Baldwin slams Schwarzenegger film
Actor Alec Baldwin has requested that a voiceover he provided for a documentary on Arnold Schwarzenegger be removed over the film's references to Nazis.
He claims he was unaware of the content of the film when he recorded his part.
The documentary, focusing on Mr Schwarzenegger's career as governor of California, mentions his father's alleged links to the Nazi party.
Baldwin, 48, writing in a blog on the Huffington Post, says Mr Schwarzenegger has not been treated fairly.
He said that while he was not a supporter of the governor, the documentary, Running With Arnold, went too far.
"The film-makers hammer Schwarzenegger over his private behaviour and his record as governor," wrote Baldwin.
"But Schwarzenegger deserves to be treated fairly and the film's images of Nazi rallies were over the line."
Also mentioned in the documentary was his friendship with former Austrian President Kurt Waldheim, who was discredited by allegations about his Nazi ties and refused entry to the US.
Mr Schwarzenegger has previously spoken out against the Nazi Party. His office declined to comment on the documentary on Tuesday.
Documentary producer Mike Gabrawy told the Associated Press that Baldwin received the script more than a month ahead of recording and had been invited to screenings of the film.
"What's really shocking about this situation is that this is not really a critical look at Arnold - there's a lot more we could've done to be critical," said Gabrawy. He said distribution for the film would continue.
Baldwin, who says he has returned his fee for the job and has consulted lawyers, says he was too busy to attend a screening and there was no mention of the Nazis in the script.