Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oprah has been secretly adopting African orphans

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Oprah has been secretly adopting African orphans

Winfrey Adopts Ten African Orphans

By WENN| Thursday, December 07, 2006

HOLLYWOOD - Media mogul Oprah Winfrey has been secretly parenting 10 children in South Africa since 2002.

The 52-year-old star has bought the school-aged youths a house, hired caretakers, sent them to boarding school and visits them several times a year.

Winfrey has harsh words for critics of celebrity adoptions in an interview with USA Weekend magazine.

She says, "They can stick it. It's a miracle when a child gets saved and I don't care if it's Brad Pitt and Angelina or somebody... we have not even heard of.

"When I see them carrying around that little black baby, that is so OK with me.

"The people who criticized Madonna don't know what they were talking about, because she saved a child."

source:
    http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3595796

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I don't think Oprah actually adopted those kids.

It's more like she sponsoring them by giving them better lives in their own country.

This reminds me of one of those numerous Judge shows that are on during the day - I think this one was Judge Mathis...

Some numb-nuts took his ex-buddy to court to try to get him to pay up on a bet that he "couldn't adopt a child by the end of the school year". So the guy signed up for one of those sponsor a child deals, and said "see, I adopted a kid".

Any-hoo, I also think Oprah's sponsoring these kids, and hasn't legitimately adopted them. I would think she'd bring them to her home if she really had adopted them and was to be "Mom" to them.
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Oh, wonder what Jen A will make of the comment about Brangenlina.

Why the hell does Oprah feel the need to put her stamp of approval on everything??

When I see them carrying around that little black baby, that is so OK with me.
    Because if it wasn't ok with her, that would mean WHAT??? They have to give "that little black baby" back??? And who the hell says "that little black baby"??? Is that how the children of those two are diffrentiated, by shade???
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

i can't believe i'm saying this but i think poperah's right.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ Mel, have you managed not to see any quote by Angelina? Clearly all children must be referred to by their shade in the rainbow.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I love Oprah and she can do no wrong imo. To come where she came from and do what she's done and earned; its amazing! she's my hero!!

AliceinWland, party of one. Alice, party of one. Your table is ready.

I'll sit with you AIW, I don't mind Oprah so much.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

SVZ

Me neither...she's a motivated powerhouse. That yells.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

She was an overweight not-traditionally-attractive sexually-assaulted as a child & abandoned destitute drug-using (at one point) Black Woman from the South for gawdssakes. She had everything stacked against her! And now she's like the most successful woman ever (every penny she has; she has earned herself unlike the Queen of England for example) and still she gives and gives AND GIVES. She puts her money where her mouth is and for that I have to respect her along with all her other many accomplishments.

Sure I don't always agree with her opinions or thought-processes, but I digress...

Hmmm, 2002 why is it coming out now? Jolie/Pitts showing you up? Josephine Baker first started this and named them her rainbow tribe in the 1950's!

I do love that she takes care of others.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Default Forever Poprah

She has enough bread to have parented a thousand children, or more, in South Africa since 2002. She may have started our being generous in heart, but she is too far away from reality now, it's hidden from her by the legions of people that are kissing her butt 24/365.

Good call, Sweet Pea.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

^^^Yepp, I think Poprah did amazingly well to get where she is but I also keep saying she is slipping into an ivory tower - she seems to think that everything and everybody stays at her attention to receive approval !!

But I'm glad she is sponsoring/adopting those kids...I agree with her on that one:

Saving a child 's life from hunger, disease or war is more important than anything!!!!
    ----------------------

Respect is given when respect is deserved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information