Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mariah Carey's "handicapped" upbringing

Default Mariah Carey's "handicapped" upbringing

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomfr...F1%2F6582.html

Mariah Carey says her tough upbringing was a "handicap".

The singer claims she struggled to become a singer because she was raised in a poor one-parent family.

Mariah revealed in an interview with Britain's Hello magazine: "I feel like I came from a handicapped place. To have grown up in a single parent home, to be bi-racial, to not have any money, to have to fight to succeed. "No-one but my mom believed in me. First, you have to have faith and then you have to act. And that is what I have always done."

The 36-year-old star, who is one of the most successful female solo artists in the world, says her difficult upbringing made her even more determined to succeed.

She explained: "I suppose that to succeed, first you have to have lost something, which shows you how to be thankful for everything - for the good moments and the bad. That's what I have learned."

I really dislike this woman

wait up Mariah - give me a chance to find a violin and i'll accompany you with some miserable music.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Ok ok fair enough, you came from nothing, good on you. These are the kind of success stories that impress me, but shut up already. Why is she talking so much lately?

Prolly because she was named one of the worst singers ever. She struggled, she came from a handicapped family, she tried. Whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    Ok ok fair enough, you came from nothing, good on you. These are the kind of success stories that impress me, but shut up already. Why is she talking so much lately?

New album due out?

(actually this is pretty insulting to her Mom who worked 3 jobs & was her vocal coach.... Maybe she'll bitch slap her?)

At least she had a mom that believed in her!

Didn't Tommy take her under his wing when she was quite young? I really can't see her out there pounding the streets, getting rejected and paying her dues. She's had it made since the get go.
    This is just her attempt to have fans identify with her. Her hard life on the streets crap.

she's not 36, she's turning 38 this month.

Mariah Carey is a lot of things, but a bad singer isn't one of them. The only handicap I get out of this article, is Mariah.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    she's not 36, she's turning 38 this month.
    That's interesting. I WONDERED if she wasn't knocking off a few years. I was so sure she was same age as me and then suddenly, she's younger!

Thats an insult to truly handicapped people. She doesnt know the meaning of the word. So a father would have made it better? Bringing home the residue of his pay and bashing the mother. Bi-racial. What does she think she is? Most people are are of many different backgrounds. Is she off her head or something? So crazy. So" poor little me". No sympathy from me you attention seeking dingbat.

Some of the things comming out from this moran's mouth is so prathetic! Is this women normal? she should be listed and pictured in the world's dumbest 'quoters'

She can sing, unlike a lot of the other women out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Didn't Tommy take her under his wing when she was quite young? I really can't see her out there pounding the streets, getting rejected and paying her dues. She's had it made since the get go.
    This is just her attempt to have fans identify with her. Her hard life on the streets crap.
    I'm not expert on this strange woman, but from Wiki ( Mariah Carey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which can be incorrect) He was passed a demo tape (for Mariah) from a woman that she sung backing for & at 18 she was in with him..... not bad eh?

I dunno if she's doing this to make herself sound "more interesting" but I've actually heard her say this on a talkshow (I couldn't find the remote fast enough to turn the tv over!). Ha ha maybe she's a little bit Britney?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information