Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger breaks a leg in ski accident

Elite Member

Default Arnold Schwarzenegger breaks a leg in ski accident

Schwarzenegger will undergo surgery after returning from Idaho resort after Christmas.
    Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger fell and broke his right leg Saturday morning while skiing with his family in Sun Valley, Idaho, officials on the governor's staff said.

The 59-year-old governor will have surgery to repair a broken femur when he returns to Los Angeles after Christmas, the governor's deputy chief of staff, Adam Mendelsohn, said in a statement Saturday night.

Schwarzenegger, a former champion bodybuilder who normally works out every day, is "at his home in Sun Valley recovering and recuperating," said Julie Soderlund, a spokeswoman for the governor's office, who added that he is not wearing a cast. "The governor is doing great and looking forward to spending Christmas with his family."

Details of the accident — the second sports-related injury this year for the governor — were sketchy. It occurred while Schwarzenegger was on a normal ski run with his family, Soderlund said. She could not say what run he was on or what caused him to fall.

According to Mendelsohn's statement, no one else was involved in the accident. Schwarzenegger was taken to a local hospital for X-rays and was later released, the statement said.

A local ski instructor and longtime friend of the governor said late Saturday that he was with the governor when the accident occurred. Adi Erber, reached by telephone, declined to discuss the accident but said the governor was fine.

Rick Hickman, night general manager at Sun Valley Resort, described Schwarzegger as "a very good skier; he's a very confident skier."

Hickman said he had seen the governor just that morning with Erber at the foot of a lift that carries skiers up Baldy Mountain. Conditions at Sun Valley on Saturday were overcast and snowy, he said.

Schwarzenegger has skied with Erber for many years, Hickman said. He is a well-known figure in Sun Valley, and a ski run — a challenging "single black diamond" run — was renamed "Arnold's Run" in his honor.

The femur, the long leg bone between the pelvis and the knee, is considered one of the strongest bones in the human body.

Schwarzenegger is well known in Sun Valley, and has led a traditional Christmas Eve torchlight parade on the local mountains.

He has often ducked out to the ski haven in the Sawtooth Mountains, which has become a de facto hideaway for politicians and film stars. John F. Kerry snowboarded there during his presidential run and locals have spotted Demi Moore, Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood and Jamie Lee Curtis in town or on the slopes.

Earlier this year, the governor collided with a car pulling out of a driveway while riding his Harley-Davidson motorcycle in Brentwood and received 15 stitches in his lip.

His son, who was in the sidecar, was uninjured. Though the governor was not cited in the incident, he was criticized for previously driving his motorcycle without the proper license.

In December 2001, the governor has said, a car in front of him suddenly braked, sending him into its rear fender. His six broken ribs kept him from training for three months.

Schwarzenegger admitted at a news conference after this year's crash that his wife, Maria Shriver, doesn't like that he's enamored of action sports such as skydiving and fast skiing.

"I was very lucky," he said at the news conference. "It could have been far different. You never know … not just on a motorcycle, but when you go skiing. I did all those things anyway before I was governor. I never stick to the rules."
    Source http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...home-headlines

Ouuuuuuuch.

Schwarzenegger, a former champion bodybuilder who normally works out every day

I wonder when was the last time he did that?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Not looking too good in those last two pictures. What is that weird little bump in between his navel and his man boobies?

Default Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger breaks leg while skiing

ETA: I didn't search for this very well and just noticed it's already posted. If a mod would be so kind as to merge this thread with the other one. Sorry!

Schwarzenegger breaks leg while skiing
    By MARCUS WOHLSEN, Associated Press Writer
    10 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger broke his leg while skiing with his family Saturday morning in Sun Valley, Idaho, a spokesman said.

Schwarzenegger, 59, was taken to a hospital for X-rays and was discharged with a fracture to his right femur, said Adam Mendelsohn, the governor's Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications.

He will have surgery to repair the bone when he returns to Los Angeles, Mendelsohn said. The governor remained at his Sun Valley home Saturday night and still planned to spend Christmas there.

No one else was involved in the accident, Mendelsohn said.

The fracture was the third medical problem the governor suffered in a year.

He spent several hours at a University of California, Davis, hospital last December with a rapid heartbeat after coming down with a stomach flu. In January, Schwarzenegger needed 15 stitches to repair his cut lip after colliding with a car while riding his Harley-Davidson motorcycle in Los Angeles.

The Sun Valley Resort, a favorite skiing destination for celebrities, includes a short ski trail named "Arnold's Run" after Schwarzenegger. The trail is categorized as a black diamond, or most difficult, for its challenging terrain.

The name and level of difficulty of the trail the governor was skiing when his accident occurred were not released.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061224/...negger_injured
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

"Hey Maria, look at me! I'm Sonny Bono!" *slam* "Ow!"

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

^^Haha Twitchy!

This dude hasn't had a lot of luck since taking Office has he?? Oh well.

Don't feel bad laurent, it seems to be happening quite a bit, IMO the only thing that really sucks about GR, the way they do postings, it is not orginized at all.

Bronze Member

What's not in the news is that he almost hit a snowboarder coming down a snowboard park. Both were heading for a jump?! Now, the guy is 59 year old and breaking femur is not a small thing. Where do I get my info? From this funny article:

http://www.skibrokeback.com/arnold/

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    "Hey Maria, look at me! I'm Sonny Bono!" *slam* "Ow!"
    Hahahahaha!!!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Would someone please go to the first posting of this article and answer my question because I'm very curious! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Not looking too good in those last two pictures. What is that weird little bump in between his navel and his man boobies?
    I don't know, but it sure looks like a nose to complete the face that his man boobs and belly button make. It even looks like he's got cheeks showing on his tummy.

You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Jeez! That must have been one heck of a boom. Do yuo have any idea how hard it is to break the femur of a full grown man?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

sounds painful...im surprise he doesnt keep up a work out routine.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I don't know, but it sure looks like a nose to complete the face that his man boobs and belly button make. It even looks like he's got cheeks showing on his tummy.

OMFG he has a face growing out of his stomach! like that guy from total recall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information