Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscars won't 'Listen' to Beyonce; she's disqualified in song race

Default Oscars won't 'Listen' to Beyonce; she's disqualified in song race

Oscars won't 'Listen' to Beyonce; she's disqualified in song race

You can not only forget about Beyonce Knowles winning an Oscar for best actress this year. (If you haven't heard, a certain ingenue keeps upstaging her throughout "Dreamgirls." And in the race for best comedy/musical actress, she's up against a real devil — Meryl Streep — who knows a lot about winning Globes.) Now it looks like Beyonce won't win as a songwriter either — for "Listen," one of the original new tunes added to the original Broadway score. Officially, she's listed as one of the song's four writers, but the motion-picture academy only permits three names — max — as a credit.

The Oscars' songwriting branch has decided to qualify Henry Krieger, Anne Preven and Scott Cutler. No explanation is given for why Beyonce is excluded over the others. Is this just one of those cases of where the singer insisted upon having her name added to credits as part of her performance deal? Beyonce says "No!" In media interviews, she's often said that she was truly involved in its songwriting. Apparently, not to the extent as her three collaborators.

Take heart, Beyonce fans. Not only is she nominated in the actress race at the Globes, but she'll be among the people who share the credit for "Listen" if it wins best song there.

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_...e_disqual.html
    Aww, "poor" Beyonce....

I'm crying as i sit on my jewel encrusted toilet.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I don't really care if she wins an Oscar or Globes, they lost their credibility a looong time ago.

Hit By Ban Bus!

whats a good award show now to win in?

They wouldn't include her name because she didn't write any of the damn song.

Lord knows on the East Coast a song is yours when you write it. On the West Coast, it also belongs to whomever is in the room with you. Sorry, Beyonce. Your ship is sinking.

Isn't Beyonce kind of notorious for claiming to have written songs that she didn't actually write?

She's near admitted to not really writing some of the songs she's credited with from when she was with Destiney's Child.

Ugh I will just die if she wins ANYTHING for this movie, I will just die if THIS MOVIE wins anything.

I WILL stop living because there will be no hope for music and film after that travisty (if it happens of course).
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

yes according to beyonce...she wrote silent night also.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Silver Member

Her ass probably didn't contribute but one or two words to the whole song!

When she was in Destiny's Child, it was easy (and the norm) for her to take ALL the credit for writing. She's known to conveniently (sp) "add" herself to the credits for publishing, and kudos that she doesn't deserve.

Also, Beyonce was on MTV years ago trying to say that she wrote the song "Emotions" (Destiny's Child covered that song and had a single out during that time) Carson Daly was interviewing her, and had to remind her that was a Bee Gee's song! That shit was sooooo funny. The bitch is sneaky and grimey and The Oscar Academy ain't having it.

I don't think this is a setback for Beyonce. But I think, once again... This is an opportunity for her to take a damn break. It seems like the more she tries to do, the sicker people become of her. Quite a few people would be entertained while watching her "downfall" unfortunately.

Elite Member

Beyonce doesnt deserve a freaking oscar for acting. There are MUCH more deserving people that should be nominated, stupid people.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I'm crying as i sit on my jewel encrusted toilet.

hm..what's sad is she is a singer in the movie..and her acting is still very poor..or am I THE ONLY one that sees that?
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Why would that song even be listed? It had to be created for the "Dreamgirls" movie. They didn't need another song - but she had nothing to contribute so they had to give her something to try and overshadow her co-stars.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

^ Every time they create a movie of a musical they write a new song for the film so they can try to win every award possible. Only new songs are eligible for the best song Oscar, so that increases the amount of categories they are elgibile for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information