Thread: Biological father doesn't want Madonna to circumcise David

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Biological father doesn't want Madonna to circumcise David

Madonna Urged 'Not To Circumcise' Child
    By WENN
    Dec 7, 2006

Madonna is facing further problems over the adoption of David Banda, after his biological father urged the star to "think again" over plans for a circumcision.

In keeping with the Kabbalah teachings, Madonna wants to have the tot circumcised, however father Yohane Banda says the act would be at odds with the child's religious faith, as baby David was baptised a Christian back in Malawi.

Yohane says, "This goes against the Christian religion and is not something we would ever consider in Africa.

"We don't ever get circumcised here. I would urge her to think again."

source:
    http://www.postchronicle.com/news/en...21253245.shtml

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

^wtf is he talking about not getting circumcised in Africa!
    There are millions of Muslim in Africa and i belief it is part of
    the religion to circumcise male children.

well, he's saying it's against his Christian religion but I wasn't even aware that Christians didn't circumcize.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

^I see what you mean, i totally misunderstood the statement.
    I think some sect of Christianity are against circumcision....

He should STFU. Regardless of what one thinks of the adoption, or Madonna, the fact is she's now the child's legal guardian, and he no longer gets a say!

He doesn't get a vote. the kid has new parents now. they don't need to consult this guy.

Doesn't Madonna only have temporary custody at the moment? I doubt she should be making any kind of major decisions like this until a later date.

I agree aabbcc. From what I understand, Madonna only has a temporary custody, and didn't she agree on raising him teaching him about his own culture (which may include his biological family's religion)...

What if someday David goes back to his father and he's all Kabbalah-ized?

I'm a bit on the fense about this.

A*O

Oh Gawd - the Great Circumcision Debate. As far as I am aware there are no religious 'rules' in Christianity about circumcision. It's required for Jews and Muslims. Heads up people - there are hundreds of millions of European and Asian men, Christian or otherwise (including my husband and my son) who are not, shock!!! circumcised. It's not obligatory and in my opinion it's not necessary unless you have a religious or medical reason to snip off the foreskin that God put there for a reason [runs away because I started the Great Circumcision Debate again HAHAHHA]

PS Removing a foreskin because it looks 'yukky' is not a good enough reason to mutilate my son's todger. Sorry. And don't start with the 'hygiene' thing. It's no more difficult to clean an uncircumcised penis than it is to give your hoohah a proper wash.

Now I really am going to run away because this topic riles me up. Breathe, breathe.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnt be surprised - Dorothy Parker

oh don't run away AO I think the issue here is more to do with whether Madonna has the "right" to decide to circumcize David against his biological father's wish than the pros and cons of the procedure.

It really has nothing to do with him, he should shut up.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

First off, why would you want to put a toddler through something like that? Especially since she only has temporary custody. I really hope no one lets this happen. Either way. He is just too old now. Why bother?

You can't borrow someone's kid and then circumcise him!!
    A*O, agree with you - this is a personal choice. I have 5 brothers - none are circumcised. My son is circumcised because his father is and I let him talk me into it. However, they circumcised him the day after he was born and I sat outside the room where they did it and just bawled because I could hear my baby screaming inside over what they were doing to him. Even his father (when the jackass saw it) said that he wished we had not had that done. On the other hand, I have a nephew who constantly has infections. The foreskin opening where the urine comes out is like the size of a frigging pin! They are talking about possibly having to have him circumcised NOW at 8 years old - which is much more painful to recover from. I also work with a lady who's 50 some-odd-years old husband just had to be circumcised, took 6 weeks for him to recover! In the end, my kiddo endured one day of agony whereas sometimes I see my poor nephew just curled up in a ball suffering because he didn't have it done - although I blame his whore of a mother!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I agree with you AO, and would personally never have my child circumcised - my fiance isn't, by the way. I'm not exactly against it for people of the Jewish or Muslim faiths, because I understand that it's an integral part of their religion, and people have been doing it for thousands of years with no real long-term consequences that I'm familiar with. But I really resist the idea of people doing it "just because", because it "looks better that way", or because they just don't put any thought into the decision whatsoever and just assume that's what everyone does.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Oh Gawd - the Great Circumcision Debate. As far as I am aware there are no religious 'rules' in Christianity about circumcision. It's required for Jews and Muslims. Heads up people - there are hundreds of millions of European and Asian men, Christian or otherwise (including my husband and my son) who are not, shock!!! circumcised. It's not obligatory and in my opinion it's not necessary unless you have a religious or medical reason to snip off the foreskin that God put there for a reason [runs away because I started the Great Circumcision Debate again HAHAHHA]

PS Removing a foreskin because it looks 'yukky' is not a good enough reason to mutilate my son's todger. Sorry. And don't start with the 'hygiene' thing. It's no more difficult to clean an uncircumcised penis than it is to give your hoohah a proper wash.

Now I really am going to run away because this topic riles me up. Breathe, breathe.
    ITA^ .............................................

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Thread Information