Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tori Spelling has public yard sale and invites shoppers to "Take Some Tori Home"

Default Tori Spelling has public yard sale and invites shoppers to "Take Some Tori Home"

Tori Spelling Hawks Her Wares by Gina Serpe
    Fri Dec 8, 9:05 AM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) - If your wardrobe has a hole that only a be-daisied baby doll dress, circa 1993, can fill, then Tori Spelling has just the sale for you.

The Beverly Hills, 90210 alum is opening her house—or at least, yard—to '90s-lovin' bargain hunters, TV memorabilia collectors and, most of all, schadenfreude-seeking star gazers, holding a public yard sale Friday and Saturday at her Studio City home.

In an announcement first posted to both www.estatesaleshop.com and neighborhood utility poles—and subsequently to nearly every celeb-centric blog in existence—Spelling and Dean McDermott, her husband of seven months, invited the masses to peruse, and with any luck, purchase, more than a decade's worth of wares from their front lawn.

Or, as their flyer puts it, to "Take Some Tori Home."

According to the online posting, the fiscally challenged couple will be hawking remnants of Spelling's "last 15 years of buying and collecting," and will include such potential stocking-stuffers as photos, crystal sconces, designer clothes, paintings, 19th, 20th and 21st century antiques and, as is customary of any yard sale, celebrity-sponsored or not, "assorted bric-a-brac."

The sale kicked off this morning at 9 a.m. and E! Online senior editor Marc Malkin reports that early morning shoppers, who began lining up outside the estate at 5:30, have already hauled off such star-worthy spoils as a garage-door opener, Louis Vuitton hatbox and embroidered pillow, in custom-made white shopping bags stamped with "Tori Spelling."

As Spelling herself is running the two-day blowout, the TV vet has taken some precautionary measures—security is checking all bags and purses, window-shoppers are made to sign release forms and browsers are only allowed to handle the merchandise in groups of 20.

For those looking to own a piece of Tori, there's apparently ample parking in the neighborhood, though there's no word on whether or not Donna Martin validates.

There's also no word, yet, on whether she's keen on hagglers, though in light of the sale even taking place at all, one assumes Spelling may take what she can get.

While she told People magazine this week that the sale was meant to purge the self-proclaimed pack rat of home-clogging memorabilia in preparation for both a move and a new baby—Spelling is five months pregnant with her first child—it's also likely that she simply just needs some cash.

She's not the first celeb to set up shop in her front yard, though she is the first to make such a production of it. Back in September, Kirstie Alley held a yard sale to pawn off her own collection of knick-knacks.

Despite her late father, TV superproducer Aaron Spelling, having amassed an estimated $500 million fortune, Tori is reportedly due to inherit a paltry $800,000.

Hence her recent spate of get-richer-quick schemes.

In addition to the sale, the 33-year-old actor and her hubby are already two weeks into production on an untitled Oxygen reality show, which will follow the couple as they buy, redecorate and attempt to run a bed and breakfast. Spelling told People the B&B will feature modern décor, further explaining away her decision to expunge via yard sale nearly two decades' worth of shabby chic furnishings.

As if that weren't enough, the enterprising star also signed a deal with Simon Publishing earlier this year to pen her life-so-far story. The autobiography is due out in 2008.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2006...e-4228039e93da
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Tory is either:

-really so down on money she can't keep the facade and HAS to sell anything to get a cash flow FAST
    -a junkie , alcohoolic or a gambler..or her hubby is.Only those people are running skinnt in HW...when they worked-like her- in succesfull series
    -a media manipulator.Uses her "poor" image to put pressure on her mum to give her some dosh-can't fathom WHY her own mum wouldn't dispense some money for her pregnant daughter..whatever the quibs.
    ----------------------

Respect is given when respect is deserved.

I live in LA and this was also on the local news. So odd. There were tons of people there, it was mind-bending.

They mentioned that she was doing this for some reality TV show. There were cameras inside and all the people had to sign release forms before being allowed into the sale.

this bitch must be broke.

Bronze Member

I just watched CNN headline news and YES there is a big crowd at the home. So Tori's going to make a nice profit from this Yard Sale. I think its smart on Tori's part she's not harming anybody. And the press can say whatever they want but Tori is actually MOVING and she's got a new reality TV show which she will be paid. So this talk about Tori being broke is BS. She's not broke. And remember she gets those Royalty cheques from 90210 the show is in heavy syndication. And those cheques add up. She also just had another show Sonotorious and she was the executive producer she gets a cut of DVD sales and of course syndication rights. Tori is smart here the media may snicker at her yard sale but she's getting press and making money along the way.

I would have a look at the sale. Can't miss a bargain!

Bronze Member

Cool Tori Spelling's yard sale draws hundreds

Dec. 11, 2006. 06:37 AM
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

LOS ANGELES — Hundreds of fans and bargain-hunters descended on Tori Spelling's yard sale and walked away with wine glasses, paintings, lingerie, roller skates, a rubber duck and other items. Memorabilia from Spelling's time with the television show ``Beverly Hills, 90210" also sold quickly on Friday and Saturday. One person paid US$25 for a plastic Starbucks mug that reportedly retained a smear of Spelling's lipstick. About 300 people showed up at the "Tori Spelling Dazzling Studio City Estate Sale" at the rented home she shares with husband Dean McDermott. Spelling is pregnant with the couple's first child. They reportedly plan to open a bed and breakfast and raise their child outside of Los Angeles. Several people even flew in for the sale that resulted in traffic jams and angry neighbours when camera crews blocked the road. News helicopters also hovered over the event. The sale was videotaped for the VH1 reality show "So NoTORIous" loosely based on Spelling's life.

Source: http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...epath=A&E/News

I would be sooo pissed if I were her neighbor, too. Blocked roads? I can't get in or out of my home because your has-been ass is having a ridiculous yard sale/publicity ploy? I think she owes them for the inconvenience.

^^I agree; however, you have to admit, for a "star" yard sale (it felt strange typing those words together), a turnout of 300 pretty much sucks. I mean, I'm from a small, trashy town in the deep South, and we have yard sales featuring deflated truck tires and meth-lab equipment and broken band saws that draw 300 people. Poor Tori; can't even have a successful yard sale!
    Once again, I feel good in my decision to give up all hope for the human race. - KrisNine

Would you ever use a pussy & floor wipe to clean a baby's ass? - Michael K

They were actually limiting the number of people allowed in. People had to line up and take a number(And surrender cel phones and cameras!). Only twenty at a time were allowed in. It's being filmed for some reality show.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

SVZ

Ok someone needs to take an English course...or something.

How would flying in cause traffic jams? Do planes land on roads now?

That homewrecking, no-talent mutt has hundreds of fans? Un-fucking-believable.

Hit By Ban Bus!

i thought it was strange of her to have a yard sale. maybe her cash is low..i still think its utterly ridiculous for her to have a yard sale.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    That homewrecking, no-talent mutt has hundreds of fans? Un-fucking-believable.
    Her husband was the home wrecker in his previous marriage.

^^

They're both losers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information