Thread: Zeta and Pre Nups

Default Zeta and Pre Nups

Does any one know if Micheal Douglas and Zeta Jones have a prenup? She seems pretty well set, and Douglas seems pretty well stuck on her. I can't imagine that he tried to make her sign anything too strict. Also she's had 2 kids in short order, which makes her postion more secure.

However I can also imagine that there is some kind of 'adultery clause'. If she gets caught with a finger in her cookie jar, then it alters what she might get in a divorce. That would explain why she's been so careful. The clause might work both ways, under the old "if I have to agree, then you have to agree to the same thing' principle. That would explain why he's a recovering sex addict, and not still out and at it.

Last edited by AgentOrange; November 1st, 2005 at 01:12 PM.

Dec. 6, 2000 | Waiting for Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas to pooh-pooh those reports of a prenuptial agreement that will allegedly net the actress $2.8 million for every year the marriage lasts, and a honkin' bonus if she catches her new hubby messin' around? You may as well start breathing again. It ain't gonna happen.

"I think prenups are brilliant," Zeta-Jones chirps in the January issue of Vanity Fair, admitting that under her prenup with Douglas, "I get taken care of very well."

But don't go thinking her love of legal documentation has anything to do with money, age or her husband's notorious roving eye. Oh no.

"If I were marrying someone of lesser fortune who was 25 years younger, I'd be doing exactly the same thing," Zeta-Jones insists. "Why should Michael be in a position where half of his fortune, which he's worked bloody hard for, lands in someone else's lap?"

The actress does, however, refute reports that the two feuded while hammering out the document's details. "It wasn't a nasty experience for me," she says. "It was like 'Thank God that's done ... let's get on with it.' It was signed and put in the bottom of a drawer, hopefully never to be seen again."

Anyone taking bets?
    http://www.salon.com/people/col/reit/2000/12/06/npwed/

Kinda figured the was a 'conditional' pre nup.

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    too much talk about her marriage lately. i think they are about to call it quits.
    they HAVE been talking about that alot haven't they? hmmm kinda strange...

if i were a woman about to be married the concept of a pre nup would depress the hell out of me.

Elite Member

I think they are talking a lot about it because of this new Zorro movie . She needs some publicity (good or bad).

I heard that because he was practically a sex addict--there's a huge clause on him too. Starts with no kissing clause. Read this last year I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    I heard that because he was practically a sex addict--there's a huge clause on him too. Starts with no kissing clause. Read this last year I believe.
    I think that the clause works both ways. Shge gets her $3 million a year, for every year of marriage, plus huge beenfits if there are children, but she gets very little if she's caught cheating.

Thread Information