Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Grey's Anatomy" smackdown round 2: Katherine Heigl vs. Isaiah Washington

Default "Grey's Anatomy" smackdown round 2: Katherine Heigl vs. Isaiah Washington

As usual, the best awards show dirt always happens after the show. At a post-Golden Globes party, nominated actress Katherine Heigl stood up for her “Grey’s Anatomy” co-star T.R. Knight in response to comments made by castmate Isaiah Washington. According to Heigl, Washington made yet another homophobic slur regarding Knight that evening. The actress told “Access Hollywood”’s Shaun Robinson, "I'm going to be really honest right now, he needs to just not speak in public. Period. I'm sorry, that did not need to be said, I'm not okay with it.”
    Earlier in the evening, Washington tried to set the record straight about reports of an October on-set incident that resulted from the alleged use of a homophobic slur toward Knight. However, Washington’s comments only served to further bungle matters and incur even more wrath from his co-stars. When a press room reporter questioned him about the incident, Washington denied his involvement saying, "No, I did not call T.R. a faggot. Never happened, never happened." D’oh! There he goes again.
    Was it just an off-the-cuff remark? Heigl’s not sure, but she’s surely ticked off. "I have no idea what it was, I just find it hurtful...I just feel
    like this is something that should be very much in house we need to deal with and it's among us and the cast and crew and among Shonda (Rhimes, show creator) and the producers… I don't think he (Washington) means it the way he comes off... But, T.R. is my best friend. I will throw down for that kid. I will beat you up. I will use every ounce of energy I have to take you down if you hurt his feelings."
    Strangely enough, after making his press room comments, Washington headed straight to "Access Hollywood's" Billy Bush and Nancy O'Dell to explain. "There is no way I could do anything so vile, and so horrible, not only to a castmate, but to a fellow human being… It did not happen. I was going to hire some great shiny publicist, but God laid it on my heart to say it because it was so close. The reports were all wrong… I'm very disappointed that the New York Post actually wrote legitimately about something that was put in a tabloid about some angry person to get some validity to this, and then it just rippled." Huh? Sounds like someone doesn’t think before or after he speaks.
    Washington later added that he and co-star Patrick Dempsey have personally moved beyond the October incident: "I kiss Patrick Dempsey. We purposely sing 'Ebony and Ivory' every night since October 9 and nobody has written about it."
    Wait a second. Did Washington just say he kisses Patrick Dempsey? Now we’re even more confused.
    http://www.usmagazine.com/katherine_heigl_0

Good for her for standing up for what she knows is right. There'll be a huge fallout for this I'm sure but she'll have won a lot of fans for this.

Dlisted suggested the producers "make" his character gay to get back at him.

^^haha I love it!

Am I thought only one that thought Isaiah looked a little tipsy during that time? I mean it's no excuse but, I don't think he's a horrible guy. I think it's like Katherine said, he means well he just needs to keep his mouth shut!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Team Heigl.

I don't know, but he seems like a homophobe that is deep down gay.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

How would he like it if the tables were turned, someone called him the n-word and then at the Golden Globes, grabbed the mike and said, "I never called Isaiah the n-word."
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

At TV Guide.com, they're reporting that on today's Ellen show, T.R. Knight says that Isaiah Washington was lying about never calling him a f*****.
    http://community.tvguide.com/thread....adID=700016930

I hate that the players on my fav show are becoming divisive, but I don't blame them for not backing Isaiah on this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't like him. He's a bully. On another set, a crew member had to get a restraining order against him because of an argument. He seems like a jealous prima donna. I think he's been pissed because he doesn't get the same attention as McDreamy.

i saw access hollywood, i thought it was funny when Katherine said...."TR is my best friend, and i'll kill for him...i will beat you to the ground for him...ect" it was soooo funny. Then Issiah tried to kiss Partick, and Pat was pulling away and had this look on his face like "if you dont get the fuck off me right now"....funny.

Its sad b/c i think Issiah will be axed real soon.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Hit By Ban Bus!

Team Heigl.

That whole "faggot" thing was probably a set-up during Round 1, to pay him back for being an asswipe for so long on different sets.
    Last edited by Mira; January 17th, 2007 at 02:45 PM.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Perez states that a TV Guide writer has suggested he be fired for using the 'f' word......jeebus kerist, I think the guy is an arrogant asshole but what is it with wanting everyone's resignation or firing everytime they piss people off by saying something stupid? If people stop watching the show because Isaiah is on it, ABS will fire him but not until then. And the 'f' word, geez you can't even say the freakin' word in the context of conversation?
    I'm very proud of her for standing up for her friend. IW should be the one who feels uncomfortable at work, not the rest of them.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying crumpet, the world is going a bit too PC in a lot of ways, but not in this one. It really is not the word that is the issue, but the hate behind it. As fas as I am concerned (as a mostly black female) IW is a bottom feeder just like Mel Gibson and Michael Richardson. Crucify all of them and their hate.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information