Thread: Benji Madden and Sofie Monk get engaged

Default Benji Madden and Sofie Monk get engaged

Benji Madden's Good Engagement by Natalie Finn
    Wed Jan 3, 7:25 AM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Joel Madden may be riding the romance rollercoaster, but his identical twin brother Benji is settling in for the long haul.

The Good Charlotte guitarist popped the question to his girlfriend, Australian pop singer turned actor Sophie Monk, on Christmas Eve, Madden's rep, Steve Feinberg, confirmed to E! News Tuesday.

"They are incredibly happy," Feinberg said about the couple, who were first spotted together in September, smooching over lunch in Los Angeles.

Madden, 27, proposed to Monk, also 27, in her home country, presenting her with a Neil Lane-designed diamond ring.

Monk, most recently of light film fare such as Click and Date Movie, just finished shooting the dark comedy Sex and Death 101 alongside Winona Ryder and fellow Aussie Simon Baker, and will appear in the upcoming Spring Breakdown, playing, according to Monk, "the head of the evil girls."

Which apparently will be a stretch for the blond reality-TV star, who joined the girl group Bardot after appearing on the original Down Under version of the competition show Popstars. (Like Eden's Crush and Scene 23, the bands formed on the U.S. incarnation of Popstars, Bardot has since disbanded.)

"I love [Benji's] girlfriend," brother Joel, who's five minutes younger than Benji, told People in October. "She's so cool. I hang out with her, we have a great time. She's really similar to me—she's very carefree."

Joel split with Hilary Duff, who's eight years his junior, last month and has since reportedly taken up with Nicole Richie.

In addition to their musical collaboration, the Madden brothers also have a sporty clothing line, DCMA Collective, which features caps, hoodies, T-shirts, belt buckles and other hipster gear, and they have launched their own label, DC Flag Records.

Good Charlotte's fourth studio album, Good Morning Revival, is set to drop Mar. 20. A new track, "Keep Your Hands Off My Girl," is available for listening on the band's MySpace page.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2007...e_761da01c3591
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Betcha they won't even make it to the altar.
    Go Habs Go!!

Hmm I think they might. She's pretty funny, in a bimboish way & can take the mickey out of herself with good humour. She needs to eat tho, gosh she's lost some weight since her "bardot" days.

I heard this on an australian tv entertainment segment last night and the host said 'proving that love truly is blind..'

That'd be right, its all about looks.

I have spoken to a few people who have met Sophie and all speak very highly about her in terms of her personality. They say she is really friendly and down to earth. I hope she is happy because she seemed genuinely sad when she split with her OZ boyfriend. I wish her well anyhow and hope she doesn't fall too much into the Hollywood trap!

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Um. Wow.

These two are so mismatched.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    I have spoken to a few people who have met Sophie and all speak very highly about her in terms of her personality.
    Yeah, I have friends who chatted with her when she was wandering around Movie World as Marilyn Monroe, and shes really nice. A real down to earth aussie chick.

So these people are famous? Where have I been?

Why in the hell would she want him? He is from the ghetto. At least that is what Hilary said.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    So these people are famous? Where have I been?
    I have no idea who they are either I feel umm unhip....

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Sophie is another Aussie reality tv star gone overseas and starred in a few bimbo-ish type movies there in the US. She starred in that silly Date Movie as that bikini clad bimbo and she was also in Click as one of The Hoff's bimbo secretaries.

I only Benji ias being Joel's brother who was going out with Hilary Duff at one stage. That's about all I know and that he is from Good Charlotte.

But I still maintain that even though she is only being offered those type of barbie doll roles, she is still really down to earth and a nice person.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Why in the hell would she want him? He is from the ghetto. At least that is what Hilary said.
    I don't see why being from the ghetto should matter. Are only classless, tactless, terrible people the ones living in the ghetto?

Old Horse Face was raised in a relatively upper middle class home and from a young age had a career. Benji and Joel had a pretty rough childhood and should be given credit for working hard to achieve the success they have.

Thread Information