Thread: Brian McFadden claims wedding was a sham.

Default Brian McFadden claims wedding was a sham.

McFadden claims Katona wedding 'was showbiz sham'

Last updated at 17:30pm on 26th March 2007 Comments (4)
    Before their mutual split: Brian McFadden and Kerry Katona

Kerry Katona's ex-husband Brian McFadden has claimed their wedding was a sham.
    The ex-Westlife star, 26, said the pair spent their first night as man and wife apart after their lavish 2002 reception in an Irish castle.
    He said Katona, also 26, wanted a divorce as much as he did when they split two years after their wedding ceremony, which had been snapped up by Hello! magazine.

He said of his big day with Katona, who also slept alone after tying the knot with second husband Mark Croft because of a blazing row: "It wasn't a real wedding. We were getting married to have a big party and get loads of money for it - and to appear showbiz.
    "The day my marriage ended was on the stag night (when he cheated on Katona with a lap dancer). That was the time I felt 'this is not supposed to be'."
    McFadden, now with Australian star Delta Goodrem, 22, told Reveal magazine: "At first, I denied the lapdancer thing, but then I was taken to court for calling her a liar.
    "Me and Kerry didn't even see each other on our wedding night.
    "If we hadn't had kids, the marriage wouldn't have lasted as long as it did.
    "I was too young to understand what having kids meant. Having a child was like getting a dog."
    McFadden said the split was a mutual decision, telling the magazine: "Kerry had taken the kids and was living with her mum. I was in New York and she phoned me and asked 'Don't you love me any more?'
    "I said: 'Not like I did at the start.' She said: 'Neither do I. We have to end it.'
    "I left it at that, then got another call saying 'I'm having a press conference to say we're separating. I want to move on with my life.'
    "I felt relieved, although I felt sad for the children.
    "After the press conference she phoned again and said 'I'm having nothing to do with this, you're the one leaving me. I don't want to break up.'
    "I said 'Are we getting back together?' And she said 'No.'
    "Then it spiralled out of control. All of a sudden it was: 'He didn't love me any more, and wants to break up.'
    "I don't talk to her now. But if I had to, I'd only do it for the sake of the kids."
    The father of Katona's two eldest daughters Molly, five, and Lily Sue, four, said: "My private life became as artificial as my pop life in Westlife, but I couldn't see it at the time.
    "We became a showbiz couple, and everyone was talking about us. That swept me off my feet.
    "After we had the first baby, bought a house and spent time together, I woke up one morning and realised 'this is not what I want to do with my life. We don't have anything in common'."
    I'm a Celebrity... star Katona said McFadden dumped her by telephone.
    She tied the knot with new husband Croft, 35, at a low-key ceremony in Gretna Green on Valentine's Day.
    Heidi Elizabeth, their first baby together, was born by Caesarean section last month.
    Katona recently said: "I want it to work so badly and I don't want it to end. I hope to God this lasts, another divorce would kill me."

McFadden claims Katona wedding 'was showbiz sham' | the Daily Mail

What he has to gain from this after all this time (except that his daughter will hate him even more after reading this....) is beyond me. Maybe because his star is only now known as Delta Goodrums bit of fluff...

(Why have the kids, & if he doesn't speak to Kerry does that mean he doesn't see his kids? Scumbag! "I don't talk to her now. But if I had to, I'd only do it for the sake of the kids." )

And anyone posting "who?" just makes my point!

Elite Member

Sad for the kids to find out this is how their dad feels about their mother. But Kerry has said a lot in the papers as well so they are as bad as each other. IMO

I like him with Delta anyway.

I like brian more than kerry but saying " Having a child was like getting a dog" is just wrong on so many levels.

Elite Member

What Delta would find remotely attractive about this ass is beyond me. A lot of what he's saying now is BS. He was totally head over heels in love with Kerry at one point - saying to the Press that he couldn't imagine his life without her. Maybe he should consider acting instead of singing because he damn well had me convinced he was legitmately smitten with her. He went on and on in an interview about how he couldn't wait to have kids with her...yada, yada, yada....He's simply doing damage control now. He's a smuck.

It always impresses me how these young, spoiled celebrity 'kids' view marriage. What do they really think it's like? Playing house?

Who and WHO?

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And anyone posting "who?" just makes my point!
    Consider your point proven. I have no idea who any of these douches are.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have no idea who this is, except I've read her name here and there on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    What Delta would find remotely attractive about this ass is beyond me. A lot of what he's saying now is BS. He was totally head over heels in love with Kerry at one point - saying to the Press that he couldn't imagine his life without her. Maybe he should consider acting instead of singing because he damn well had me convinced he was legitmately smitten with her. He went on and on in an interview about how he couldn't wait to have kids with her...yada, yada, yada....He's simply doing damage control now. He's a smuck.

It always impresses me how these young, spoiled celebrity 'kids' view marriage. What do they really think it's like? Playing house?
    I think that his comments are particularly harsh as Kerry grew up in care, so might not really have had a view of what marriage was "supposed" to be like... I just didn't see why he thought it was a good idea to say it all now - unless of course he's going to marry Delta? (& isn't that like calling your kid Estuary? Isn't Delta a georgaphical feature?)

Sorry I've answered my own question:
    "Kerry made some cash from the sale of their matrimonial home in Dublin but she got that money after the split three years ago. It's safe to say that Brian is the most relieved in this settlement."
    McFadden, 26, has said: "I couldn't be more relieved that the divorce is finally through. It was a weight on my shoulders but now it's over. I'm looking to the future with Delta now."
    "The Aussie singer is sporting a huge rock on her left hand, but McFadden insists: "We're not engaged.""
    Kerry gets just £70k in divorce from Brian | Showbiz | This is London

I reckon he's going for an annulment by the catholic church so that he can marry Delta in a church.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I think that his comments are particularly harsh as Kerry grew up in care, so might not really have had a view of what marriage was "supposed" to be like... I just didn't see why he thought it was a good idea to say it all now - unless of course he's going to marry Delta? (& isn't that like calling your kid Estuary? Isn't Delta a georgaphical feature?)

Sorry I've answered my own question:
    "Kerry made some cash from the sale of their matrimonial home in Dublin but she got that money after the split three years ago. It's safe to say that Brian is the most relieved in this settlement."
    McFadden, 26, has said: "I couldn't be more relieved that the divorce is finally through. It was a weight on my shoulders but now it's over. I'm looking to the future with Delta now."
    "The Aussie singer is sporting a huge rock on her left hand, but McFadden insists: "We're not engaged.""
    Kerry gets just £70k in divorce from Brian | Showbiz | This is London

I reckon he's going for an annulment by the catholic church so that he can marry Delta in a church.
    I think you're dead on - an annulment (and another marriage) are on their way shortly.

Yeah that's right tell the truth only when your ass is dragged into court!

Thread Information