Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie fail to make good on promised gift to Namibian school

Default Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie fail to make good on promised gift to Namibian school

Brangelina's Namibian IOU

10/09/2006

While the Brangelina caravan moves on to India (leaving manhandled stalkerazzos in its wake) all is not well in Namibia, where a recent visit to the Mondesa Resettlement Community by a British TV crew proved revealing. Back in June, to commemorate baby Shiloh's entrance into the world, the Jolie-Pitts pledged $315,000 to a local pre-school and the maternity wards at the Swakopmund and Walvis Bay hospitals.
    While a $15,000 cash pledge was reportedly given to the Democratic Resettlement Community pre-school before the duo retreated to Malibu, when the UK morning gabfest GMTV arrived in September to film a short spot on the couple's Namibian love-fest, they found administrators who felt the couple had failed to make good on their promised largesse.

A source connected with the shoot confirmed that the Headmistress of the DRC school was visibly upset off-camera, and claimed her students had been abandoned by the high-profile humanitarians. "Either they have a really shoddy accountant, or they are promising things in the moment that they have no intention of delivering. The children at this school have been left waiting for money that has never arrived," says the source.

Robert Myres, a spokesman for the Mondesa Youth Organization, a local charity untouched by the couple's munificence, says, "It is not clear to me if [the DRC School] received the money or not, but I can say that if they did, it is not apparent. The pre-school looks exactly as it has since it was built a few years ago—there has been no apparent upgrades or additions to the facility."

Perhaps inevitably, the Jolie-Pitt's generous promises of cash have left a number of local organizations confused about their intentions and frustrated by the seemingly arbitrary nature of the pledges. "I did find it ironic that Angelina had her baby two blocks from our facilities and did not at least look into the Mondesa Youth Organization before deciding where to donate. MYO is far more efficient, credible, and effective than any other organization on the coast of Namibia. It would be impossible to spend time in the area and not be aware of our programs, so I was disheartened to know that they were right there and did not come see what we are doing."

GMTV aired its final report on Brangelina's Namibian adventures last Thursday, focusing on the swanky beach resort where the couple stayed, and featuring GMTV presenter Lorraine Kelly releasing a cheetah into the wild. DRC teacher Queen Elizabeth Mipenda told the interviewer that a full year's tuition costs around £80 ($140 US), meaning the school needs around £3,000 ($5,280 US) a year to keep it going. As of press time, the school was still waiting.

A rep for Jolie and Pitt did not return calls.

Source: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...mibian-iou.php
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

I am almost too scared to comment !

Oh, no I'm heartbroken. Say it ain't so!

"Either they have a really shoddy accountant, or they are promising things in the moment that they have no intention of delivering. The children at this school have been left waiting for money that has never arrived," says the source.
    There's no excuse for either one. Those poor little children.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

The only reason they keep blabbing about how much they were donating was to try to change their image at the time.

"See how much we are donating to this poor poor school **even though not from our pockets, but from the stupid folks at People Gagazine**, aren't we soooooo GREAT......NOW, forget how we got together, or that the child we are having is going to be a bastard, who was conceived while the father was still married to another woman"

Instead they kept all that money, and used it to buy a picture of a starving African family looking at a white family having a pinic. I'm sure it brought back memories of their jaunt out in Namibia (all those poor Africans starving right outside their window, while they spent 2.5 mill to have a child, living in all that luxury......such humanitarians), must have been why they had to get it, or maybe to make sure that Zahara gets put in her place every time.

Why some people still buy all of their humanitarian image crap, is waaaayy beyond me. I'm sure maturity, education and many other factors come into play in seperating those that buy their B.S, from those that don't.

Silver Member

Out of desperation and lack of nothing to do, I started flipping the channel, got to VH1 where they were doing the fabulous lives of hip hop stars and these people buy 7 cars at the same time. They change their cars every year because they get bored with the color, some guy spent 1 million dollars on his cars in 2005…..yet no one is saying but they criticize the Jolie Pitts because they donate to charities. Isn’t there something terribly wrong here? Are our priorities really THAT messed up? Seriously, what kind of message are they sending? That’s it’s okay to be self-centered? I mean what else would you call buying 7 cars……you’re just one person and can only ride in one car at a certain time…..which means majority of the time those remaining six cars are seating idle, so pray tell what is the point of the extravagance? See, It is nonsense like this that makes me appreciate the JPs…..they could be sitting in their mansions, bragging about their cars and what not (something they sure won’t catch any flack for) yet, they put themselves out there knowing there’s a chance they might be ridiculed and their every move watched. BP alone is worth $100 million., what does he need a measly 4 million for? Why would he…they want to keep the money? And even if they wanted to keep the money, why would they make an announcement that they would be donating it? It’s like a bank robber calling the cops and telling them he’s about to rob a bank. This would fall under “world’s stupidest criminals” won’t it and the last I checked, BP and AJ aren’t stupid. Honestly, this just simple logic and I can’t understand why people keep harping on their charity giving. This is America for goodness sakes, a country that believes in checks and balances. Is it really possible for the JPs to get away with any wrong doing?

Another thing, people expect that when a person pledges a donation, they should just walk to the bedrooms and cut a check. Any accountant will tell you that’s not how it works. The company a friend of mine works for, is just now redeeming pledges they made in late 2004, early 2005. There is a process and only illiterates would think otherwise.

So Radar and the rest of the idiots can carry on with their nonsense but as long as there are Hip-Hop stars spending $1 million in 1 day on 7 cars, I’ll always be grateful to the JPs.

What I find annoying are people that attack those that do a hell of a lot more for humanity than those that sit around , bitch and , pick on those that do. There isn’t one blogger here that criticizes Brad and Angelina that gives as much as these two do. Not even half or less than that. There isn’t one person on the staff of Radar that does anything for anyone. Brad and Angelina are making a difference. While others sit around and make snide comments about them wanting to “save the world’ they actually ARE doing just that. The money they donate goes to help children, women, whole communities. They are saving lives. Not wasting theirs on a blog calling them names and accusing them of not donating out of the goodness of their hearts.

Go Fiddy!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

What do you expect from two such classless idiots? Of course they reneged on their word.

Yup, in the end, no matter how you try to spin it, they reneged on their word. Simple as that.

Just because they behave badly, doesn't mean that other celebrities don't behave badly. They made a promise, they didn't fulfill it. End of story.

Even though going back on their word is a dishonorable thing—especially when they are going around getting publicity for all of their 'good deeds'—I have to give them credit, for at least doing something. There are filthy rich people all over this planet who are buying cars (as previously stated) and rims, televisions, PS3 for their infant child etc. Instead of donating $1 to help children in need. According to this article they did donate $15,000 so even though that's a small amount compared to what was promised, at least it's something.

I'm not one to say what others should do with their money because I think whether you want to help a child in need or buy 24k rims for your stupid car, it is your money and you have every right to do with it what you please—but I do think it shows a lot of character when someone decides to share their wealth.

Brad/Angelina have gone down a notch in my book because I think this has been a shitty thing for them to do, but I still give them credit for doing something.

Now that attention has been brought to the issue - I'm sure Brad and Angie will have their people cut the appropriate checks as promised...

They might be humanitarians, but they're also movie stars and VERY aware of their public images...

You cannot post anything bad about Brangelina around here or you will get a long, boring rant about how fantastic they are. BRANGELINA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Quote Originally Posted by Nitelite View Post
    Out of desperation and lack of nothing to do, I started flipping the channel, got to VH1 where they were doing the fabulous lives of hip hop stars and these people buy 7 cars at the same time. They change their cars every year because they get bored with the color, some guy spent 1 million dollars on his cars in 2005…..yet no one is saying but they criticize the Jolie Pitts because they donate to charities. Isn’t there something terribly wrong here? Are our priorities really THAT messed up? Seriously, what kind of message are they sending? That’s it’s okay to be self-centered? I mean what else would you call buying 7 cars……you’re just one person and can only ride in one car at a certain time…..which means majority of the time those remaining six cars are seating idle, so pray tell what is the point of the extravagance? See, It is nonsense like this that makes me appreciate the JPs…..they could be sitting in their mansions, bragging about their cars and what not (something they sure won’t catch any flack for) yet, they put themselves out there knowing there’s a chance they might be ridiculed and their every move watched. BP alone is worth $100 million., what does he need a measly 4 million for? Why would he…they want to keep the money? And even if they wanted to keep the money, why would they make an announcement that they would be donating it? It’s like a bank robber calling the cops and telling them he’s about to rob a bank. This would fall under “world’s stupidest criminals” won’t it and the last I checked, BP and AJ aren’t stupid. Honestly, this just simple logic and I can’t understand why people keep harping on their charity giving. This is America for goodness sakes, a country that believes in checks and balances. Is it really possible for the JPs to get away with any wrong doing?

Another thing, people expect that when a person pledges a donation, they should just walk to the bedrooms and cut a check. Any accountant will tell you that’s not how it works. The company a friend of mine works for, is just now redeeming pledges they made in late 2004, early 2005. There is a process and only illiterates would think otherwise.

So Radar and the rest of the idiots can carry on with their nonsense but as long as there are Hip-Hop stars spending $1 million in 1 day on 7 cars, I’ll always be grateful to the JPs.

What I find annoying are people that attack those that do a hell of a lot more for humanity than those that sit around , bitch and , pick on those that do. There isn’t one blogger here that criticizes Brad and Angelina that gives as much as these two do. Not even half or less than that. There isn’t one person on the staff of Radar that does anything for anyone. Brad and Angelina are making a difference. While others sit around and make snide comments about them wanting to “save the world’ they actually ARE doing just that. The money they donate goes to help children, women, whole communities. They are saving lives. Not wasting theirs on a blog calling them names and accusing them of not donating out of the goodness of their hearts.
    The difference between the "jps" and the other ass hats is that the other ass hats aren't promising gobs of money to children's charities and then not following through. Why not ask the "jps" why they kept their $4 million? You'll get no argument from me about the "world's stupidest" anything when it comes to these two. So, yes, you are perfectly right about them being just that...stupid. Glad we finally agree on something!

As for Radar, those f-ers are the bomb (that's the very first time I've used that phrase BTW). They call it like they see it. They aren't afraid to take on teh Thetan Tom's of the world or the "jps" for that matter. They're freaking awesome at Radar.

Just a question, how do you know what anyone else contributes? Fuck, if I had $100 million, I'd donate a hell of a lot more than I do. But I don't go around flaunting my money, promising it to kids and then not delivering. That would make me an ass hat.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimandSexxy View Post
    The only reason they keep blabbing about how much they were donating was to try to change their image at the time.

"See how much we are donating to this poor poor school **even though not from our pockets, but from the stupid folks at People Gagazine**, aren't we soooooo GREAT......NOW, forget how we got together, or that the child we are having is going to be a bastard, who was conceived while the father was still married to another woman"

Instead they kept all that money, and used it to buy a picture of a starving African family looking at a white family having a pinic. I'm sure it brought back memories of their jaunt out in Namibia (all those poor Africans starving right outside their window, while they spent 2.5 mill to have a child, living in all that luxury......such humanitarians), must have been why they had to get it, or maybe to make sure that Zahara gets put in her place every time.

Why some people still buy all of their humanitarian image crap, is waaaayy beyond me. I'm sure maturity, education and many other factors come into play in seperating those that buy their B.S, from those that don't.

Slim, I have missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitelite View Post
    I agree with your entire post.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information