Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: `Survivor' Richard Hatch on prison: `horrendous'

Default `Survivor' Richard Hatch on prison: `horrendous'

Richard Hatch, who won $1 million on "Survivor," says being in prison for failing to pay taxes on his reality TV prize and other income is no day at the beach.

Hatch, who became known as the "naked fat guy" for refusing to wear clothes for much of the CBS show, was convicted last year. He was sentenced to 51 months in prison, and is at the Federal Correctional Institution in Morgantown, W.Va., a minimum security facility.

"Obviously, this is better than the county lockup," Hatch tells People magazine in its March 26 issue. "There's no fence here. But people think I've come to a country club. It's not. This is prison. Just because it's got a beautiful view of the countryside doesn't make it a resort. And it's horrendous because I'm an innocent man in jail."

Following his conviction, Hatch says he spent "six horrendous months" at the Plymouth County Correctional Facility in Plymouth, Mass.

"We were all in a small room — 52 people: child molesters, murderers, rapists and me," he recalls. "For six months I never left that room. There were no doors, no privacy. There were two TVs in that room, so I lived all day long with `Jerry Springer' blaring."

His lawyer, Michael Minns, has said Hatch deserves a new trial because a judge improperly kept him from testifying about claims of cheating on the show.

CBS, a division of CBS Corp., has said Hatch's claims have no merit.

"I don't apologize for anything," says Hatch, who said he is looking forward to returning to his home and family in Rhode Island. "I didn't do anything wrong."

Hatch says he is "working on a book that I should have no trouble getting published. It begins with my auditioning for `Survivor' and will end with my time in prison."

`Survivor' Hatch on prison: `horrendous' - Yahoo! News

He didn't do anything wrong? Well, obviously TAX EVASION is still illegal or else he wouldn't be in jail. Dumbass!

Hope he spends every moment of that 51 month sentence locked up. Didn't do anything wrong?? IS HE FUCKING INSANE?

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Hope he spends every moment of that 51 month sentence locked up. Didn't do anything wrong?? IS HE FUCKING INSANE?

Yes, he is fucking insane. I remember watching him on Survivor. Not only was he insane but he was a lying cheating asshole. Hope he got in da butt. He probably liked it though.

Listening to Jerry Springer blaring for six months straight would be worse than prison, IMO.

I don't apologize for anything," says Hatch, who said he is looking forward to returning to his home and family in Rhode Island. "I didn't do anything wrong."
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

yeah, I'm sure there are lots of murderers and rapists in a MINIMUM security prison. What a fucktard

The murderers and stuff were at the county lockup he was in before he went to the prison.
    51 months seems like a long time for a non violent crime. IMO.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Elite Member

Was he naked in prison?

Yes, yes, prison is not fun. It's kind of part of its whole point, and why people usually try to stay out of it. Dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

Hatch says he is "working on a book that I should have no trouble getting published. It begins with my auditioning for `Survivor' and will end with my time in prison."
    He still thinks a lot of himself, I see! I have to admit that I wouldn't mind reading this book of his that he'll have no trouble getting published.

ok, so I know to much about this but, prision isn't fun. Its not meant to be fun. Its for punishment.
    (and changes people's lives because of that)
    He should be greatful that there were no doors & no privacy as it probably stopped someone beating the shit out of him for being such an annoying turd - and how can someone that appears to have spent the whole of a tv show season be worried about privacy? They've all seen your little man tool!!! They all know how you're hung like a 5 year old boy!!! So don't be embarrased.

Also why would ....
    "His lawyer, Michael Minns, has said Hatch deserves a new trial because a judge improperly kept him from testifying about claims of cheating on the show."
    when he was being tried for tax fraud? Who does this bloke think he is? the New Al Capone?

..."We were all in a small room — 52 people: child molesters, murderers, rapists and me," he recalls. "... There were no doors, no privacy...

That brings back memories..

County lockups really really suck. Everything he said about that shit is true..but left out the racial strife, rampant drug use, etc. etc. He is probably right about it being better at the Fed place he is at now. Still he is a dumbass for getting in the situation in the first place. And he is obviously not learning squat from his mistakes.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    ok, so I know to much about this but, prision isn't fun. Its not meant to be fun. Its for punishment.
    (and changes people's lives because of that)
    He should be greatful that there were no doors & no privacy as it probably stopped someone beating the shit out of him for being such an annoying turd - and how can someone that appears to have spent the whole of a tv show season be worried about privacy? They've all seen your little man tool!!! They all know how you're hung like a 5 year old boy!!! So don't be embarrased.

Also why would ....
    "His lawyer, Michael Minns, has said Hatch deserves a new trial because a judge improperly kept him from testifying about claims of cheating on the show."
    when he was being tried for tax fraud? Who does this bloke think he is? the New Al Capone?
    He was thrown together in one room with all of them. With me is was a 20 by 30 room with 26 in there..all but me and one other person were there for felonies. They kept asking "Why did they put you in here with us?" and I kept asking myself that same question.. They keep the lights on 24/7 cause as soon as they turned them out assaults would have started. No windows, no daylight, 2 electronic doors through which they would open holes and pass meals..one toilet, unobstructed sitting on it's own in the open...no toilet paper...people doing drugs(where did they get them?) right in front of you...*shudder*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

This is wrong

Being guilty for (our) opinions of what he did nastily in a reality show that prides its self on who deceives wins. Lying on your taxes is a national pastime , or should I say oh no - you cant do that cause you nuded up you fat bastard.

Jail, is -Im sure one of the most uneduring shit you want to go through. If you dont believe thats true, go shove a gun at a 7/11 employee, while youre at it , tap the cop on his pinky finger (resist arrest), or dont.

Tax evasion.....hmmmmm. Richard Hach is not Al fucking Capone here. If you idiots want to make an example, try looking at a list of campaign contributers.

Or am I being to broad in my vitriol.

Fuck you all. RH is an arrogant tool, but jail - 1 man no matter how elusive with his money needs to repay -

1. the people he ripped off
    2. The government
    3. The viewer for having wasted our time
    4. The executive that said "we need more of this - the public love it", and lost his job to someone who is more photogenic
    5. The idiot that typed this sentance....sorry but I dont care....this is reserved for people that should be caged like an animal, and forced to survive using only their wits an guile, not a fucking Survivor.

Seriously though, does the US judiciary have things backed up, or ....hang on...you do....youre kidding....why is that?

lying on your taxes is a national pastime? i guess i'm in the minority then, i try to live an honest life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information