Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terri Irwin given copy of husband Steve Irwin's death video

Default Terri Irwin given copy of husband Steve Irwin's death video

Irwin's wife gets tape of his death
    By MERAIAH FOLEY, Associated Press Writer

SYDNEY, Australia - Authorities gave the video of "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin's fatal encounter with a stingray to his family and destroyed all copies to prevent the grisly footage from being made public, an Australian state coroner said Thursday.

Irwin, 44, died on Sept. 4 after being stabbed in the chest by the stingray's poisonous barb while filming a documentary on the Great Barrier Reef off the Queensland coast.

Queensland State Coroner Michael Barnes said authorities gave the original video to his wife, Terri, in late December and destroyed other copies.

"The footage has been the subject of widespread media interest and it was wholly appropriate that we took all possible steps to ensure something of such a personal and tragic nature did not fall into the wrong hands," Barnes said in a statement. "This is in line with the wishes of the Irwin family."

Police made a small number of copies of the video to assist their inquiry into the cause of Irwin's death, but they were kept under tight security throughout the investigation, the coroner's office said.

Speculation had been rife that footage of Irwin's death could eventually be posted on the Internet.

Calls to the Irwin family's Australia Zoo were not immediately returned Thursday, but in an interview with U.S. television last September, Terri Irwin, originally of Eugene, Ore., said the video should never see the light of day.

"What purpose would that serve?" she told ABC's Barbara Walters, adding that she herself had not seen the video.

Irwin's friend and business partner, John Stainton, has seen the film. He told Walters he never wants to see it again and doesn't want anyone else to see it, either. "It's just a horrible piece of film tape," he said.

The death of the exuberant television entertainer and conservationist set off an unprecedented outpouring of grief. Tens of thousands traveled to Irwin's zoo near Brisbane to drop off flowers and other mementoes, many of them signing khaki shirts instead of a condolence book.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070104/...ocodile_hunter
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Police made a small number of copies of the video to assist their inquiry into the cause of Irwin's death,
    What inquiry? A stingray barb struck his heart, he pulled it out, he died.

Leaving a 'small amount of copies' in police's hands?? What for?
    Go Habs Go!!

I honestly hope every last one was destroyed. His kids don't need that crap out there to see one day.

I have a sinking feeling not all copies were destroyed, you know how these things go.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's in her hands now? It's probably gonna be conveniently "leaked".

I bet she makes an instructional kids video out of it and rakes in more dough
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

I have a feeling we will get to see it, either stolen and shown or she will add it to Jungle Bindi's show

Off memory I think it was said that Steve had made it clear that should he be killed by an animal that he'd want it shown. I think just out of sheer respect for the two kids (& his other family members - father & two sisters) it should be destroyed.

People want to see it because it's rumored that he tried to grab hold of the stingray, as if he were going to ride it. Like he always did, he harrassed the animal for the cameras. I'm not and never was a fan of his.

It gives me such a bad feeling to think of those two kids seeing that video in any way shape or form.
    I really really hope it will never be seen by anyone ever again.
    If the children were grown, it might be one thing, but they are just babies.
    I've always known I was born to dominate your sex and avenge my own.

I don't think Terri will show them as kids. I think she will wait until they are older and wanted to see it. (they may not want to see it even as adults) Terri strikes me as a caring person but that Stainton is the one to beware of.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    What inquiry? A stingray barb struck his heart, he pulled it out, he died.

Leaving a 'small amount of copies' in police's hands?? What for?
    It's probably just police procedure. For all we know, he could have gotten stung, lived, and someone else killed him. Or, someone could have forced the barb into him. Yes that's far fetched but they still have to check.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    I don't think Terri will show them as kids. I think she will wait until they are older and wanted to see it. (they may not want to see it even as adults) Terri strikes me as a caring person but that Stainton is the one to beware of.
    I have the opposite impression of him. I thought he was absolutely and genuinely devastated by Steve's death and incredibly compassionate in handling everything.

As for Terri, I don't see her trying to make a buck off this whatsoever. She lost the love of her life and was completely inconsolable about the whole thing. No one will ever convince me she was milking anything. That's not to say I don't see her shamelessly promoting Bindi. What parent wouldn't given the opportunity? The kid is cute and talented.

They will probably revive that Faces of Death movie chain just so they can show this. Sick. Destroy all the video. Why would anyone ever need to see it again?

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    They will probably revive that Faces of Death movie chain just so they can show this. Sick. Destroy all the video. Why would anyone ever need to see it again?
    I saw one of those movies when I was 19, because my boyfriend rented it and talked me into watching it. I made it through about 15 minutes. Then I closed my eyes. Then I left (and I'm not no sissy!).

Those were the sickest things ever made, even if some of them were fake.
    It still bothers me to think about it to this day.
    I've always known I was born to dominate your sex and avenge my own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information