Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Madonna isn't afraid of the human-rights groups

SVZ

Default Madonna isn't afraid of the human-rights groups

http://people.aol.com/people/article...564900,00.html

Madonna will accept a High Court ruling that allows a coalition of 67 human-rights groups to assist in judging whether she is fit to adopt Malawian 1-year-old David Banda, says her lawyer in the African nation.

In his Wednesday ruling in the Malawian capital, Judge Andrew Nyirenda said the human-rights organizations could be viewed as "friends of the court" and could join in the judicial review of the interim custody order he granted to Madonna and her husband, Guy Ritchie.

"The Ritchies called me from London and I explained to them the ruling. ... They have no problem with the ruling and are also willing to sit back and wait," Madonna's lawyer, Alan Chinula, told reporters in the capital, Lilongwe, the Associated Press reports.

The groups had argued that the Malawian government cut legal corners to "fast-track" the adoption, and said regulations must be followed to protect children. Madonna has denied that she was granted VIP treatment.

Chinula said the challenge would help clear up Malawi's "antiquated laws" on adoption and that Madonna's case would serve as a "guiding case for future adoptions."

David's biological father, Yohane Banda, 32, said Thursday he hoped the high-profile case would open the door to easier adoptions of Malawian children by foreigners.

"In Malawi, there are too many underprivileged children, most of them orphans. I appeal to rich people with Madonna's kind heart to come and adopt these children," he said from his mud-and-thatch village of Lipunga, according to the AP.

He added that he had heard that David is being well-cared-for by Madonna in London.

"We are happy here," said Banda. "I know Madonna loves the child. I want to encourage her to keep on loving David."

She didn't follow what was already set up. If she had, she would be keeping house in Milawi right now for the next 18 months like the rest of would have to.

At the end of the day, now that she has the child I wish they would leave them in peace. I understand monitoring new parents to make sure they are suitable to raise the child, but these Malawian children are so overpopulated in these orphanages that I think they need to come up with a better process.

And now I see that the father of the child she is trying to adopt just got married to a woman that is pregnant with his child...at what point do we put an end to these behaviors.
    So you hate your job? There's a support group for that....It's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Yeah, she's not afraid of them because she'll just pay them off like she did everyone else.

Angry

It should have said:

Madonna isnt afraid of humans or rights
    Lace bras... Great in theory, itchy nips in reality

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    She didn't follow what was already set up. If she had, she would be keeping house in Milawi right now for the next 18 months like the rest of would have to.
    Exactly. She is an 'International Star!!!" and did not have to play by the rules. That is what pissed me off mostly about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    It should have said:

Madonna isnt afraid of humans or rights
    LOL!!! good one!!!................
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Since when have the very rich and famous, or even just rich, ever played by the rules?

^^^Never, and they won't, as long as there are palms to be greased...
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Since when have the very rich and famous, or even just rich, ever played by the rules?
    Never. and we should bitch about it. Expecially if it is Madonna.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Thread Information