Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actress Adrienne Shelley found dead

That's terrible. I feel bad for her family.

Default Actress Adrienne Shelley found dead

November 3, 2006

Indie Actress Adrienne Shelley Found Dead

Adrienne Shelley, the actress of seminal independent movies Trust and The Unbelievable Truth, was found dead on Wednesday in her Greenwich Village office. Her husband Andrew Ostroy found her hanging from a shower rod in the bathroom in an Abingdon Square building.

The Post reports that the police are "inclined" to beileve it was suicide (no signs of a struggle or forced entry at the door) but they are "investigating sneaker prints in the bathtub that did not match Shelley's shoes." The ME's office conducted an autopsy, but has not released the results.

Queens-born Shelley lived in Tribeca with her husband and 3 year old daughter and had recently focused on writing and directing. Her agent said, "She was so psyched about [her new film Waitress]. She gathered an amazing cast, and she was really happy and excited to hear back from Sundance about it." Here is her filmography - definitely check out Trust and The Unbelievable Truth, as well as last year's Factotum.

I remember those Hal Hartley movies, she was good.

http://www.gothamist.com/archives/20...nne_shelle.php

Yes, she was a good actress. How sad for her husband and daughter. RIP.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

The police are 'inclined' to think it was suicide? Gee, what was the first clue?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I'm sorry who was she? well its sad either way, RIP.

That's a strong-ass shower curtain rod
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    The police are 'inclined' to think it was suicide? Gee, what was the first clue?

There are people who murder others and try to make it look like a suicide. It might have been possible for her husband or someone else to hang her there to make it look like suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    That's a strong-ass shower curtain rod
    i kno i was thinking it would have snapped but ...

I have no idea who she is, but that's sad. A three year old little girl without a mom now, sigh.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    November 3, 2006

Indie Actress Adrienne Shelley Found Dead

Adrienne Shelley, the actress of seminal independent movies Trust and The Unbelievable Truth, was found dead on Wednesday in her Greenwich Village office. Her husband Andrew Ostroy found her hanging from a shower rod in the bathroom in an Abingdon Square building.

The Post reports that the police are "inclined" to beileve it was suicide (no signs of a struggle or forced entry at the door) but they are "investigating sneaker prints in the bathtub that did not match Shelley's shoes." The ME's office conducted an autopsy, but has not released the results.

Queens-born Shelley lived in Tribeca with her husband and 3 year old daughter and had recently focused on writing and directing. Her agent said, "She was so psyched about [her new film Waitress]. She gathered an amazing cast, and she was really happy and excited to hear back from Sundance about it." Here is her filmography - definitely check out Trust and The Unbelievable Truth, as well as last year's Factotum.

I remember those Hal Hartley movies, she was good.

http://www.gothamist.com/archives/20...nne_shelle.php

UPDATED: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=4733912

Police: Arrest made in death of actress
    Adrienne Shelly found dead in her NYC office last week.

Police say an arrest has been made in the death of actress Adrienne Shelly. Her death last week was first believed a suicide.

Eyewitness News reporter Jim Dolan is in Greenwich Village with the latest.

Eyewitness News has learned that 29-year-old Diego Pilko, a worker in the victim's building, has been arrested. Police say he will be charged with murder in the second degree.

Earlier in the day, a NYPD spokesman said a person was being questioned but provided no further details.

On Friday, Eyewitness News talked exclusively with Shelly's husband, Andy Ostroy, who said his wife's death was suspicious.

"My wife ... did not kill herself," Andy Ostroy said.
    Andy Ostroy says his wife's death on Wednesday is suspicious and not a simple case of suicide, despite media headlines that proclaimed Adrienne Shelly , the beautiful blond actress took her own life inside apartment 47 here in this Greenwich Village apartment building.

"I'm doing everything I can, everything humanly possible to find out exactly what happened," he said.

On late Wednesday afternoon, he found his wife of five years face up on the bathroom floor of the apartment. Investigators say she had a bed sheet tied around her neck, the sheet was hanging from a shower rod.

"As you can imagine, this is the most horrible thing anyone can go through," he said.

Ostroy says his wife would not have taken her own life because she had so much to look forward to. The 40-year-old actress' movie career was thriving, her home life was fulfilling as they were raising a two-year-old girl. Suicide he says just doesn't make sense.

"That little girl has to know, has to grow up knowing the truth," he said.

Icepik was right (okay, have to say allegedly right at this point).

OMG how incredibly sad and disgusting; what an awful pitiful asshole who did that to her! He should get the death penalty!

Smile

I would be interested to hear WHY he killed her... it just seems like a waste of life.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

^ ^
    He claims Adrienne complained about the noise he was making.

Nov 6, 2006 5:40 pm US/Eastern
    Brooklyn Man Charged With Murdering Actress
    (CBS/AP) NEW YORK Prosecutors have charged a man with murdering actress Adrienne Shelly, who was found hanging from a shower rod in her West Village office last Wednesday, CBS 2 News has learned. Sources tell CBS 2’s Ti-Hua Chang a construction worker has allegedly confessed to the crime.

Police have charged 19-year-old Diego Pillco, of the 300-block of Prospect Avenue in Brooklyn, with second degree murder.

Sources tell CBS 2’s Ti-Hua Chang that Pillco, a construction worker, apparently confessed to the crime.

Pillco allegedly punched the 5-foot-2 actress after she complained about the noise he was making in the West Village apartment building where her office is located, killing her.

He then allegedly admitted to dragging the body up to her office, and positioning her in the shower to make her death look like a suicide.

The medical examiner's office had not yet ruled whether the death of the petite actress best known for her roles in the Hal Hartley films "Trust" and "The Unbelievable Truth" was a homicide or a suicide.

Police had been hesitant to label the case a suicide after no suicide note was found and sneaker prints that didn't match Shelly's shoes were found in the bathtub.

Shelly, whose birth name was Adrienne Levine, was found by her husband, Andy Ostoy, Wednesday evening hanging from a shower rod in the bathtub of a Greenwich Village apartment which she uses as her office.

Shelly, who was born in Queens and grew up on Long Island, also had a 3-year-old daughter Sophie.

Source: http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_306192615.html
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

People are absolutely insane

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Whoops...I take back my snide remark. Poor lady and really, that poor kid. People are messed up.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information