Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mandy Moore says she struggled with depression

Default Mandy Moore says she struggled with depression

Just weeks after her ex-boyfriend, Zach Braff, admitted suffering from mild depression, Mandy Moore has revealed she also struggles with the blues.

"A few months ago I felt really low, really sad depressed for no reason," the singer and actress tells Jane magazine in its February issue. "I'm a very positive person, and I've always been glass-half-full. So it was like someone flipped a switch in me."

Moore, 22, and Braff, 31, split last year. Moore says the separation did not trigger her depression, but may have exacerbated it. "The breakup added to what I was going through, but it's not the complete reason," she says. "It definitely doesn't help if you're already in that place."

Moore does not speculate on what else might have caused her depression, but says it prompted some serious introspection.

"I've been going through this really crazy time in my life," she tells Jane. "I'm asking myself life-altering questions, like 'Who am I? Where do I fit in this world? What am I doing? What do I want to do? Am I living to my full potential?' "

Professionally, Moore has been working on new songs spending lots of time at the remote Allaire Studios in Woodstock, N.Y., which has suited her ruminative mood. "Writing has been really therapeutic," she says. "These little nuggets that have come up over the past eight months have made me look at things in a different way."
    But one thing that doesn't appear to have changed is her outlook on relationships. Moore, who enjoyed lengthy romances with actor Wilmer Valderrama and tennis player Andy Roddick before Braff, says she is still uncomfortable with the whole dating scene though she has been recently linked to Adam "DJ A.M." Goldstein.

"I've tried dating a bit, and I don't like it," she says. "I know I should be putting myself out there. But I don't really think it's for me. That's not to say I'm ready to jump back into a relationship anytime soon. I'm definitely not looking. But it'd be fun to have a crush."

http://www.people.com/people/article...009294,00.html

I like Mandy Moore. She seems down-to-earth and normal.
    I hope everything works out for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    "I've been going through this really crazy time in my life," she tells Jane. "I'm asking myself life-altering questions, like 'Who am I? Where do I fit in this world? What am I doing? What do I want to do? Am I living to my full potential?' "
    I think we all get to a point in our lives where we go through this, and ask ourselves these same questions.
    Never trust a big butt and a smile...

Oh just wait until you get into your 30's, Mandy.....

Depression is no fun ... been there, done that.

Oh please, she isn't depressed. She's in her early 20's and asking the same questions everyone does.

So you can't be Chipper McFuckSmile every day. Gonna medicate that too?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Depression is a bitch,trust me,and it hits hard.......

When poor Mandy can't muster the energy to crawl out of bed, or starts cutting herself then I'll think she's depressed. Too many people toss that word around at every opportunity.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I am sure you never had it.Good for you.

Yes, depression is awful.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Brit said she was depressed after she split from Kfed and had to resort to taking anti-depressant (prolly just snorting lines with Paris). I think some starlets confuse being broken hearted with clinical depression or could just be attention seeking.
    This doesn't mean that everyone who's ever suffered depression was faking it, celebs are a whole different breed of people...just saying.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

No, I have. I know what it's like. Sitting around, feeling sad, and asking yourself "why am I here?" is not fucking depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    When poor Mandy can't muster the energy to crawl out of bed, or starts cutting herself then I'll think she's depressed. Too many people toss that word around at every opportunity.
    I'm with you on this one Grimm - too many people say they are depressed because they are feeling tired or life is not as exciting as they would like at that point. There are so many commercials on TV about meds for depression and people self diagnose themselves for minor things. Depression is serious and sucks for people who do suffer. A case of melancholy being called depression takes away from those who actually suffer. Now that being said, I do not know Mandy and have no idea if she is talking out her ass or if she was actually clinically depressed....... I do know that regardless of what shit Tommy boy spouts - meds do help people - not just vitamins!

I am no expert,but its not the same for everyone,ok,we cant compare starlets or show people reasons for depression with a single mother,s or poor and old ,ones.
    The reasons might be different,and of cource it is easier for us to empathize with our own problems.
    That doesnt mean celebrities dont suffer,though.
    It is hard for us to give them a break,just beacuse they have money or fame or youth.
    Perconally i felt more depressed when i my pocket was well lined..

Don't you hate those depression ads that say "if you have been feeling down for at least 2 weeks, you may need this medication". TWO WEEKS?? Oh come on, that's the blues baby. When you can't function, can't stop from crying, want to die, see no way out for months at a time and finally realize you need help...that's clinical depression. It is a HORRIBLE thing to have and I will fight it my entire life. But what other choice do you have? If Mandy really is clinically depressed, I hope she works through it.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Brit said she was depressed after she split from Kfed and had to resort to taking anti-depressant (prolly just snorting lines with Paris). I think some starlets confuse being broken hearted with clinical depression or could just be attention seeking.
    This doesn't mean that everyone who's ever suffered depression was faking it, celebs are a whole different breed of people...just saying.
    Exactly, remember these celebutards always want us "normal folk" to feel sorry for them because goshdarnit they have the same problems we do.

I know what depression is like, I suffered from it horribly back in the mid 90's. It's wretched, you just sit there and feel horrid and have such dark thoughts it's terrible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information