Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Chesney talks about his brief marriage to Renee Zellweger and the gay rumors

Default Kenny Chesney talks about his brief marriage to Renee Zellweger and the gay rumors

Feb, 15, 2007

Kenny Chesney: I'm Not Gay

Talks About His Brief Marriage To Renee Zellweger, And The Rumors That Followed

CBS) In his first comments about his annulment from Renee Zellweger, Kenny Chesney explains why the word "fraud" was checked on the separation document and denies the gay rumors it fueled.

The music star talks to CNN's Anderson Cooper in a report for 60 Minutes this Sunday, Feb. 18, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Chesney and Zellweger married just four months after they met in January 2005 and split four months later.

"The only fraud that was committed was me thinking that I knew what it was like ... that I really understood what it was like to be married, and I really didn't," Chesney tells Cooper. "We thought the least harmful (stated reason) was fraud because it (is) kind of broad … doesn't specify. And boy … we were wrong."

They were wrong because the word "fraud" fueled rumors that Chesney was gay, especially because it was Zellweger who checked it and she also asked for an annulment rather than a divorce.

"It's not true. Period. Maybe I should have come out and said no, I'm not (gay), but I didn't want to draw any more attention to it … I didn't have to prove to anybody that I wasn't (gay) … I didn't feel like I really did," says Chesney.

Despite the rumors, he has no regrets, he says.

"Not at all. Not one bit," he tells Cooper. "Even though I'd sit here and say I wish we'd gotten divorced instead of all that annulment stuff and saved me a lot of public humiliation … I still don't have any regrets. I loved her, you know? And it was real."

In the profile, Chesney also discusses his music, his small-town upbringing and the secret way the performer is delivered to the stage for his concerts.

Source: Kenny Chesney: I'm Not Gay, Talks About His Brief Marriage To Renee Zellweger, And The Rumors That Followed - CBS News
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

WHAT? Fraud was cited because he didn't know what it was like to be married?? NO ONE DOES if you've never been married before you jackass.

Totally gay.

I read that the definition of Fraud for an anulment was that a subject had been substancially mis-represented prior to the marriage, the example given was that one of the couple stated they wanted children but atfer the marriage didn't. This was from the court site for LA too.... so..... what did he mis-represent??
    Hum??? Enquiring minds what to know!

"
    An annulment (or "nullity of marriage" or "nullity of domestic partnership") is when a court says your marriage or domestic partnership is NOT legally valid. A marriage or domestic partnership that is incestuous or bigamous is never valid. Other marriages and partnerships can be declared "void" because:
    • of force, fraud, or physical or mental incapacity;
    • one of the spouses or partners was too young to legally marry or enter into a domestic partnership; or
    • one of the spouses or partners was already married or in a registered domestic partnership.
    Annulments are very rare. If you ask to have your marriage or domestic partnership annulled, you will have to go to hearing with a judge."

Didn't Renee allude that he was gay?

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    By going for an annulment with the reason fraud, I think she more screamed it from the rooftops. but that's just my opinion.....

... she also asked for an annulment rather than a divorce.

An annulment will also be granted if the marriage is never consumated. Tell us Kenny, did you ever dick your bride?

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Yeah, she made an insinuation about his friendship with Peyton Manning, though she denies it now. He's totally eating salami.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I remember tons of rumors (and weird photos) of him with Peyton but I don't ever remember her commenting on it. What did I miss?

I think she may have went into this with the idea of a stay at home cook dinner and watch movies kind of marriage, and he wasn't for that. Why they didn't discuss things such as that before the marriage, who knows...she had to know that he is on the road a lot, and he apparently had no intention of slowing down.
    I honestly could care less if he is gay or not. I like his music, and I think he seems like a genuine person...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    I honestly could care less if he is gay or not. I like his music, and I think he seems like a genuine person...
    My cousin is a big fan, she got to meet him and said he was super nice and down-to-earth. She said he is amazing in concert!

Don't know what to think about him and Renee. They both seem like nice people, guess it just didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    My cousin is a big fan, she got to meet him and said he was super nice and down-to-earth. She said he is amazing in concert!

Don't know what to think about him and Renee. They both seem like nice people, guess it just didn't work out.
    Boooorriiing.... he IS gay, and she is a lemon sucker. Well Jim Carrey said she LOOKS like she sucked a lemon. Pink muscle shirt and a cowboy hat do not scream masculine heterosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Boooorriiing.... he IS gay, and she is a lemon sucker. Well Jim Carrey said she LOOKS like she sucked a lemon. Pink muscle shirt and a cowboy hat do not scream masculine heterosexual.
    Yeah Renee does have that sourpus look, but I've read a lot of nice things about her. I think she's quite talented.

About Kenny, I don't see how him being gay or not has any bearing on his character. I will say this, if he is gay I can see why he's keeping it a secret-- much of his fan base would probably not have a very positive reaction to it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Pink muscle shirt and a cowboy hat do not scream masculine heterosexual.
    Or a man who is very secure in their (hetro-)sexuality......

I'm not gay, either.

Seriously, Kenny isn't gay. He is heterosexual male who enjoys taking the occassional dick up his ass. ALL straight men do this. They like to suck dick now and then, too.

Maybe she wanted out because she seen him without his hat on lmao. I would marry him if he would keep his hat on at all times. I went to one of his concerts and I loved it I love his music also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information