Thread: Is it all getting too much for Sir Mick Jagger?

Default Is it all getting too much for Sir Mick Jagger?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

In his younger days, he could happily raise hell for weeks on end without showing a hint of flagging.

But in his 64th year, Sir Mick Jagger is finding that even the fittest and most energetic veteran rock and roller must learn to accept his limitations.

Hitting the town with his 35-year-old daughter Jade, he caused excitement by turning up the Cuckoo Club nightspot in London in the early hours.

Mick Jagger with daughter Jade: Is old age finally catching up with the wrinkled rocker?

A mere 20 minutes later, however, the Strolling Bone was heading for the exit looking very much ready to be tucked up in bed with a cup of cocoa.

"Father and daughter arrived just after 1am but he had left by 1.30am looking not best pleased," said one clubber.

"He clearly wanted to slip away and was looking quite haggard."

The icon of 1960s rebellious youth is now much more content to model for the likes of Saga magazine, whose readers have all completed their half-century.

And with their hero becoming due for his old-age pension in July next year, the fans are an altogether more sedate bunch these days.

When the Stones played Twickenham last year organisers initially planned to offer discount tickets through Saga but cancelled the scheme amid fears that the venue would be swamped with pensioners.

Despite their efforts the stadium was filled not with young fans but a much more mature crowd forming orderly queues.

There was little chance of the band crowd-surfing either - Sir Mick was recovering from a bout of ill health and Keith Richards was nursing a head injury incurred when he tried to climb a tree and fell off it.

The image of old Keith falling out of a tree is just too funny for words!

I know! What's he like??!

My response has nothing to do with the fact he's aging and can't party like he used to...but I do have a bit of gossip if you will. As many of you know, Jerri Hall, his ex, is a Texas girl. They purchased some land next to my family's (Dad is an original 'authentic' cowboy...cattle ranch and all ). Anywho, one day Dad was out checking cattle and such and Mick and his kiddos (his with Jerri and probably grade school age at the time) were there. Dad stopped to tell them to be sure to close the gate behind them so as not to let the cattle out. They chatted for a while and at some point Mick asked Dad....'How do you tell the difference between a bull and a cow?" You should have heard my Dad telling this story later. It was hilarious. Dad is a man of few words but Texas friendly. He is not one to be impressed with the star factor but sure had plenty to say about his appearance (not to his face of course). Tiny little man with his pants tucked into his boots...yah yah yah. My thoughts as he was telling the story was I wished I had been a fly on the blade of the grass because in my wildest imagination I could not figure out how they could understand one another to even have a discussion. Mick with his proper English and my Dad's Texas twang. I often wonder if either of them knew what the other was saying. Thought some of you might get a kick out of hearing about the real word of stars. That was the first of many encounters with him and as far a I know they developed a type of friendship beginning with that one question....'How do you tell the difference between a bull and a cow?' LOL

PLAYFULKISSES:

That's hilarious!!! I thought Mick was enough of a man o' the world to work THAT one out, LOL!

Great story - thanks for sharing......

He's partied enough in his life to last a life time.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    The image of old Keith falling out of a tree is just too funny for words!
    LOL That's amusing

Damn, Jade is 35!
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

The Stones were just here this summer. My friend who went said Mic was like a firecracker full of energy. His father had just died days before too. Maybe this nightclub was as lame as this article.

Elite Member

He is still out at 1am in the morning and going to clubs. I doubt there would be a lot of other 64 years doing that.

What would you do in a club at 64? Check the bitches? Score? Find out where the parties are? Try to stay awake.............

Is he still engaged?

Well when he played here in Boston last year he shut down a club and partied until 3am, only letting in pretty girls! Mick still rocks
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoog View Post
    Is he still engaged?
    Is he still awake? Get to bed grandpa.

The man slept with all of the world's gorgeous women. Cut the poor guy a break.....he needs his rest as he gets older and they get younger......

Don't be hating on my hero, ladies......

Thread Information