Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie to adopt for the fourth time, this time another girl for Zahara

Default Angelina Jolie to adopt for the fourth time, this time another girl for Zahara

Angelina Jolie is planning to adopt for the fourth time, it has been claimed.

The actress - who recently adopted Vietnamese son Pax Thien, and also has a Cambodian son Maddox and Ethiopian daughter Zahara - reportedly wants to adopt a girl from Chad to "balance the family".
    A source discussing Angelina's family - which also consists of Cambodian son Maddox, Ethiopian daughter Zahara and Angelina's natural daughter Shiloh with lover Brad Pitt - said: "Angelina and Brad want to make sure Zahara doesn't feel alienated as the only black face in their family.

"She feels the children need a balance of faces in their life."
    Angelina is said to have fallen in love with a one-year-old girl from Oure Cassoni and asked her lawyers to begin the adoption process.
    The source added to Britain's News of the World newspaper: "She is hoping to have her daughter home by the summer."
    Angelina, 31, recently hinted that she wanted to have a balanced family.

Angelina Jolie to adopt again

She's offically adoptholic.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I never would have believed she'd become the Mia Farrow of her generation. Let's home she doesn't end up like Mia.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Oh yeah, I guess the two-week moratorium has expired. Funny I didn't even miss these threads.

So I like Angie and all but now I'm starting to get the creepy "off" feeling that she's just collecting.

And the thought of taking care of 4 young kids, I don't care if you've got nannies, is frankly quite frightening to me personally. I'm sure those kids would break me so fast...I could never do it.

I think its a little weird that she needs to keep adopting more kids. And so soon. It'll be interesting to see how many they end up with.

All right, it's time for me to let go of any last traces of my good will towards her and admit she has officially lost the plot. And not in a fun, sex/tattoos/knives way like she used to either.

So where does that leave Shiloh? Two adopted boys, two adopted black girls, and her shoved off to the side because she isn't underpriviliged and 'special' ... doesn't sound very balanced to me.

if she has the patience and the money, why not?
    i could never do it but some people really love kids and are into the whole huge rainbow family thing... maybe she is a bit insane but hey, there are worse ways to channel your madness.
    people used to have tons of kids all the time. it's not uncommon for families in our grandparents' generation to have 6, 8, 12 kids and sometimes even more... today you can't do that for obvious financial reasons but these two are millionaires so if this is what they want to do with their lives, i don't see why it's that big an issue.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

you know, I couldn't do it, and I hope she isn't collecting "because I lover her and all...but hey, each of my grannies had 5 kids each, and my paternal granny's sons (5 SONS) are about a year and a half apart...I seriously dno't know how she did it and came to this country with such crazy boys, but she did it and loved them all....so hopefully if can be done.
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

You know I've always liked her but I have to admit I'm quite sure that she has some serious issues that she's under the impression that these children will repair.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

wow, that moratorium went by fast.

anyhoo.

i can appreciate angelina's noble adoption mentality...but enough already. raise the ones you have and raise them well. it scares me she's into "collecting" orphans.

I wonder if she feels she's "saving" them from whatever fate they would have if left unadopted. True, she's giving them an opportunity at a much better life untouched by poverty, sickness, etc. But if she really does it on the basis of "compulsion" to "save" these kids, well she's never going to be fulfilled because there's always gonna be more kids that need "saving." Kind of like how the crazy cat ladies end up with a billion cats--they just couldn't turn away from a kitty in need.

And if that's the case, those kids are going to eventually pick up on how she's more interested in being a "saviour" instead of devoting time to each individual kid. After 5 kids, how much time is she going to have to spend on each one?

Yeah, she can afford to give these children a nice home. She won't have enough time to devote to each of her children though. At that pace she will have 20 children in a couple of years.

I wonder if she's pregnant again--to help balance things out for Shiloh, since she's doing this for Z.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I agree that people had all sorts of kids in past generations (14 on my mom's side and 8 on my dad's side--family reunions are a blast) and I disagree that she won't have enough time for them. Today we seem to think that kids need every ounce of thier parent's sselves and folks, it just isn't true. When people go with that kind of thinking, helicopter mums start clogging up the skies.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

One of my best friends has 11 brothers and sisters, her mom and dad raised them just fine. It's hell on the grocery bill, but hey, if you can do it, why not?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information