Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kylie Minogue splits with Olivier Martinez

Elite Member

Default Kylie Minogue splits with Olivier Martinez

February 3, 2007 - 11:39AM

Happier times ... Kylie Minogue with Olivier Martinez.
    Photo: Reuters

Kylie Minogue has separated from her boyfriend, the French actor Olivier Martinez.
    "Olivier Martinez and Kylie Minogue have officially confirmed that they are no longer a couple," the pair said in a joint statement.
    "They have made it clear that the decision to go their separate ways was mutual and amicable.
    "The media's false accusations of disloyalty have saddened them both. The two remain very close friends."
    Britain's News of the World tabloid claimed last Sunday that the couple's four-year relationship was on the rocks and alleged Martinez, 41, had been unfaithful.
    Minogue, 38, was forced to cancel two upcoming concerts on the British leg of her Showgirl Homecoming tour last month due to a respiratory tract infection.
    The Australian pop princess, who is back on tour following treatment for breast cancer discovered in mid-2005, also had to pull out halfway through a performance in the north-west English city of Manchester due to the flu.
    Minogue spoke in glowing terms of Martinez's support for her after her diagnosis with cancer in May 2005 and how he helped her through the darkest days of her treatment.
    "Olli was there all the time, helping with the practical stuff and being protective," she told British Elle magazine last November.
    "I don't like to say too much in public about Olivier as he's a very private person, but I will say that he was incredible.
    "He didn't hesitate in cancelling work and putting projects on hold so he could be with me. He's the most honourable man I have ever met."
    Photographs taken by Martinez showing Minogue on the road to recovery after chemotherapy were published on her website.
    Kylie - The Exhibition is due to open at London's Victoria and Albert Museum on February 8 featuring costumes and memorabilia collected throughout her career.
    The Sydney Morning Herald: national, world, business, entertainment, sport and technology news from Australia's leading newspaper.

Good for her. Now he can go after whoever he wants.

Pretty picture though.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

I've always heard people call him Oliver, but I guess it's actually Olivier. Does he not pronounce it as O-liv-ee-ay?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

Well, relationships fizzle out. Too bad it didn't work out. Just because they didn't stay together doesn't mean Olivier's an asshole though. Kudos to him for standing by Kylie during her illness. From the statements she made about him, it seems as if he was definitely her rock during that difficult time. She seems to be forever grateful about that and it's nice that one day she can look back and have good memories of the guy.

Best wishes to them both.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Well, relationships fizzle out. Too bad it didn't work out. Just because they didn't stay together doesn't mean Olivier's an asshole though. Kudos to him for standing by Kylie during her illness. From the statements she made about him, it seems as if he was definitely her rock during that difficult time. She seems to be forever grateful about that and it's nice that one day she can look back and have good memories of the guy.

Best wishes to them both.
    Very thoughtful and well said.

Elite Member

well maybe he wanted out for a while and leaving her when she had cancer didn't exactly seem right or make for good PR. how do you know she was grateful when a couple months after she's well they broke up?

Men want laughter and fun and a flirty pretty girl,with glorious hair and a healthy body. They cant cope with sickness. But if they are sick, the world has to stop. If Kylie had died from her cancer (sob) you can bet this guy wouldnt let any grass grow under his feet.

Elite Member

That's unfair. I think it goes both ways. There are a lot of women who take off whenever illness strikes a man they love or God forbid, the guy starts having impotence problems! If a dude can't get it up forget it, a woman won't let him hear the end of it. Remember, more pressure is on the man to perform....much more. A woman can get away with just opening her legs. The man has to get that puppy erect.

And as far as not letting grass grow under his feet, damn right....Olivier wasn't obligated to mourn Kylie forever had she died. No one should be. Love whom you're with all your heart but if you love that precious person, by all means find love again if it comes your way.

If he cheats on her as much as the media says, she can do better.

beautiful couple.... LOVED him in "Unfaithful".... He is so hot.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

I had a feeling this statement was coming soon.

A*O

The relationship was wobbly before her cancer diagnosis and so he was more or less forced to stick around even if he/she wanted out. He would have been ripped to shreds for 'abandoning' her. Oh well, another showbiz relationship hits the rocks.

She does seem to have problems with men though. I wonder if she's the perfect perky pocket pop princess she'd have us believe, cancer or not. She's a massive gay icon and they are ALWAYS complete bitches.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I'd be happy to help him forget about her.
    That man is gorgeous!
    I've always known I was born to dominate your sex and avenge my own.

Ewww, I always thought he was fug!

Elite Member

awww, they were such a great couple. Not showy, not public. and he was so good to kylie all through her cancer treatment. I really thought they would make it.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information