Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay Leno, fat and proud, doesn't eat vegetables...

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Jay Leno, fat and proud, doesn't eat vegetables...

Jay Leno: Fat and proud

Friday, 17th November 2006, 09:46

LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - Jay Leno has hit out at the current trend for skinny stars - and claims he hasn't eaten a vegetable "since 1969".

The outspoken US chat show host admits he loves junk food and can't understand why so many actors and pop singers starve themselves just to be thin.

He told Parade magazine: "I'm a meat, chicken and potatoes and pasta kind of guy. I eat a lot of junk food like pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs. When I have a soda, I have a soda - not a diet soda. I don't think I've ever had a salad, actually. And I don't think I've had a vegetable since 1969. My mother gave up on trying to make me eat them.

"I've always liked that "everything in moderation" line, but we don't seem to do that anymore. Everybody today is either dieting or they eat like gluttons."

Leno, who admits he is carrying a few excess pounds, insists he never weighs himself and doesn't feel under pressure to diet because he is happily married.

He said: "The last time I stepped on a scale was 1973. I don't let it bother me. So what if I look like I could I lose a few pounds? I've been married for 26 years. I'm not trying to pick up girls!"

source:
    http://lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Cod..._fat_and_proud_

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

SVZ

Wouldn't want to be his toilet.

Well good for him. lol..and I would not want to be anyone's toilet.
    Although I would hope he would realize the health impications...I think he is more taking a stab at the extreme of the other end..obsessive dieting and exercising.

Why is it that the more we are thin/fitness obsessed as a nation/world, the more we are all getting fatter? It is almost inversely proportional! Is it the diet/yoyo syndrome messing up metabolisms, the mixed messages(thin is good but every other tv commercial is an add for food, fast food franchises at every intersection)?????
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Jay Leno, fat and proud and NOT funny.

Elite Member

David Letterman: bald, self-absorbed, disgusting, dumb, and NOT FUNNY

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Why would he encourage this behavior. I find it ridiculous and stupid. Lord knows I'm a poor eater, but I'm not proud of it and do try to eat better. What an ass.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

He's missing one important point: he's a man. Women have it completely different in Hollywood. Men can get away with beer guts, but women? Oh hell no.

Jay Leno -- I wouldn't want to be his wife. Ewww.

Elite Member

Jay Leno is not heavy in person. For some reason he looks a lot heavier on tv and in pictures. They say that people look bigger on camera too. When I went to The Tonight Show last month to sit in the studio audience, we saw Jay up close and my first impression of him wasn't that he was heavy, it was that he was tall. If he's overweight, he carries his weight well. He doesn't look like a 'fat guy' at all. In fact, about 15 minutes before the show airs, Jay comes out to greet the audience. He answer questions, take pictures with people, and signs autographs...so anyone can basically go onstage with him as long as you don't harrass him. He came out in jeans, a blue denim shirt and tennis shoes. To be honest, he looked pretty good. Then he says bye, that he'll be right out and 10 minutes later he came out in a suit. He isn't what I'd call overweight in my book at all. He just looks a lot heavier on t.v.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    David Letterman: bald, self-absorbed, disgusting, dumb, and NOT FUNNY
    Hear, hear, except for dumb. He's smart, only not half as smart as HE thinks he is, the arrogant bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Jay Leno is not heavy in person. For some reason he looks a lot heavier on tv and in pictures. They say that people look bigger on camera too. When I went to The Tonight Show last month to sit in the studio audience, we saw Jay up close and my first impression of him wasn't that he was heavy, it was that he was tall. If he's overweight, he carries his weight well. He doesn't look like a 'fat guy' at all. In fact, about 15 minutes before the show airs, Jay comes out to greet the audience. He answer questions, take pictures with people, and signs autographs...so anyone can basically go onstage with him as long as you don't harrass him. He came out in jeans, a blue denim shirt and tennis shoes. To be honest, he looked pretty good. Then he says bye, that he'll be right out and 10 minutes later he came out in a suit. He isn't what I'd call overweight in my book at all. He just looks a lot heavier on t.v.
    ^He must have gorgeous eyes, too. I remember he had Bo Derek on once, for the first time. She stopped mid-sentence to say "Wow, you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. I never knew you had such beautiful eyes!"
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by bite me spidey View Post
    He's missing one important point: he's a man. Women have it completely different in Hollywood. Men can get away with beer guts, but women? Oh hell no.
    EXACTLY, thankyou. And i think its pathetic that he boasts about not eating a vegetable in all those years. Did it ever occur to him that his diet is unhealthy and unbalanced; and he's promoting it. Fuck off. Although now I know why he looks so good

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Jay Leno -- I wouldn't want to be his wife. Ewww.
    Not even if he has the biggest schlong in Hollywood?
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I do believe this story is horse shit.

I remember watching Leno years (and years) ago and he had Oprah on and they were discussing weight loss and she made him get on a scale (I can't remember how much he weighed in at) and she said she would help him lose weight (in a certain amount of time) with some diet plan she was on. I never did see whether or not he actually did lose weight.

So, he's saying he doesn't care if he looks good for his wife? Pffffffft.

Elite Member

HWBL, you are sooooo right!! Jay's eyes are beautiful!!! I was going to type that, but it was so late last night that I was in a hurry and just hit the submit button to send it quickly. As you leave the Tonight Show, you walk right past the stage and he's usually standing at the edge speaking to his guests but as the crowd is walking towards the exits, he walks to the edge and thanks everyone for coming...he waves goodbye and shakes hands with people in the studio audience and of course, people walk by and shout 'Bye Jay!. Security is around the stage, but they don't do anything as long as people behave. But you walk right past him and he's a tall man. He's big (not fat, I'm speaking body wise--big frame).

Anyway, Jay shook the hand of the couple in front of me as we were walking out and his eyes are super blue...you can even see how bright blue they are as you walk by the stage and he's there speaking to a guest. I think they're so striking because he has that 'Suri Cruise' thing going on---dark hair and eyelashes but blue blue eyes. They are beautiful.

Personally, I think Jay Leno's a lot better looking in person than t.v. If he was a regular person and I saw him at the grocery store, he'd be someone I'd look twice at---it's just funny how different he looks in person. I went with my aunt and my mother and they both said he was handsome. He's just not that great on camera I guess...he's not photogenic at all because pictures don't do him justice...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information