Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh accuses Michael J Fox of faking Parkinsons symptoms

Default Rush Limbaugh accuses Michael J Fox of faking Parkinsons symptoms

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ationworld-hed
    Limbaugh: Fox `shilling' in stem cell ad

Chicago Tribune

October 24, 2006

A political ad in which a Parkinson's-afflicted Michael J. Fox talks about stem cell research was criticized Monday by conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh, who asserted that Fox was "either off his medication or acting" while filming the commercial.

"Michael J. Fox is allowing his illness to be exploited and in the process is shilling for a Democrat politician," Limbaugh said of the ad for Senate candidate Claire McCaskill of Missouri.

Limbaugh later seemed to back off the idea that Fox was acting out symptoms, saying he didn't mean to imply "that one could easily act it out for the purposes of a commercial."

But he also said, "I have gotten a plethora of e-mails from people saying Michael J. Fox has admitted in interviews that he goes off his medication for Parkinson's disease when he appears before Congress or other groups as a means of illustrating the ravages of the disease."

Adrianne Marsh, a spokeswoman for McCaskill, called the attacks by Limbaugh sad.

"It just goes to show what ignorance is out there about diseases like this and others," she said.
    Copyright 2006, Chicago Tribune

Here is a link to the video of MJ Fox's ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WB_PXjTBo

What an absolute Jackass.
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Bronze Member

Yeah right!

Rush Limbaugh truly IS a big *** *****, and I guess this is the proof thereof.

I have no words right now that can adequately describe what I think should be done to Rush Limbaugh for such a heinous comment. I can only hope that HE at some point in his life, will realize that Stem Cell research is NEEDED desperately and that it can possibly save lives, maybe someday HIS or a family members. He'll get his....he has to. He's lived far too charmed a life.

I saw this ad this weekend, its airing in Missouri because stem cell research is on the ballot for next month, as well as the Governor's race. I was shocked at how very bad Michael looked, his shaking is just HUGE now. I've always been a Rush hater, but this is jsut a new low. If he's seen MJF and made this remark then he needs to get off the fucking crack he's been smoking.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Rush deserves a public beating seriously, though even that isn't good enough. How dare he say such things?? HOW DARE HE???

... so did Fox actually admit to going off his meds for commercials? That's a heck of a charge to make.

I wonder if it's true
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I must say, there is one thing in that commercial that pissed me off. He says "this [stem cell research] can help provide cures for Americans like me". Last time I check homeboy was Canadian.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

wasnt rush limbaugh the one addicted to pain killers and admitted himself into a treatment center??

ive seen what parkinsons can do...i cant imagine anyone wanting to fake that disease!!! what an idiot
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by silver024 View Post
    wasnt rush limbaugh the one addicted to pain killers and admitted himself into a treatment center??

ive seen what parkinsons can do...i cant imagine anyone wanting to fake that disease!!! what an idiot
    Yes, but only after an extensive police investigation in which he almost went to jail. He also claimed to have lost his hearing due to wearning headphones or something like that all these years on the radio, when in fact is was a direct result of the addiction to the pain meds. God I hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ... so did Fox actually admit to going off his meds for commercials? That's a heck of a charge to make.

I wonder if it's true
    Even if it is, I don't think it matters. If he wants to show people what Parkinson's can do, that's a good way to go about it. Not everyone with the disease can afford treatment the way he can, so showing himself unmedicated gets the point across for all Parkinson's sufferers.

No, doesn't matter really.. it's a bit disengenuous, but showing the ravages for what they are is a good hammerblow.

I like how Rush Windbag said Fox was being 'used'. Did someone abduct him and hold a gun to his head, forcing him to read lines for a political commercial? lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

He's getting his facts more screwed up than Ann Coulter. Why doesn't he go back to poppin' pills!

PS. My father has Parkinson's, and it's a disease that no one would fake. Especially with the meds they have to take.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think it's Rush who needs to get off his meds.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I think it's Rush who needs to get off his meds.
    I was just about to type the exact same thing! He needs to either get off the drugs or go marry wife #6 or 7 or whatever number he is up to now. Yeah - he is a glowing symbol for conservatives in America.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information