiled arrogant brat whose "mummy and daddy are very rich", and never had to work hard before.

Blog Entries

Druggie, bet she's heading for rehab.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post
    Druggie, bet she's heading for rehab.
    Or she's 'tired' because she can't get coke on tour... though I doubt it!
    Last edited by Novice; April 19th, 2007 at 07:18 AM.

LILY ALLEN HAS scrapped the rest of her North American tour, saying she is 'too tired' to complete it.
    Good. Don't let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out!
    "You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

Thread Information