Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Russell Crowe acted like a jerk and hid cigarettes from his wife during jet flight

Default Russell Crowe acted like a jerk and hid cigarettes from his wife during jet flight

When wife is around,
    Crowe watches his butts

A flight attendant says that - surprise, surprise - *Russell Crowe was less than an *exemplary passenger.

Is Russell Crowe wifey-whipped?

The actor kept his cigarettes hidden from spouse Dani whenever she was with him during his publicity tour for Ridley Scott's "A Good Year."

But "he smoked nonstop when his wife wasn't there" on the "smoking-designated" private jet chartered for the tour, a flight attendant tells us.

Crowe puddle-jumped Europe for 2 1/2 weeks for the 20th Century Fox flick, based on Peter Mayle's novel. Like his character, who learns to savor truffles and pâté in the South of France, Crowe enjoyed fine food on the flights, custom-made to his health specifications: red curry beef, green curry chicken, blackened chicken wings, chicken and cashews, white-flesh fish, passionfruit, honeydew, natural yogurt and dandelion tea.

The flight attendant tells us that an intermediary, perhaps aware of Crowe's phone-flinging history, warned her, "If one item is missing from this, you're going to have a very long and difficult flight."

One day, the attendant recalls, "he came into the galley and said, 'What do we have for dinner? The chicken satay looks good. I might have some of that later.'

"But on the flight, his wife ate the chicken satay. He wakes up as we're landing. 'I want my chicken satay,' he says, and I said, 'Sorry, your wife ate it.' "

Rather than confront his wife, Crowe took it out on the stewardess. She claims, "He said to me, 'If I tell you I want something, you put it aside for me. Or wake me up. Is there some kind of language barrier here?'

"I've flown actors, singers, boxers, princes. His wife is very polite. She says thank you. He treated us like peons."

Not so, says Crowe's lawyer, John H. Lavely Jr., of Lavely and Singer in Hollywood, who wrote a five-page letter denying the flight attendant's allegations. In it, he told us, "We are informed that Mr. Crowe was nothing less than a model citizen during the publicity tour." Lavely's source? "Hilary Clark, the senior VP of international publicity at Fox ... [who] told us that the director of European publicity at Fox, and various Fox representatives, [said] that Mr. Crowe was 'delightful ... very pleasant ... and gracious.'"

Originally published on January 5, 2007

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/goss...p-409047c.html
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

health food demands, and then smokes like a chimney? why bother! idiot.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Zee

"He said to me, 'If I tell you I want something, you put it aside for me. Or wake me up. Is there some kind of language barrier here?'
    I love it. This is basically an invitation to having your food spit on, dumped in lap, etc.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

He's not terribly bright, is he?

He's trying to hide the fact that he's an *ss from his wife. She probably
    already knows.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Elite Member

He sounds like a spoilt child... "I want my satay chicken"...

Quote Originally Posted by zorbeet View Post
    I love it. This is basically an invitation to having your food spit on, dumped in lap, etc.
    Please, let me cook his dinner. I've got a big loogie coughed up just for him.

Zee

I believe there is a line forming for this honor.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Big Mac - supersize it with a diet coke please!
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

I cannot stand celebs like this......who think the world revolves around them and their wants and needs. GMAB.

A*O

I see he's still working hard to retain his World's Greatest Wanker title. I met someone the other day who worked on his wedding preparations (I don't want to say exactly what she did to protect her identity as she still lives in his home town). She confirms that he swings from overbearing, arrogant, controlling asshole to hysterical, tantrum-throwing diva. He didn't allow his wife a say in any of the wedding arrangements and kept changing his mind every 5 minutes AND had to be chased for payment. Prat.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I was wondering what you had to say about this, A*O.

This man would be entirely too high-maintenance for me. Being married to him would be akin to herding cats.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by zorbeet View Post
    Seriousdly. As a former waitress I can tell you all, wait staff will spit in your food. I've never done it, but I've seen many a waiter or waitress hock gross phlem into a nasty patron's dinner. I'm appalled that celebrities don't think this can happen. Or they just think it's okay to eat spit. I, personally, bend over backwards to be nice to my wait person, even if they suck. You never know. They hold your food!

Once a jerk, always a jerk. Why is this news?

why is this guy still talked about?he has no talen and his only semi good movie was (exaggerating)50 years AGO!!!!
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information