Thread: "Prison Break" actor Lane Garrison charged with manslaughter and felony DUI

Default "Prison Break" actor Lane Garrison charged with manslaughter and felony DUI

`Prison Break' actor charged in crash

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Lane Garrison was charged Thursday with manslaughter and drunken driving in a car crash that killed a 17-year-old boy last year.

The 26-year-old "Prison Break" actor was charged with felony vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, felony driving under the influence causing injury to multiple victims, felony driving with a blood-alcohol level above the .08 percent legal limit causing injury, and a misdemeanor count of furnishing alcohol to a minor.

If convicted, Garrison could face up to six years and eight months in prison.

He was expected to surrender Thursday afternoon for arraignment at Beverly Hills Superior Court. Prosecutors will recommend that Garrison be held on $200,000 bail, said Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County district attorney's office.

Garrison, a Dallas native, was behind the wheel of a Land Rover that jumped a curb and struck a tree Dec. 2. The crash killed Beverly Hills High School student Vahaghn Setian and injured two 15-year-old girls who were also in the vehicle.

Police said Garrison was found to have a blood-alcohol level of .20 percent and cocaine in his system.

The charges only indicate that his blood-alcohol level was above .15 percent.

His attorney, Harland Braun, didn't immediately return a call for comment. Braun previously has said that Garrison met the three youths at a grocery store and accompanied them to a party, where he had one drink.

Garrison played David "Tweener" Apolskis on the Fox drama series "Prison Break."
    `Prison Break' actor charged in crash - Yahoo! News
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I wonder what Papa Joe Simpson will say about this and if he will stand by Lane. He helped raise Lane and he evern lived with the Simpson's for a bit.

Nothing a little probation, rehab, and community service wont' fix.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Nothing a little probation, rehab, and community service wont' fix.
    You think he will only get probation? That would be such an injustice. He didn't even know those kids. He met them in some grocery store and got drunk with them. I hope his career is over. What a stupid, stupid man.

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    You think he will only get probation? That would be such an injustice. He didn't even know those kids. He met them in some grocery store and got drunk with them. I hope his career is over. What a stupid, stupid man.
    Most of us here on gossiprocks know what time it is. There are two scales of justice, one for celebuturds and famous people, the other for average folk like us.

I highly doubt this will do any damage to his career. By the end of this year, after he is done filming Prison Break the movie it will all be gone and forgotten. I am just waiting for his appearance on Oprah and cover story on people magazine talking about his "pain" and "suffering" for the victims with the usual by the numbers "can never bring back the victims of his stupidity" schtick.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Why do I feel that if he were an A-lister rather than a non-household name the charges would have been even less than that?

No more of an injustice than serving 6 years for taking a life. He chose to drive under the influence of drugs and alcohol-it just doesn't seem IMO that 6 years is quite enough punishment.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Silver Member

I hope that he goes to jail for a very long time. He has killed someone and he should pay for his crime

What an idiot. He should rot in jail. Of course he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Most of us here on gossiprocks know what time it is. There are two scales of justice, one for celebuturds and famous people, the other for average folk like us.

I highly doubt this will do any damage to his career. By the end of this year, after he is done filming Prison Break the movie it will all be gone and forgotten. I am just waiting for his appearance on Oprah and cover story on people magazine talking about his "pain" and "suffering" for the victims with the usual by the numbers "can never bring back the victims of his stupidity" schtick.
    I'm very familiar with celebrity justice, but he killed someone while driving drunk. I would think MADD would be up in arms if he only got probation. It's appalling that Rebecca Gayheart got probation. But she wasn't drunk driving. I think that may make a difference. I think it will affect his career as well. It affected hers.

celebrities never learn.......they just never learn. they get away with murder (literally)!!

I think that may make a difference. I think it will affect his career as well. It affected hers.
    I figure you can probably stick a fork in his career for the foreseeable future.

Any and everyone is free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Lane Garrison has anything like the kind of popularity or name recognition Rebecca Gayheart had, and I wouldn't even say she was a household name.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Thread Information