Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Hardaway: I hate gay people

Thumbs down Tim Hardaway: I hate gay people

Ex-Heat guard says he hates 'gay people'
    Thu Feb 15, 5:57 AM ET

MIAMI - Retired Miami Heat guard Tim Hardaway said Wednesday that he hates gay people, but later said he regretted the remarks.

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people," he said while a guest on Sports Talk 790 The Ticket. "I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

The discussion was sparked by last week's announcement that retired NBA center John Amaechi is gay.

The host asked Hardaway how he would interact with a gay teammate.

"First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room."

If he did find out that a teammate was gay, Hardaway said he would ask for the player to be removed from the team.

"Something has to give," Hardaway said. "If you have 12 other ballplayers in your locker room that's upset and can't concentrate and always worried about him in the locker room or on the court or whatever, it's going to be hard for your teammates to win and accept him as a teammate."

Amaechi also detailed his life, in his autobiography "Man in the Middle," which was released Wednesday. He hoped his coming out would be a catalyst for intelligent discourse.

"I'm actually tempted to laugh," Amaechi told The Miami Herald. "Finally, someone who is honest. It is ridiculous, absurd, petty, bigoted and shows a lack of empathy that is gargantuan and unfathomable. But it is honest. And it illustrates the problem better than any of the fuzzy language other people have used so far."

Hardaway later apologized for the remarks during a telephone interview with Fox affiliate WSVN in Miami.

"Yes, I regret it. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said I hate gay people or anything like that," he said. "That was my mistake."

Hardaway has reportedly been removed from further league-related appearances.

"It is inappropriate for him to be representing us given the disparity between his views and ours," NBA commissioner David Stern said in a statement to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070215/...away_remarks_1

Ignorant bastard.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

uh oh, I see Grimmm.. what will he say about THIS??
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

oH YEAH, yer real sorry now that your parent company stepped on you for your remarks.. but they were honest, weren't they? That's why it's so sad.

This guy is so worried a gay teammate is going what.. run up and grope him? rape him? stare at his junk?

My my someone is paranoid and insecure about their own sexuality. What's the matter, lil Tim Jr. not working like he should? Maybe you're feeling guilty yer on the DL? Can't reconcile the shame?

Poor tortured thing, fuck off and die.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Eh, he didn't really retract his comment, he simply said he shouldn't say it. He's obviously a complete moron but none of it is surprising. He's just lucky he didn't play basketball on a woman's team. (yes, yes, I know that's the stereotype but it's one that very much holds up around here.)

I do find it funny that his book shares a name with a Michael Jackson song.

Maybe Isaiah Washington can recommend a suitable rehab, *ahem* treatment facility for this guy. Jackass.

I'm sure gay people don't think much of this guy either.

Hit By Ban Bus!

wow...that's pretty harsh to say you hate someone. I understand about being homophobic, there's nothing wrong with that, but coming out and saying you hate someone, it's pretty sad.

Angry 'I hate gay people,' says Tim Hardaway

'I hate gay people,' says Tim Hardaway
    'I’m homophobic,' says former All-Star a week after Amaechi's revelation
    NBC VIDEO

Updated: 41 minutes ago
    MIAMI - Retired Miami Heat guard Tim Hardaway said Wednesday that he hates gay people, but later said he regretted the remarks.

“You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don’t like gay people and I don’t like to be around gay people,” he said while a guest on Sports Talk 790 The Ticket. “I’m homophobic. I don’t like it. It shouldn’t be in the world or in the United States.”

The discussion was sparked by last week’s announcement that retired NBA center John Amaechi is gay.

The host asked Hardaway how he would interact with a gay teammate.

“First of all, I wouldn’t want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don’t think that is right. I don’t think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room.”

If he did find out that a teammate was gay, Hardaway said he would ask for the player to be removed from the team.

“Something has to give,” Hardaway said. “If you have 12 other ballplayers in your locker room that’s upset and can’t concentrate and always worried about him in the locker room or on the court or whatever, it’s going to be hard for your teammates to win and accept him as a teammate.”

Amaechi also detailed his life, in his autobiography “Man in the Middle,” which was released Wednesday. He hoped his coming out would be a catalyst for intelligent discourse.

“I’m actually tempted to laugh,” Amaechi told The Miami Herald. “Finally, someone who is honest. It is ridiculous, absurd, petty, bigoted and shows a lack of empathy that is gargantuan and unfathomable. But it is honest. And it illustrates the problem better than any of the fuzzy language other people have used so far.”

Hardaway later apologized for the remarks during a telephone interview with Fox affiliate WSVN in Miami.

“Yes, I regret it. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said I hate gay people or anything like that,” he said. “That was my mistake.”

Hardaway has reportedly been removed from further league-related appearances.

“It is inappropriate for him to be representing us given the disparity between his views and ours,” NBA commissioner David Stern said in a statement to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

'I hate gay people,' says Tim Hardaway - NBA - MSNBC.com

here in his own words:MSNBC Video
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a fucking prick. He apologizes for saying it, but does not say he did not mean it. He is just sorry he vocalized his sickening hatreds. Fuck you, Tim Hardaway. You sick fucking closet case.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Oops..I saw this on MSNBC sports so I also posted this story(with an audio link to the vidieo in the sports section(which is where it really should go, no?)

Quote Originally Posted by curlysem View Post
    wow...that's pretty harsh to say you hate someone. I understand about being homophobic, there's nothing wrong with that, but coming out and saying you hate someone, it's pretty sad.
    That is just like saying, "I understand about racism, there's nothing wrong with that.". Most gay black people I have known have considered 'faggot' and 'nigger' to be on about the same evil level.

That is crazy. You would think he would know by now that a public figure cannot talk like that too.

I think a lot of men in society are still homophobic and always will. I don't think society or political correctness will ever hit some of those beasts.

My friend used to get picked on by a guy like this in high school. Then he ran into him ten years later in a gay bar.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Tim's pee brain can't comprehend a gay guy in a demanding sport such as basketball. It shows him that gay people are just as capable as straight people in sports and atheltics.

Insecure, ignorant and fucking dumb. That's Tim Hardaway for ya.

Oh yeah and I bet if Shaq was with HEat when Tim was, then he would've watched his words:
    Shaq Helps Stop Gay-Basher
    Miami Heat basketball star Shaquille O'Neal is one of the many celebrities now standing up against gay-bashing and homophobia. He witnessed a gay-bashing incident while driving in Miami. Instead of turning a blind eye to the homophobic slurs, the 7-foot-1 giant chased down the assailant and flagged an officer. The 18 year old was later arrested on charges of aggravated assault and assault with a deadly weapon for throwing a bottle at a gay couple. The victims were not seriously injured.
    Shaq Helps Stop Gay-Basher
    Last edited by Mr. Authority; February 15th, 2007 at 11:22 AM.

^^

And naturally that guy was just there 'for the music'.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    My friend used to get picked on by a guy like this in high school. Then he ran into him ten years later in a gay bar.
    and?...*wants lurid details*

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information