Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Simpson bows out of Dolly Parton tribute

Default Jessica Simpson bows out of Dolly Parton tribute

Jessica Simpson Out of Parton Tribute
    Dec 21, 1:13 PM EST

The Associated Press

Unhappy with her second try at paying tribute to Dolly Parton for the "Kennedy Center Honors," Jessica Simpson has pulled out of the show.
    Simpson drew unwanted attention earlier this month when she flubbed the words to Parton's "9 to 5" during a taping of the annual show, grew flustered and fled the stage. Producers gave her a second chance at the song.
    But after Simpson saw a tape, she requested the second attempt be pulled from the show, which airs Dec. 26 on CBS.
    "She really wasn't happy with her performance and she did want it to be perfect for Dolly, who she idolizes," said Cindi Berger, a spokeswoman for Simpson.
    Besides Parton, the Washington, D.C., tribute honors Andrew Lloyd Webber, Zubin Mehta, Smokey Robinson and Steven Spielberg. Caroline Kennedy is the host.
    "We appreciate the time and energy Ms. Simpson put into this event and respect the high standards she has for herself and that of the Kennedy Center Honors," said George Stevens Jr., show producer.
    http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...45678&GT1=7702

......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Did the audience have to sit through her second attempt, I wonder?

^^ No, apparently they allowed her to re-record her part after the audience was gone.

And she STILL sucked!

"We appreciate the time and energy Ms. Simpson put into this event and respect the high standards she has for herself and that of the Kennedy Center Honors," said George Stevens Jr., show producer.

Hmmm..... this sounds awfully fishy to me. I can't imagine Papa Joe allowing her to pull out of something this big. Maybe her 2nd performance sucked so bad that the producer was like, "Thanks, but no thanks", and was nice enough to let her say she quit just to save face.

I would comment but I am still too busy laughing.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Hmmm..... this sounds awfully fishy to me. I can't imagine Papa Joe allowing her to pull out of something this big. Maybe her 2nd performance sucked so bad that the producer was like, "Thanks, but no thanks", and was nice enough to let her say she quit just to save face.
    ^^I totally agree, Sweetness, this sounds majorly fishy. Sounds like the time my good friend was fired from the law firm we worked at, but she was given the opportunity to "technically resign", so that she could save face. I could totally see the producers simply thinking Messica's performance was so awful that they decided they were cutting it right out of the show, and the master-manipulator PervertPapaJoe finangling things, like you mentioned, to make it look like Messica HERSELF made the decision to bow out.

In any event, I find the comment (that you also quoted in your post) pretty ridiculous:
    What a JOKE!!! If Messica did indeed have "high standards" and she really did "put time and energy into the event", then she would have actually done some preparations & WOULDN'T HAVE MESSED UP THE FREAKING LYRICS!!!!--Not to mention the fact that that unprofessional bimbo flubbed the lyrics EVEN WITH CUE CARDS TO READ as she sang!!! Talk about being unprepared. That's the epitome of having LOW standards, and putting NO quality time & energy into the event! I wonder how much money PervertPapaJoe paid that George Stevens dude to say that ludicrous load of crap.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

This girl is going down and I absolutely love it!

I'm really confused about where the Jessica "idolizes" Dolly Parton thing came from too. What a load of B.S.....she didn't even know the words to one of her most popular songs. In all the interviews I've seen Jessica give she always says that she grew up listening to Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey and that they were her idols.

I am sure Dolly was absolutely heartbroken.

Elite Member

Jessica is so unprofessional. This will get around for sure, and no one will want to hire her (at least to sing). "Nine to Five" was Dolly's biggest hit, and now it will not be included in her tribute, thanks to Messica. That's a HUGE fuck-up.

Hit By Ban Bus!

this suck, if the producers will drop that scene. they should keep it and still air it, it's priceless. and i agree dumb jessica talks about how dolly its her idol, and she can't remember her lyrics. that just show, she's nothing but a turd!!!

Remember when she was singing "9 to 5" and holding herself all funny-like? My god, and she was doing this sort of grotesque pseudo-sexual rhythmic thing with her shoulders---while holding her tummy. Yeah. I knew that "Daisy Duke" was a fluke. Anyone can be sexy if they dedicate their entire lives to working out....Turns out she doesn't have any talent or brains or anything redeeming at all....and she doesn't look like Daisy Duke anymore, either. Twatwaffle.

Tee-hee. Love the word "twatwaffle." Appropriate for Jessica Simpson too.

I do have to wonder who pulled the plug on this. Maybe Papa Joe didn't want such shitty performances out there, to make her look even worse and to avoid people talking even more shit than they already do. Or maybe producers cut it because they didn't want to embarrass themselves by association.

In case you haven't seen it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atoFAXSbm_A

I wonder how bad the second go was.

Thumbs up

This girl is going down and I absolutely love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information