Thread: Nurse sends Madonna's Malawi baby daddy Yohane Banda money for flight to UK

Default Nurse sends Madonna's Malawi baby daddy Yohane Banda money for flight to UK

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_n...le_105089.html

A Scots nurse has sent farmer Yohane a cheque for his fare

Scottish nurse Christine Webster, 60, has sent Yohane Banda a cheque for 400 to help him travel to see his son David at Madonna's London home.

The farmer claims that he has not heard any news about the one-year-old since he left to live with the Ritchies three months ago and he has received no help from the Malawian government to help him contact the family.

Yohane, 32, plans to fly from Malawi to the UK for a week-long trip, reports The Sunday Times - Scotland.

'I know that my initial agreement with Madonna was that I would see him after two to three years,' he says. 'But I just miss him and want to see him now.

'I only need a week in February to see and play with my child. If there is enough money I would like to take my mother. She loves her grandson so much.'

Little David's mother died a week after childbirth. His grandmother Asianati Mwale says: 'It pains me that my son should worry. No pictures have been sent to us so far.'

Government officials in Malawi maintain that they have no record of Yohane contacting them and insist they would be happy to inform him of his son's wellbeing.

'We are monitoring them [the Ritchie family] and the child is doing fine,' said Adrina Mchiela, principal secretary in the Ministry for Gender and Child Welfare.

Will the Ritchies accept a visit from Yohane? A spokesman for Madonna told The Sunday Times that she was on holiday with her family and could not be reached for comment.

The superstar signed interim adoption papers in October which allow David to live with her and Guy for a monitoring period of 18 months after which final approval may be given for him to stay.

She has previously explained: 'I was told that from the day that he was left in the orphanage he was not visited by any extended family members. That's really why I became interested in him.'

I think this is ridiculous! He agreed to give him up for adoption! Before that the baby was living in an orphanage while he was with another woman getting her pregnant!! He agreed to wait 2 - 3 years before he sees the baby again now he has decided he just cant wait and wants to go to the uk to visit for a week!! If he wanted him he wouldnt have put him in an orphanage OR had him adopted! I like the part where he wants to take his mother with him as well, where was she when gave the baby up, but now he is in England with one of the most famous woman in the world they just cant bare to be away from him! a**holes!

Will the Ritchies accept a visit from Yohane? A spokesman for Madonna told The Sunday Times that she was on holiday with her family and could not be reached for comment.

Which means NO.

Elite Member

Sorry, but something about this guy just puts me off. I don't trust either of them.

^^I'm with you. The whole thing is odd.

Ok... I have to ask.

Why would Madonna adopt a child who has a living parent? If she wanted to adopt a child, why not adopt one that was orphaned?

I foresee a ton of problems coming from David Banda's father.

Elite Member

I think David's mom died. His dad is obvs money hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Ok... I have to ask.

Why would Madonna adopt a child who has a living parent? If she wanted to adopt a child, why not adopt one that was orphaned?

I foresee a ton of problems coming from David Banda's father.
    Seriously! More often than not, open adoptions have a lot of problems between the bio parent and adopting parents.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

As much as I'm no Madona fan, this is sad. The child is obviously bonding with his new family now. His bio family had no inteest until they smelled money.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

I read recently that David's father has re-married and he and the new wife are expecting a baby!! So much for little David.

Thread Information