Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Courtney Love says Kurt Cobain wasn't the love of her life

Default Courtney Love says Kurt Cobain wasn't the love of her life

Courtney Love says Kurt Cobain wasn’t the love of her life. The ‘Hole’ singer described the late Nirvana frontman - the father of her 12-year-old daughter Frances Bean, who she was married to for two years - as "the best friend I ever had" but admits he could be mistrusting and hostile. She told POP magazine: "I think he did love me. But when you’re dealing with someone who is that brilliant but is tortured you have to put up with a lot of misanthropic s**t." Love - who has previously drug and drink addictions - claims her one true love was actor Ed Norton. She explained: "He’s been more of a daddy to Frances than Kurt ever was." The 42-year-old rocker appears in a series of raunchy semi-nude photographs in the latest edition of the magazine. However, Katie Grand, the editor-in-chief of POP, insists that is not what was initially intended. She said: "We didn’t plan the shoot to be raunchy - we wanted to put her in couture - but she’s such a big presence. In a couture dress she seemed stiff, so it ended up being quite naked."
    ISE
    Bitch! Bitch! Bitch! First off Kurt killed himself when Frances Bean was only a baby, so how could she say he wasn’t a good father. Second that kind of gives creedence to what I have always said about her, she used his death to make herself a career? It is going to be interesting to see what Nirvana fans are going to say about this?

http://seriouslyomgwtf.blogsome.com/

SVZ

Why not just dig him up and kick him?

"He’s been more of a daddy to Frances than Kurt ever was."
    Someone, punch her — hard. He died when she was a baby you nitwit how was he suppose to be a good father?!?!? Good lord I want that woman to shut the f*ck up.

good at least NOW we can just snub her for her idiocy of not knowing what made her famous in the first place... dumb bitch!

I still 100% believe he didn't commit suicide. I'm not calling Courtney a murderer, but some shit went on.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I still 100% believe he didn't commit suicide. I'm not calling Courtney a murderer, but some shit went on.
    Of course she isn't a murderer.

The person she paid to kill Kurt is the murderer.

^But what would happen to her, as the instigator?

Curious as to how Mr. Norton feels about all this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Very tacky of her to speak ill of the dead. Kurt Cobain might have been a great father if he had the chance.

I still believe she killed him and always will.

Oh, she sure did cause him to die. She's a self-serving whore who was ugly until PS, and even now she's trash.

I saw her in concert with about 9 people when she was in Hole, and she STARED at my 2 male friends the whole time. She is gross and selfish.

Bronze Member

I think you should put yourself in her shoes. From her perspective, he left her and Frances, and by choice. There's a lot of anger and also feelings of abandonment when you're the child (which I am)or wife/husband of someone who chooses suicide. I love Kurt Cobain more than anybody (save for Ryan Adams) but I think it's fucking stupid how he's made a martyr and idolized like he didn't do something absolutely horrible. He did. And he didn't die for anyone, he died because he wanted to.

I think it's tacky to say he wasn't the love of her life, but maybe he wasn't. She had to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by miss blue View Post
    I think you should put yourself in her shoes. From her perspective, he left her and Frances, and by choice. There's a lot of anger and also feelings of abandonment when you're the child (which I am)or wife/husband of someone who chooses suicide. I love Kurt Cobain more than anybody (save for Ryan Adams) but I think it's fucking stupid how he's made a martyr and idolized like he didn't do something absolutely horrible. He did. And he didn't die for anyone, he died because he wanted to.

I think it's tacky to say he wasn't the love of her life, but maybe he wasn't. She had to move on.
    1. She's speaking ill of her child's father. I think that is utterly disrespectful to the child regardless of... anything.
    2. We actually do not know if he killed himself. I personally think there is more to the situation than meets the eye, but, on the other hand, he did seem to be an incredibly troubled soul, so suicide is not unlikely.
    3. I do not think he's made into a martyr or idolized because of his death; he's idolized because of his music. His untimely death was just a part of it. It was tragic, whichever way you look at it.

Maybe he did choose death, but depression is not an easy thing to diagnose, so to act like it's just a simple matter of, "oh I think I'll kill myself today leaving my child and wife behind" is ridiculous. If he had been in a proper environment and had gotten help, he would probably still be alive today — and happy. It's a very complicated thing; as are most human emotions and thoughts.

Even if all that she says is true, and we have no way of knowing one way or the other, why bring it up now? Like others pointed out, he's dead (can't exactly defend himself) and he's her daughter's father, and it's been years since he died, so I doubt this is the trauma and abandonment talking.

Oh, publicity! Of course. Predictable. Tacky as hell, but predictable.

Bronze Member

Well, saying he wasn't the love of her life isn't really speaking ill of him if it's true. I think it makes her look like an idiot but still. Maybe he was and she doesn't want to look weak. I feel bad for her, she's had to cope with losing her husband and raising her child alone.

He is martyred for all of it, him, the music, his death. There are shirts of his death certificate, there are model dolls of him. He would have hated it. I've seen an icon that says "he died to save rock and roll".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information