Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicolas Cage wanted to name his baby son Kyle, but decided Kal-El was more magical

MIWMIWMIWMIWMIWMIW

Default Nicolas Cage wanted to name his baby son Kyle, but decided Kal-El was more magical

NICOLAS CAGE wanted to name his new baby son KYLE, but chose the name KAL-EL after his wife ALICE decided they should select something more exotic. The couple decided the name, which is derived from the SUPERMAN comics, was a perfect fit for their new baby. He explains, "My wife wanted a unique name and originally I thought of the name Kyle and then she said, 'No, something more unusual and but beautiful.' "Then I remembered the old Superman comics and Kal-El was his original name on Krypton. So I wanted a name that stood for something good, was unique and American and that's all three. "I just thought it was a beautiful name and it had kind of a magical ring to it."

NICOLAS CAGE - CAGE WANTED TO NAME BABY KYLE

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
    "I just thought it was a beautiful name and it had kind of a magical ring to it."
    Yeah, whatever Asswipe. The kid is already going to be born with your genes, bug eyes and neck hair included, way to make his life even worse.
    Last edited by lurkur; February 13th, 2007 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Yeah, whatever Asswipe. The kid is already going to be born with your genes, bug eyes and neck hair included, way to make his life even worse.
    Aw, I know, but he can be a pretty good actor. He is eccentric. Supposedly he was such a huge Elvis fan that he married Lisa Marie so he could say he fucked Elvis' daughter. That didn't fare too well.

Ever since my old best friend from Vegas saw him rough up Patricia Arquette in an elevator, I haven't been able to look at him the same. And when I say rough up, that's putting it mildly--let me be blunt, he threw her into the elevator at the Mirage (this was right around the time it was still a newer hotel on the strip, so awhile ago anyways) and then tried to pin her against the wall.

Note: why haven't I posted this in the 'celeb encounters' thread? Duh...I have my slow moments!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Hit By Ban Bus!

That surely beats Apple. Whatever happened to real names on Hollyweird kids?

Liked him in Valley Girl, loved him in Raising Arizona, now I can't stand him.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    That surely beats Apple. Whatever happened to real names on Hollyweird kids?

I chalk that up to all the “Ashley” “Crystal” “Erica” & “Jessica”s of the world - who’s parents named them after celebrities or “Soap Opera” characters.

There is just something about being an “Ashley”, or any other variation of the same name (Ashlee, Ashleigh, Ashlei, etc.), and sitting in a classroom with at least two other “Ashley”s. You don’t feel special or unique, despite how interesting or special you may actually be. I think the celeb-tards think by naming their kids something outrageous or abnormal will solidify the fact that no matter what happens to them in life, they are SPECIAL.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

My mother thinks he is hot.

Sorry but that is an awful name.

maybe he should name the next child Zoltan. Do these people have any consideration of what it is like to grow up with a freaking stupid name??
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by prnjcq7 View Post
    Ever since my old best friend from Vegas saw him rough up Patricia Arquette in an elevator, I haven't been able to look at him the same. And when I say rough up, that's putting it mildly--let me be blunt, he threw her into the elevator at the Mirage (this was right around the time it was still a newer hotel on the strip, so awhile ago anyways) and then tried to pin her against the wall.

Note: why haven't I posted this in the 'celeb encounters' thread? Duh...I have my slow moments!
    Nice. What a dick. I can't believe PA put up with that shit for as long as she did. And that fact that he did it in public means he wasn't trying to hide it...

He should hang around with Moon-Unit.

I don't even know how to pronounce Kal-El. It is so awkward!

Hollywood children are speshul, of course. You can't give them common names like the working folk. Come on now.

He was awesome as Caster Troy.

Elite Member

He should of stuck with Kyle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information