Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pete Doherty receives no jail time...Again!

Default Pete Doherty receives no jail time...Again!

LONDON - Pete Doherty smiled and hugged fans outside court Monday after a judge ruled he will not serve jail time for possession of drugs including heroin and crack cocaine.
    District Judge Jane McIvor ordered the 27-year-old Babyshambles singer to pay $1,525 in fines and court costs and ordered him not to drive for four months.
    "I feel relieved," Doherty told reporters outside Thames Magistrates' Court in London.
    The singer was arrested in April for possession of less than 2 grams each of heroin, cannabis and cocaine, just three hours after he was sentenced to two years of community service for previous drug offenses. The drugs were found in the vehicle he was in and at his home.
    Doherty was arrested again Aug. 7 with a crack pipe and a small amount of crack cocaine, and pleaded guilty Aug. 18 to all five counts.
    "He's not going to jail. It's amazing," said 16-year-old fan Georgina Raymond, who jumped up and down screaming into her cell phone, "I hugged him!"
    In September, McIvor told Doherty he wouldn't serve jail time for the charges if he continued rehabilitation, stayed employed and didn't commit any other offenses. She also complimented him for his song "The Blinding." Doherty didn't break any of the imposed restrictions, McIvor said.
    "Hitting your pocket is the way of punishing you in this case," McIvor said Monday.
    Doherty's lawyer, Sean Curran, said there had been a "breakdown" in Doherty's rehabilitation. Curran gave no details, but said he hoped Doherty would continue to make an effort to break his drug habit.
    In November, Doherty, the on-off boyfriend of supermodel Kate Moss, was fined $1,485 for assaulting British Broadcasting Corp. reporter Trudi Barber outside the same court.
    His drug habit gained international attention after a British tabloid printed pictures last year of Moss allegedly using cocaine at a music studio where Doherty and his band were recording. Moss wasn't charged.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16037422/

WTF?? I don't get how stars get away with everything!
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Well, this definitely validates everything Gwyneth said about the intelligence and sophistication of the Brits.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Robert Downey Jr had to suck it up and go to prison for his drug habits, don't see why Doherty gets another stay of execution.

How does he get away with it?

Maybe the court system in Britain is hoping that this one successfully weeds himself out of the gene pool....Let's just hope he does so without taking anyone with him.

How can anybody think that his escaping jail time is a good thing? Stupid deranged fan-retards.. all you do is enable him.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Checkin In

Judge] How do you find the defendant?
    [Jury Foreman] He's guilty of mayhem, exposure indecent
    [Jurist #1] Freaked out behaviour, both chronic and recent
    [Jury] Drinking and driving, narcotics possession
    [Jurist #2] And that's just page one of his ten page confession!
    [Judge] I should put you away where you can't kill or maim us,
    But this is LA and you're rich and famous!
    [Young Celebrity] I'm checkin' in!
    [Doctors & Patients] He's checkin' in!
    [Young Celebrity] I'm checkin' in!
    [Doctors & Patients] Checkin', checkin' in!
    [Young Celebrity] No more pills or alcohol, no more pot or Demorol,
    No more stinking fun at all! I'm checkin' in!
    [Doctors & Patients] He's checkin' in! He's checkin' in!
    [Doctor] No more looking pale and thin, no more bugs beneath your skin!
    [Young Celebrity] Hey, that's just my aspirin!
    [Doctors & Patients] Chuck it out!
    [Doctors & Patients] You're checkin' in!

Angry

This sends a good message to kids right?
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Ugh. I guess he has to kill himself or someone else before he gets a real punishment.
    I cannot believe the judge complimented him on his song--how unprofessional!
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

In September, McIvor told Doherty he wouldn't serve jail time for the charges if he continued rehabilitation, stayed employed and didn't commit any other offenses. She also complimented him for his song "The Blinding." Doherty didn't break any of the imposed restrictions, McIvor said.
    "Hitting your pocket is the way of punishing you in this case," McIvor said Monday.
    Doherty's lawyer, Sean Curran, said there had been a "breakdown" in Doherty's rehabilitation. Curran gave no details, but said he hoped Doherty would continue to make an effort to break his drug habit.
    And isn't this all a big contradiction? How can the judge say he didn't break the restriction of staying in rehab, and his lawyer say there was a "breakdown" in rehab? Obviously, he didn't keep up with it.

Side note, I can't believe he's only 27. He looks old and haggard...bad...
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

truly unbelievable. How does he escape justice again and again????
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Agent Orange! It took me a while to place the Simpson's ref. Good one!

Pete is a very talented and bright individual, a musical genius if you will. He deserves as many chances as he can to one day kick his evil habit, because he is so much more of a human being than the rest of us average joes and janes. Bless him and hope for his recovery. One day.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Pete is a very talented and bright individual, a musical genius if you will. He deserves as many chances as he can to one day kick his evil habit, because he is so much more of a human being than the rest of us average joes and janes. Bless him and hope for his recovery. One day.

^ Crack is whack, yo.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

What? I don't get why someone should deserve a special treatment just cuz they are superstar How is he more human than the rest of us? Some regular Joes and Janes get harsher sentence for disobeying the law, doesn't that seem unfair when someone just cuz they are celeb gets off easy because of their "talent"?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information