Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie says president George W. Bush turned the world against the US

Default Angelina Jolie says president George W. Bush turned the world against the US

Angelina Jolie has hit out at President George W. Bush, accusing him of turning the world against America. Jolie, who spends much of her time traveling the world helping the poor as an ambassador for the United Nations, insists her work has become harder since Bush was re-elected - because no-one she meets can understand why Americans voted for him.
    She says, "When I travel, people feel uncomfortable when I say I'm American. They think it's suspicious that I want to do something positive for them. I think they wonder why the American people re-elected a President who is making foreign policy choices that are affecting other countries in a way that we should question."

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index....ent_bush_turne

I'm sorry, but the fact she adopted two kids doesn't give her the right to disparage every other person. Low down your ego, girl.

Well... no offence to all American users of this forum but I have to agree about Bush: he is not very appreciated outside USA.
    (But we had Berlusconi in Italy and that's as bad as with Bush)

I'm an American and this has got to be the first true and sane thing I've ever read coming out of her mouth. The part about Bush. She does have a tendency to elevate her own importance in/to the world, however.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I agree with Angelina--for once! Most countries are wary of us because of Bush's aggressive foreign policy. We had a better foreign policy under Clinton, probably even under George H.W. Bush and Richard Nixon. George W. Bush sucks. Whoever succeeds him is going to have quite a job undoing all of Bush's damage.

I don't agree with Bush on anything, but I do know Americans weren't loved worldwide before he came aboard. I remember Eddie Izzard joking about that in his HBO special cc.1999.

... because no-one she meets can understand why Americans voted for him.

Absolutely! I can almost understand when he was elected the first time, because no one knew what kind of president he'd be ... but when he was re-elected, I was floored. WHY did people vote for the moron the second time around? WHY?!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    I'm sorry, but the fact she adopted two kids doesn't give her the right to disparage every other person. Low down your ego, girl.
    I agree. I never cared much for her and every time I would say something bad about her my mom would be like "well she adioted two kids"

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I'm an American and this has got to be the first true and sane thing I've ever read coming out of her mouth. The part about Bush. She does have a tendency to elevate her own importance in/to the world, however.
    I totally agree.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I don't agree with Bush on anything, but I do know Americans weren't loved worldwide before he came aboard. I remember Eddie Izzard joking about that in his HBO special cc.1999.
    I don't think Bush helped the case one bit though. I don't think people hate Americans, I think it's their government they're against. I think there's alot of stereotyping going on as well. In every country there are assholes, I have alot of American friends and they're all very friendly and nice, of course I met a few idiots but there are idiots all over the planet.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

She's right I'm afraid. The Brits are especially mortified because our Prime Minister was idiotic enough to become bezzie mates with the retard. "Yo Blair" - ohmigod, I want to shoot them both!!!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Quote Originally Posted by pinklilycat View Post
    She's right I'm afraid. The Brits are especially mortified because our Prime Minister was idiotic enough to become bezzie mates with the retard. "Yo Blair" - ohmigod, I want to shoot them both!!!
    Yeah, the three "Bs" : Blair, Bush and Berlusconi.
    I am so glad that we get rid of the last one.

This is not an earth shattering comment, many others have already said it. I hate him myself, recognized during 99 campaigning that he was a dick but his people manipulated and pandered to a specific group and it worked. He will be remember as the worst president ever. Maybe the demos will grow some balls and impeach. I hope we elect a better person in 08.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    ... because no-one she meets can understand why Americans voted for him.

Absolutely! I can almost understand when he was elected the first time, because no one knew what kind of president he'd be ... but when he was re-elected, I was floored. WHY did people vote for the moron the second time around? WHY?!
    Exactly. People seem to hate the way Americans in general take control of not only their country but try and influence everyone else's.
    I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and sky...

[quote=aabbcc;509066]... because no-one she meets can understand why Americans voted for him.

Absolutely! I can almost understand when he was elected the first time, because no one knew what kind of president he'd be ... but when he was re-elected, I was floored. WHY did people vote for the moron the second time around? WHY?![/quote]

Where do I start on this? It would be easy for me to say, "Because there a lot of idiots in my country", but that would be too simplistic.

Bush won because he had excellent campaign managers who excelled at throwing dirt and taking the focus off Bush's abysmal record. They pandered to the lowest common denominator and succeeded in portraying John Kerry as a pampered, weak, rich, boy. They even threw dirt at Kerry's fine war record to keep people from remembering that Bush's daddy kept him out of the Vietnam War by getting him a cushy post with the Texas National Guard.

I never had a problem with Kerry, but apparently many did not find him warm or personable. Undoubtedly, he was not a strong campaigner. And in the good ole USA, surface wins over substance every time.

Bronze Member

Default Bush did not win

The first election, he had the Supreme court stop the second count of votes. The second time he "won" it's still fishy, read the Rolling Stone article about that election. Yes there were idiots that voted for him, but a lot of people didn't and somehow those votes did not get counted. There are plenty of new articles regarding this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information